“Cheap & Cheerful”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dumaguete City
Coco Grande Hotel Dumaguete
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Dumaguete City
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Were forced to stay in Dumaguete overnight after ferry cancelled. Looked at a couple of places before settling here. Spacious ground floor room a bit rough round the edges but everything worked (shower, safe deposit, Sat t.v. towels, etc.) Clean hotel, friendly staff and a reasonable breakfast served promptly. For 1800 php it was good value. My spendthrift husband loved it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Taylortowers
There are newer reviews for Coco Grande Hotel Dumaguete

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed here while waiting for a flight early in the morning. I came in from Siquijor later in the afternoon. We were picked up and checked into the hotel with no issues. I was a bit hesitant after reading the reviews, so was happy to see that the rooms were definitely decent and clean. I stayed at Coco Grove, which I loved, but knew not to expect the same kind of room.

We took a cheap tricycle ride to a nearby mall. My kids found a game place to play Playstation and they were happy. We ate dinner at Shakey's and came back to the hotel. For the first time in the Philippines the driver told me to pay what I thought I should pay. As I knew what I paid to get from the same place, I paid him that but he didn't get a great tip from me. I don't like games.

I had a very early flight. I asked to get some toast to take with me and requested a wake up call. I woke up the next morning to a call that the van was ready to go to the airport and the couple that we were sharing it with was in the lobby. I jumped up, told the kids to come now. I've never not heard a wake-up call and I clearly heard the phone when it was time to leave so I have to assume that I didn't get one. I was going to jump in the shower but then I discovered that there were no towels in the room. Not 1. There must have been some oversight because the other couple told me they did have towels. So, I was a bit flustered and did not shower before leaving because I didn't have time to wait for a towel.

I had also asked for the front desk to print a copy of my boarding pass for me. I was told to email it to the front desk and they would have it ready. When I asked for it in the morning, it wasn't there. I also didn't have time to ask about getting toast and it wasn't ready for me, either.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but I'd make sure there were towels in the room and I would rely on my own alarm.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank msafrica
Reviewed 11 January 2014

large king size bed,big flat screen TV,clean room,nice large CR,1,800 peso nite,,nice friendly staff,
i stay here 5 times every month when in dumaguete city on business,,come here feel at home and enjoy your sleep

Room Tip: pay 50 peso for blanket cold aircon at night
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James N
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We spent a night there before taking the ferry to Cebu.
The hotel is clean with hot water, and quiet. Ask for a room at the back, so you won't be bothered by the noise from the main road. And try the restaurant Casablanca in the Main Street for the great tomato soup if you have time!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julievhl
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Coco Grande is really for business travelers. Quite more expensive that the average Dumaguete Hotel, it features an almost Mexican-villa like interior. BUT they do not have a pool or lush greenery. But what they lack in amenities, they make up for comfort and convenience in travel. They have a resort in Siquijor and Apo Island, and they have a restaurant in Dumaguete, so they can pretty much arrange your trip. They could've improved on their customer service though. I mean, it's not poor, but for an expensive hotel, I expected more.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple