We spent a ten days relaxing in this superb location beside the Indian Ocean.
After the drive from the airport through Zanzibar City and the rural villages we were apprehensive about the hotel that we had booked. Life in rural Zanzibar appears hectic and very basic. However on arrival at Ocean Paradise Resort we were greeted with a complete contrast with life that exists outside the hotel gates. The reception area is stunning - with fantastic views over the resort - an oasis of calmness
We stayed in one of the round houses and found the room to be spacious are more than adequate for our stay. The accommodation was serviced twice daily by the housekeeping team.
We booked through Virgin so we received complimentary wifi and also a couples massage. Wifi was invariably stable and relatively fast for a hotel connection. The massage in the Spa area was one of the few negatives that we took from our stay at the resort. The Spa area itself was fitted out to a high standard, but we felt the prices were high which left the area relatively under used and I felt that the Spa staff had little drive in selling the services of the spa. This was in contrast to the rest of the resort - The level of service from the staff was the high point of our stay. This included the attentiveness of the General Manager and Food & Beverage Manager who were available throughout the day to ensure that standards remained high and were always on hand to attend to any needs that their guests might have. But the key to this resorts success is the happy friendly staff who just made is feel so welcome, from Davis at the beach (who ensured that a supply of drinks was maintained to the sunbeds) to young Festo (trainee animator/ bar staff) who always greeted is with a huge smile and a big Jambo! But it was not just the service from the team that was good - the meal times were enjoyable for the quality of food not just the great service that we received from the team.
We loved the peace and quiet that we could find in the resort, and we also loved being tormented on a night by a group of large eyed and noisy Bush Babies that lived in the trees outside our room - it was great fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Zanzibar’s picturesque North East coast overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean, it is as the name suggests a little piece of paradise. From your arrival at Zanzibar Airport, the resort is a meandering 45 minute journey through un-spoilt scenery, passing typical African villages where the way of life has changed little for hundreds of years. At Ocean Paradise Resort Zanzibar, you will be greeted by a blaze of colour as you sweep down the imposing driveway, saluted by a Masai warrior as you pass through the entrance gate and be captivated as you arrive in reception and look out over the resort and the azure blue sea. Mature coconut palms swinging in the breeze, white sandy beach, beautiful landscaped gardens, traditional style round chalets with pitched makuti roof, a stunning waterfall feature and the largest swimming pool in Zanzibar are just some of the sights that await you. A big smile and the greeting of "Jambo" will be the first words you hear, as you begin to feel the warmth that the people of Zanzibar are famed for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Paradise Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Paradise Hotel Kiwengwa
- Ocean Paradise Resort Zanzibar
- Ocean Paradise Zanzibar
- Ocean Paradise Resort & Spa Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa