All reviews half board sea view hotel is modern swimming area coastal walk three night stay breakfast was included main building rooms are large lovely location good size excellent hotel fantastic holiday restaurants and shops peaceful village clean linen recently stayed at hotel
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Before I start with the hotel I'd like to explain a few things about Brac and other islands in Croatia - as I have read some comments in other reviews. Please, do bring a car. No matter where you go on Brac, there is so much to explore elsewhere and you will need transportation and yes, public transport is bad. On the other hand this island has so much to offer, it would be a shame not to make use of the possibilities.
Okay, now for hotel Pastura. The place is located just perfectly on the harbour of Postira with virtually every room featuring a sea-view (don't know about the apartments though). on arrival I was upgraded to a junior suite (probably due to the fact that June is still off season) and the room was just perfect. Two big rooms, a nice bathroom and a balcony with views to both the harbour and the open sea. The staff was absolutely friendly and helpful, parking is ample and the pool area is kept in pristine condition. Unfortunately they charge the use of a sun-lounger with approximately 1 Euro a day.
The main critical points I have read about are a) the food and b) the supposed factory. Well, the factory I didn't smell as reported and I spent some sunny afternoons at the pool. For the food - the island offers plenty of great eateries with the best of the local cuisine - which is quite something if you love fish and seafood. The breakfast could be better but then, I have eaten much worse in lot's of hotels. Whenever something was out or didn't look to my taste I asked for a refreshment of the stuff and I got it in no time.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Indichur
Reviewed 29 September 2009

We read the reviews here on Trip Advisor before booking to stay at the Hotel Pastura in Postira, and were very happy with our choice. We'd booked a double room with sea view balcony via Holiday Options on the internet; but were upgraded on arrival to an apartment overlooking the harbour and the sea beyond - it was lovely! You couldn't use this purely for self catering though, as there was a microwave, 2 hobs and a fridge - but very basic. Fine for us though as we'd booked B&B anyway, and it was a bonus to be able to chill beer & wine and a few other bits for us to enjoy on the balcony!
The staff couldn't do enough to help & advise for what to see and do, etc. They were very friendly and approachable.
There is a pool - and loungers that you pay 10 kuna per day to have the pleasure of using - the pool's not very kiddie friendly as no shallow end as such and it's quite small; but it was perfect for us to do lengths, etc. Not overly warm though - be brave and jump straight in!
My husband & I are in our early 30's and we were hoping for a relaxing week away from all the hustle & bustle. We weren't looking for wild nightlife (and if you are, then this is DEFINITELY NOT the place for you!) - and in Postira there are just 3 restaurants (a Pizzeria + 2 little places that do a fairly basic menu) and a few bars. The locals are very friendly and most people speak English so no worries on that score.
It is easy to get across to the mainland; a bus takes just over 15 mins (& costs 20 kuna (approx £2.80) 1-way) to Supetar, and from there you get the ferry to Split (takes 1 hour & costs 30 kuna per adult, one-way). I'd advise doing this trip yourself rather than via organised tour, as you have more time to explore yourselves - and it's cheaper! Same goes for the island tour; Brac is the biggest island on Croatia and has several pretty villages/ towns to visit - one being Bol, which is charming. The organised trips are too rushed though - you're a bit like herded cattle - better to take the time to use the public transport (great bus service from Postira) and do off your own steam ..... in my humble opinion!
You can hire bikes from the hotel - we did this for a day, which was worth doing as you can explore a little further afield. 80 kuna for the day, per adult. Good suspension which is a must for the little bumpy tracks around the island - sports bras are useful here, ladies!
If you're looking for a relaxing week away in pretty, charming surroundings, this is a great place to visit.
Hope you enjoy it!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WotsitsSunnySuffolk
Reviewed 22 September 2009

My husband and I have just returned from a two week self-catering holiday in Croatia where we stayed in the self-catering apartments of this Hotel. The apartments are clean and reasonably well equiped although there was no kettle, toaster or oven so self-catering on a full scale basis is very limited. The fridge did not have a freezer compartment so making ice or freezing was out of the question. We had a few problems which we unfortunately had to nag to get sorted i.e. the shower flooded the floor when used, the safe did not work and could not be used and a change of bedding had to be requested twice before changing (we were there for 2 weeks). The staff, however, were friendly and the young lady at reception exceptionally efficient. The apartment was a bit disappointing in that we paid an additional amount for a sea view but this was obstructed by buildings to the front. We felt we had been mislead by the agent and given the impression that the apartment we booked was on the sea front, in fact they are behind the Hotel. Postira is a beautiful place and we would certainly return and have no hesitation in recommending the Hotel Apartments and the location for a holiday.

