See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Location it's great, room are very clean and comfortable, I could give you 5 points yet breakfast isn't that special and either the receptionist he wasn't there at 7:45 to process my bill in the morning , he came 5-10 minutes late and isn't good at all for business customers

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

I was so lucky, I got a very nice room, big one and with a balcony. The view was spectacular! Air conditioning was perfect. Breakfasts are served every morning, traditional European style. Cereals, fruits, bakery, cheese and ham, etc. Internet is good. Very nice location! City center, close to the Clock Tower. Friendly personnel.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2016

This is a quaint little hotel near the center of Macerata and in easy distance of the university, the main square, shopping, historical sites, and activities if Macerata is on your travel list. Room was a decent size and housekeeping and breakfast (included with the room) was standard fare. Staff was very polite and helpful. Although the quality of the staff's English was uneven, you will get your message apart.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2016

The hotel is in the central part of historical Macerata. Its location is outstanding, 100m away from Piazza de Libertá. 5 stars here! It offers free Wifi, good too!
Rooms are quite small, but bed is ok. The hotel is clean, but clearly needs some renovation. Some parts require a renovation, some areas of paper on the wall are destroyed, the cover of the bed had a hole, etc.
Also, some issues require a clear improvement: in the reception some people, although nice and friendly do not simply speak English...
Finally, breakfast is really bad, one of the worst I ever had in any hotel in the world. Very small quantity and variety of bread, cake and fruit. Juice is from commercial brands, the tables are not made when you get there or are not clean from the previous customers. You have to ask for coffee and milk and things simply are not working properly. Overall, breakfast is a shame! And communication is difficult...
This is a classic hotel in a fantastic location but is not a 4 stars hotel, quality and service is from a 1-2 stars.
Impossible to recommend. Look for other options in the area, there are some...

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2016

Before anyone says anything, this is an honest review of our experience of the Hotel Claudiani in Macerata (the town itself, well that is a completely other story - and not a very different one). I am not an happy-go-lucky reviewer, and unless I can say something good I prefer to say nothing - however, this is an exception to that rule. We were booked in here for three nights Apr. 20-22. I have deliberately left it a while before reviewing this hotel so that my objectivity is not clouded by the anger and frustration about our time there.

This hotel sets itself up as a four star hotel, but in my opinion I wouldn’t even give it one star, in fact I would be thinking in terms of minus stars. On arrival I was under the impression that there was an air of faded glory about the place, just how faded that was had yet to be revealed in all of its sadness. We are relatively seasoned travellers and have stayed in some good, and not so good hotels - in this case the ‘not so good’ would have been luxury. Let’s list the main problems. The bedding, especially the blanket, had a musty smell about it. Next, it is rare to get a really good shower in hotels, but even rarer to get a shower that one comes out of feeling dirtier than when one went into it (see pics). The walls were grubby with water (or worse?) stains on them. There was a huge amount of dust underneath all the furniture. The coup de grace, however, was the toilet seat which broke the first time anyone used the toilet (see pics). We were assured that it would be repaired. It was, by that well known firm of handymen Bodgeit & Run, because, again, the first time it was sat on, post-repair, it broke once more. It was at this point that the indifference, bordering on rudeness, of the staff became apparent. We were booked to stay for three nights, but abandoned after two when the relationship with the place had reached something of an impasse.

Would I recommend it to friends? Most definitely not.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple