“Amazing traditional Sicilian food! ”
Review of Il Girasole

Il Girasole
Ranked #24 of 263 Restaurants in Modica
Price range: USD 24 - USD 25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We had lunch at Il Girasole while on holidays in Sicily by recommendation from the owner of the agriturismo we were staying at near Modica. We booked by email and they were very quick at responding. When we arrived there were only locals at the restaurant and no tourists. We were told that as it was Sunday there was a fixed menu so we didn't know what to expect. And what we got was a feast!
The antipasti were delicious followed by two types of pasta: ricotta filled ravioli with sugo di maiale and cavatelli with aubergine pesto- both amazing!! The ravioli were hands down the best we've had.
For secondi piatti we had three different types of meat and a big mixed salad. There was so much food that we couldn't finish it and we had to order a doggy bag. It's not a fancy place but you'll get traditional and delicious Sicilian food.

1  Thank Silvia M

Reviewed 26 March 2017

My sister and I enjoyed a leisurely dinner here on a Saturday night. We arrived right when they opened for dinner, but all 8 tables soon filled up with groups that looked like regulars. One server ably handled all of us with friendy efficiency.

I had pasta with sausage and asperagus, with a side of greens cooked in garlic. My sister got eggplant in tomato sauce, and salad.

Everything was prepared simply and beautifully. The wine was excellent and CHEAP! The food was reasonable as well. I think the entire bill came to 25 euros.

If I am ever lucky enough to return to Modica, I will definitely come back here.

1  Thank Carolyn R
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Had a great dinner here with my grandson and highly recommend. Everything was delicious and the wine list is amazing. I would love to go back here!

Reviewed 24 August 2016

This is a lovely find. The food is good - not special - but good enough we went twice. The atmosphere is fantastic - really authentic and rustic, which kind if heightened how enjoyable the food was. The local wine served here is cheap but very drinkable. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed it and would go back if we found ourselves in Modica again.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

Ordered the tagliatelle with pork sauce - it was just tomato sauce although waitress insisted it was with pork; perhaps they dipped in a pork bone! Furthermore, it was such a small amount of sauce the pasta was basically dry....the waitress brought me some extra sauce. Second dish of lamb was mediocre. You can eat much better in other restaurants in modica. Not recommended.