Eating out was reasonably cheap but we did have a bad experience at the Resturant at Dol. We specifically went there for the much acclaimed lamb but the lamb was definitely old/stale and not cooked on the day and was very tough. The owner told us they spit roasted one lamb every day, this was not the case when we went to his restuarant. We were dished up mostly bone with very little meat so at 100Kn a serving with extra for side dishes, felt that we had been somehwat ripped off as a tourist. Make sure you ask when they're cooking the lamb if you're going for that dish so it's fresh on the day. We didn't go back but perhaps the other meals were up to standard. It was just an unfortunate experience for us. The venue however was lovely. We found the food at the Hotels and eateries in Postira to be of a high quality and the service generally faultless.

We hired a car for one week and travelled the Island, some places are definitely worth the trip. Splitska is approx. 3 kms from Postira and is a lovely walk along the rocky coves. It really is a beautiful part of the Island and certainly the prettiest compared to the southern and western areas.

Transport links via ferry and bus are good and cheap. Taxi's expensive unless the taxi is filled to capacity. Scooters, quad bikes and bicycles can be hired from Supetar. Split is definitely worth a visit, the promenade is fabulous and the market is an experience not to be missed. Brilliant.

All in all a good holiday and a defninite return destination..

3  Thank HolidaymakerDurham
Reviewed 6 September 2009

We have recently stayed at hotel pastura and don't want to sell it too highly as it seems like such a hidden secret, but it really was lovely. The hotel itself was very clean, the staff were all really friendly and incredibly efficient! We went self catering, the room was good. If any negative point had to be made perhaps it would be the lack of view, but for the higher appartments and the actual hotel itself , they had wonderful views. The food in the hotel was really good and the restaurants in the village were all nice, the locals are friendly too. Those who say there was nothing to do perhaps didn't explore the island; we hired bikes and a car for a day and managed to see so many different places and some of the views are amazing. If you fancy staying near the village there are plenty of beautiful little coves with the clearest of waters. My partner and I are in our mid twenties and found plenty to do everyday, there was also a wide range of ages so I really do think anyone can go here, however if you're looking for clubs then maybe this village isn't for you.

As you can tell we had a lovely holiday, there is plenty to do and explore and the weather was perfect so I hope you enjoy it if you choose to go!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LauraBerkshire
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We've just returned from a week's stay at Hotel Pastura. We had an excellent time and the breakfast was great, as were the lunches. I would recommend paying for a seaview as it is only about £80 and worth it. The rooms are lovely and clean and modern. The views of the harbour are absolutely stunning. There is a pebble beach, and the water is clear and blue. We found the hotel staff and locals to be very friendly and easy going (this includes the chambermaids!). Postira is a quiet resort with only six bars and around four restaurants. Although, Hotel Pastura and Hotel Lipa are owned by the same people, so there menu is exactly the same. We would recommend visiting Toni’s restaurant in Dol, about 2k away; the food and service were excellent.

I'd also disagree with some other reviews that the Island of Brac (pronounced Brach) is expensive. We had a two-course meal with wine and water for only £42 (could not get that in a decent restaurant in the UK). Drinking out is also cheap around £1 for a local beer and about £2 for a G&T. Wine is slightly more expensive and it is normal to add water and ice cubes to your glass. Visit the grill restaurant at the start of the promenade for a great selection of grilled meats. You can get a bus directly from Postira to Bol. We realised this after we had travelled to Supetar and then Bol! Local buses are cheap and comfortable.

In all, we would definitely re-visit Brac and Croatia. A stunning country with beautiful landscapes.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple