The hotel is well organised with great food and service, including concepts for babies and parents. The other reviews speak for itself and it is definitely a place worth visiting. Befor arriving, our main concern was it's style as "kinderhotel" , we were affraid it would be loud and noisy. In fact, the kids were sort of spread around and you barely noticed them, giving you the roomy feeling and warranting a really relaxing stay with all the wishes sought after.
However a few points to mention:
- The price listed and the confrimation from booking.com was updated upwards by ca 10% by the hotel the day after our booking was finalised, with a remark that a baby-surfcharge is due (although we booked 2+1 via booking.com already),
- Our room was apparently upgraded, to larger but darker room without a notice or a comment, at check-out it was remarked that most likely "you have confused the rooms", with all the respect, you should not tell a guest that he has confused something (while I know I did not), a service oriented approach -> listen first.
- The birthday diner (in case you celebrate one) is an invitation to the other restaurant at the small lake, it was a nice gesture though we would preffer to stay at the regular restaruant as the menus are so much nicer there and you don't have to pay extra for the side dishes.
- the staff at the restaurants is totally nice and caring, though some of them to our taste on a bit-too-much side, with multiple "Hallooooo" and tickling of our baby per night. a once comment per night would definitly suffice
- such a shame that there is no kettle on a room and for a tee/baby hot water we had to go to the baby kittchen ultra-slow little "wasserkocher"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale holiday destination for a fantastic family holiday in the heart of the Tyrolean Alps in Achenkirch, Austria. Spend an exclusive and relaxing holiday in our family-run 4-star hotel. We are one of the leading hotels for children in Europe. Our 5-Smiley rating sets us apart as an upscale and particularly child-friendly hotel. The exciting and varied range of holiday facilities for babies, children, and teenagers will delight your loved ones - and that's a promise! The kids are kept busy, romping and playing all day, so there's plenty of time for the parents to relax and recuperate. Treat yourself to a break for two and spend relaxing moments in our extensive wellness oasis. Our sports and leisure facilities at the Sporthotel Achensee offer something for everyone. The magnificent nature of the Tyrolean Alps ensures relaxation and calmness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Familienparadies Sporthotel Achensee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Familienparadies Sporthotel Achensee Achenkirch