“It worths a visit”
Review of I Lupini

I Lupini
Ranked #3 of 271 Restaurants in Modica
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Description: Street-food fried fish,grilled fish,sandwiches.
Description: Street-food fried fish,grilled fish,sandwiches.
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Nice place where you can eat fresh fish of the mediterranean sea fronting pozzaĺlo or the marinas (modica and ragusa).
Book a table in advance otherwise you do not find a seat. You can spend the nite there without any pressure from the managers.
The fish grilled or fried is well prepared, may be only the portions are jot that generous. Wines are few but all of great quality and produced by local producers.
A nice experience and i strongly recommend it.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We found this little restaurant down a back lane way and it was fantastic! Very small only 6 or so tables and a small menu they just talk trough with you, enough English to explain well!, either get there early or pre book, open tues to sat as that’s when he gets his fresh seafood! It was faultless, we actually had the pasta dishes and they were Devine! Can’t recommend highly enough from two Australians who love their seafood!

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Using fresh fish, no menu. The pasta was perfect. Very nice service. Highly recommend this place. Small but great quality

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is more of a tiny street cafe but don't let that fool you. Michelangelo explains what's on offer - all fresh, cooked simply and very tasty. We started with mussels - best we are in Sicily. My husband then had a grilled fish with salad whilst I had pasta with mussels, clams and Michelangelos parsley sauce - delicious. Our teenage daughters had shrimp pasta. We presented 6 very clean plates much to the delight of the chef and his assistant - both great characters who work very hard and with a genuine smile. They selected a local white wine to compliment our food. Our favourite meal in 3 weeks of travelling around Sicily - we strongly recommend the whole experience.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank karen b
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

No menu, but fresh fish

You are asked whether you would like it grilled or fried.

They put the fish directly on the grill, don’t even use salt, as the fish already comes from salty water.

I would myself have prefered a little bit of salt, but that’s my taste.

A must visit