All reviews the hotel offers fish elevator amenities germany sea
Reviewed 13 July 2017

we stayed for a weekend there , but were "forced" to stay, as the part of the family was staying there as well.
expensive food in the bar
good service though at reception!
but..the breakfast area in high-season...soooo crowded and loud..in general, not my type of hotel at all.
depends very much on individual taste, but for the value of a room, would rather find something else..
and the room we got..with bedroom window facing straight , literally straight to the elevator door :) so people coming out of the lift, could look straight on to our bed :) if the gardinen were not closed..that i did not like, but there was no chance to change the room.so for 2 nights, it was ok
oh- great advantage - veyr nice swimming pool! and location to the sea is 5 minutes walk!

Date of stay: September 2016
1  Thank E_Volkova
Reviewed 12 September 2016

My partner and I had the week end away in Rugen, the reviews i read here for the Cliff Hotel were very mixed,although we decided to book anyways and upon arrival we were very pleasantly surprised.
We were greeted by very friendly front of house staff, The hotel is very well located and very well presented.
There are several very nice reception areas, a bar with live music and breakfast was served on a beautiful terrace.
Our room was very comfortable ,clean and with a nice sea View.

Date of stay: September 2016
1  Thank Englishguybln2015
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

The hotel is a refurbished property probably from the 70th or 80th. The style is a bit old fashioned and stuffy. The Hotel probably intends to present itself as a "Grand Hotel" which it is not. Some rooms are well furnished, others less. If you have a sea view junior suite the view is spectacular. Main advantage of this hotel: an elevator to the beach below and a beautiful rather isolated beach. Breakfast is ok, my dinner experience was less. But there many options in the two adjacent towns nearby.
Please note: if you book through the Internet you have to pay for your parking, if you book directly you don't. The service is ok,(nothing more). There is no English language menu and by the way no air condition.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 1travellerBrussels
Reviewed 29 July 2015

In general this hotel is nice, but a lot of "little" things are missing to make it a 5-star experience.

The hotel has a great location at the beach with a beach bar and service point.
It was great with a 25 m pool to swim laps.
The view from breakfast / upper restaurant was fabulous, and the breakfast was good.

I had a single room (1213) on the second floor with a view to what looked like a back yard (animation staff parked their car there). There a high trees, so I guess only a limited number of rooms will have sea view. In the single room the bed consist of two narrow beds - why?
House keeping was not able to get the sand of the floor. One might think that they would be used to sand being a beach hotel.
The bathrobe was missing in my room, and after I asked for one it took about 30 hours before it came to my room. They were not able to provide one i the spa/pool area.

The spa manager should visit try his/her own saunas once - and look for missing tiles, broken handles etc.

I had dinner in the lower Mediterranean style restaurant, where I had to wait 1,5h for them to make me a steak! So I went somewhere else the other day.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Antzbo
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel over a long holiday weekend in June. Upon checking in, we found our room quite spacious. The decor was a bit outdated and could use some updating, but it was comfortable and quiet. The hotel had only provided towels and a robe for only one guest, but that problem was solved quickly by calling the front desk.

We really enjoyed the included breakfast buffet on the terrace overlooking the sea each morning. It was quite an array of meats, cheeses, hot items, vegetables, and breads that we looked forward to every day. With such a big breakfast, we didn't need to find lunch any place all weekend. We rented beach chairs and bicycles from the hotel, which made our stay more enjoyable. On the bikes, we were able to explore the local beach towns of Baabe and Goehren very easily. Another highlight was a trip to the hotel's pool and spa area, which was quite nice. The heated pool was very welcome after a long day.

We would stay here again, because of the value. There are some things about this hotel that need updating, but all of the amenities are surely there, and the service was never lacking. On top of that, the location of the hotel among the cliffs and overlooking this lovely beach was absolutely perfect.

Tip: Try to get a room at least on the second floor, because most seemed to have balconies. Also, if air conditioning on a hot weekend is important to you, you may want to look elsewhere. I saw old fashioned wall heaters, but no climate control.

Room tip: Rooms that are above ground floor level usually have balconies. Didn't see any air conditioning in our hotel room, so beware of that. Great wifi at this hotel!
Date of stay: June 2014