“Happiness, Health and Hospitality in Haridwar”

Ambrosia Sarovar Portico Hotel
Ranked #7 of 93 Hotels in Haridwar
Reviewed 14 November 2011

This will have been my second stay at The Sarovar Portico Hotel in Haridwar and what a pleasent ending to a very long business trip taking me throughout Asia, The calming abience, the Ora and the genuine aim to please their visitors bodes well with this frequent traveller.
Local to many adventures and religious sites including the Ganga. A waterpark next door for the children should you have some, not that you notice the park much. other than the few shrieks of pleasure some might be having.

The comforts of this hotel have me relaxed and refreshed in no time, the staff are ever present to help you with all of your needs, rooms are more the adequate even when staying for more than a short trip, I will have been here for 8 days this time and the staff are treating me like family, in a nice way.
The food is amazing, and your often have the executive chef popping out and mingling with diners to be sure they are pleased with the culinary delights... Being somewhat of a sensative brit, I have managed most everything the chef has to offer and enjoyed every morsal. The food is as good in the buffet as it is off the menu, staff eagerly check foods are fresh and in abundance... nothing is ever too much trouble.

So if you local, or planning a visit stay a while... enjoy the comforts and hospitality this fine hotel has to offer.... venture into the Spa for that little extra relaxation... take your time....

My commpliments to the staff and the management on making my stay so enjoyable..
I will of course, be back soon.... and look forward to it.

Andy UK... on business.... not that it feels like business sometimes.... :) more a pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy L
Ambrosiasarovar, General Manager at Ambrosia Sarovar Portico Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Dear Mr. Andy,

Greetings from “Ambrosia Sarovar Portico – Haridwar”

At the outset, we would like to thank you for having patronized our hotel “Ambrosia Sarovar Portico” for your stay experience.

It is your patronage that encourages us to enhance our performance. I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed your dining experience and Aura (SPA) services at our hotel.

Reviewed 10 November 2011

We had a dinner party for our guests at Sarovar. Very pleased with their services and staff. Behavior is quite professional and they managed with our last minute requests and requirements in an orderly fashion.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Ambrosiasarovar, General Manager at Ambrosia Sarovar Portico Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Greetings from “Ambrosia Sarovar Portico – Haridwar”

I was delighted to read that you overall enjoyed your dining experience with our prompt service and delicious food.

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team here at the hotel.

We are extremely gratified to be at your service and making your dining experience a memorable one. We shall look forward for similar moments in the near future. It is your patronage that encourages us to enhance our performance.

[--]

Reviewed 8 November 2011

The rooms were very comfortable and the staff throughout the hotel were fantastic (helpful and friendly). The highlight of my stay was the superb chef Amardeep (at restaurant Clove), not only was he very friendly his culinary skills were exceptional and food was tailored to our order (I would recommend his pasta). We were not due another night at this hotel, but we managed to cancel a nights stay in another hotel and came back here to enjoy the spa and food once more. I would without a doubt stay here again! Very happy customer!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Greetings from “Ambrosia Sarovar Portico – Haridwar”

We are extremely gratified to be at your service and making your stay experience a memorable one. We shall look forward for similar moments in the near future. It is your patronage that encourages us to enhance our performance. I was delighted to read that you have overall enjoyed your dining experience and our Aura (SPA) services.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

After reading a few reviews in Tripadvisor, I booked two rooms in Ambrosia Sarovar Portico Hotel in Haridwar. I, with my wife and my sister's family had gone to Haridwar on 3-11-11 to complete the religious rituals for the ancestors in both the families. This was our first trip to this part of India and we went to Haridwar by car from Delhi. The reception at the Hotel was very warm and helpful. We reached the Hotel at 11 am but they arranged one room for us so that we can freshen up before we left for the ghat (Ganges). The room was good, clean and was 4 star. We returned at around 8 pm for dinner. After doing the pooja, we were told to abstain from non-veg for six months and I was wondering how the vegetarian food at the hotel will be. Normally I like to have non-veg when I stay in hotels. But to my pleasant surprise almost all the vegetarian dish I tried were really very good. My family members (from Tamilnadu) also liked the food. We left on 4th Nov after having breakfast for sight seeing. The stay though short was good and I will recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Ambrosiasarovar, General Manager at Ambrosia Sarovar Portico Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Warm Regards
For Ambrosia Sarovar Portico – Haridwar NH58

Reviewed 4 November 2011

The hotel is comparatively a new hotel and was well maintained. The location of the hotel however is a little far away from the main attraction - Har Ki Pauri. Its about 30 mins drive from the ganga aarti area. So that the sad part.
However rest everything is great about this hotel. Rooms are great, food is awesome and service is very alert. I was very happy. with the over all stay. Also as far as i know this is the only hotel which also serves non-veg food, whereas all hotels in Haridwar are veg hotels.
Also has a spa and a decent bar.
If traveling is not an issue, i recommend this hotel. also note this is near the Ram Dev baba ashram. Some Patanjali institute. Also one water park next door, which is visible from the hotel.

Room Tip: No great view, so can chose any room.