I wasn't sure what to expect but arriving at the hotel I knew it was going to be an amazing holiday. We were made welcome by all the staff and shown to our room and the all inclusive package started on our arrival with a well needed lunch.
We were in a beach front room with plenty of space - there were chairs and a small table along with a dresser with a tv, and in the hallway the wardrobe and another bench. We also had a verandah with seats/benches. The bathroom was a long thin room with clothes lines to dry costumes on, a big shower and a large sink areas
There are plenty of sunloungers either around the pool or on the beach (within the hotel grounds). Towels are available from near the pool - just return for a clean one daily, or when you want.
Meals are buffet style - breakfast is served up near the reception area, lunch in the pool bar and evening meals are around the pool. There is a large selection of food, and the evening meals are usually themed. Ther is also a bar area up towards the reception area, where they also show films.
Wifi - this is available for free at the pool bar and the bar near reception - but it is very slow. You can buy wifi which you can use in your room but it is worth noting that only one device can be used on it (we could not swap between devices by logging off - it would only allow one device)
The evening entertainment was good - local singers and some amazing acrobats
I went for the diving as I was just finishing my Open Water PADI - I took a refresher course in the hotel pool and then dived for 4 days (2 dives per day) and had the most amazing time and experience
We also booked a trip to the capital Stone Town through the hotel - we had a mini bus to ourselves with a driver and a guide and when we arrived in the capital they took us round all the sights, into museums and hotels and the local market - I would definitely recommend this trip.
Overall an amazing place that I would definitely return to
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Zanzibar’s picturesque North East coast overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean, it is as the name suggests a little piece of paradise. From your arrival at Zanzibar Airport, the resort is a meandering 45 minute journey through un-spoilt scenery, passing typical African villages where the way of life has changed little for hundreds of years. At Ocean Paradise Resort Zanzibar, you will be greeted by a blaze of colour as you sweep down the imposing driveway, saluted by a Masai warrior as you pass through the entrance gate and be captivated as you arrive in reception and look out over the resort and the azure blue sea. Mature coconut palms swinging in the breeze, white sandy beach, beautiful landscaped gardens, traditional style round chalets with pitched makuti roof, a stunning waterfall feature and the largest swimming pool in Zanzibar are just some of the sights that await you. A big smile and the greeting of "Jambo" will be the first words you hear, as you begin to feel the warmth that the people of Zanzibar are famed for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Paradise Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Paradise Hotel Kiwengwa
- Ocean Paradise Resort Zanzibar
- Ocean Paradise Zanzibar
- Ocean Paradise Resort & Spa Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa