“Possibly THE best stay (and we travel a whole lot)”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Spanish first
Any
BadFiggle
“Possibly THE best stay (and we travel a whole lot)”
Reviewed 24 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018
people found this review helpful

My better half & I gave up our regular long haul over Christmas & New Year in order to wait a little longer and do something extra special for our tenth wedding anniversary (which coincided with our anniversary of being together for 24 years).

We’re lucky enough to have a very good friend with origins from Tanzania. He had mentioned that he had a dream to safari on mainland for a week and do it really high end then relax for a week on Zanzibar. He hadn’t finished telling us before we said that we would love to join in if it was an option (if not, we’d have gone anyway to torment him but that wasn’t necessary).

Six of us set off, did the most amazing week, at x2 different locations; Engorongoro Crater & Serengeti - reviews for both to follow shortly).

Our flight from our private airstrip from Serengeti to Zanzibar was really exciting but could not prepare us for the week ahead. Flying in was similar to flying in to the Ari Atol part of the Maldives - sandy islands with reef surrounding them & a crammed population of palm trees, offering seclusion & the prospect of some pretty cool snorkelling & scuba diving.

We were collected by our driver (all part of the service being offered by our hosts). He took the pain of the hectic chaos of the unfamiliar airport out of our hands and we were on our way. We passed some very real, small villages on the way only to take a left, down the private drive to the imposing, but beautiful, gates into what can only be described as pure relaxation and pamper.

We stayed in the larger villa, Casa Blanca, because, as I mentioned, there was six in our party. Each of the three couples were more than impressed with our huge double bedrooms, with a bathroom each, all with very high spec furniture & textiles.

Before I go any further, I should probably explain that we are all experienced travelers and have been known to have very high standards - this place did not disappoint any of us.

After walking through one of the most beautiful doors (that we christened The Doorway To Narnia because every time we walked through it , we had another adventure) the huge, airy hallway gave enough space to ensure that we didn’t feel on top of each other.

Each of the three bathrooms was heavy on the quality travertine with all towels and toiletries provided.

At the end of the impressive entrance hall and through the double doors that afforded everybody privacy when needed, came a more than ample living room with every extra needed to ensure all of our creature comforts were available and more on top.

A large dining area formed part of the open plan kitchen with every labour saving devise there to use - if you wanted to that is.

This leads me to explain my previous sentence - you have very little need to do anything yourself because you have the most accommodating staff that anybody could want; nothing is too much trouble for the most impressive and slick team.

The place was kept spotless, the table was laid whenever needed, reservations and advise was always to hand & to have the convenience of a driver on call 24/7, what else do you want? Only a beautifully kept garden with an infinity pool that is off the chart would have made it perfect - and it has! At this point I ran out of boxes to tick.

All of the staff are polite and very efficient, without being intrusive (the difference between naturally great service and trying too hard, in my opinion).

Michael arranged everything that six high maintenance guys could want or need.

Chef was amazing and the food was certainly restaurant quality (as an ex restauranteur, I am never easy to please) & I was never disappointed.

Can’t recommend this place any more if I had another week spare to type this.

Do it. You will not be disappointed. If you are, I will refund you. How’s that?

Nathan H
London, United Kingdom
“Home in Paradise!”
Reviewed 27 February 2018 for a stay in December 2017

I stayed at Kidoti Villas over New Year this year, and had an amazing time thanks to the wonderful staff.

The villas are located in a secluded part of Zanzibar island, with an amazing inifinity pool with spectacular views of the sea and islands. This was my first time staying in a villa as opposed to a hotel, and I think it's my new favourite time of holiday!

A home away from home, we can lots of group meals (grilled seafood and curries were my favourites) together made and served by the great team (Bakari, Jamal, Michael, and not forgetting Presca the cleaner!). Also loved the touch of a fully stocked DVD shelf for the evenings, fridge, and cooking equipment.

It was also great to have the option of transfers to the sister Z Hotel on Nungwi beach, also great and lots of choices for restaurants and bars (we loved Rooftops bar in the hotel for cocktails!).

Overall, a great and unique place to stay. Amazing staff, food, facilities. See you again soon.

Your age range 25-34
Pinsy
London
“A perfect paradise getaway”
Reviewed 20 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

I stayed at the Casa Blanca Villa in January. I wish I was still there now!
Situated around 1 hour from the airport, the villa sits in beautiful gardens and grounds and looks out over the water towards Tumbatu Island.
I felt instantly relaxed and at home there. The staff were helpful, friendly and attentive. Always smiling, with just the right balance of being there when you needed them.
The villa is spotlessly clean and stylishly decorated - there are some really lovely pieces of art scattered around, which adds to the uniqueness of this place. It is kitted out with all the mod cons and even has UK plug sockets... which was an added bonus as I'd forgotten to pack a travel adapter!
Daytimes were spent on loungers in the garden or in one of the giant hammocks. A dip in the infinity pool, which sits between the Casa Blanca and Casa Amarillo (the second of the Kidoti Villas on the site), would refresh us from Zanzibar sun. Oh, and there are tortoises in the gardens too!
Evenings at the Villa were us sat around the large outdoor table - there's a great chef on site. Or we would take a cab up into Nungwi for a sun downer cocktail on the roof terrace at the Z. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in Nungwi which is less than 15mins from the villa. And Stone Town is a must for a day trip too. We hired a catamaran to go snorkelling one day - The Z Hotel staff were super helpful and sorted it all out for us.
Would I go back here? You betcha. And I will recommend it to everyone I know too.

Your age range 35-49
arnoldwac...
Nairobi, Kenya
“Spectacular!!!💗”
Reviewed 21 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The villas are so beautiful,awesome interior and decor,the view from the frontyard is MAGICAL!
Friendly and reliable staff,great food and best services Ever!
I'd stay nowhere else other than Kidoti Villas while in Zanzibar

Njenkins0...
“Paradise!”
Reviewed 4 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

For anyone looking for family-friendly accommodation in Zanzibar I can highly recommend the Kidoti Villas in Nungwi.

We've just returned from 5 nights, staying at one of the two villas. The villas are amazing - beautifully designed and decorated, and with separate bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, 3 bathrooms, comfortable living room they are perfect for families. The two villas share access to an infinity pool. The property comes with pet turtles, who our girls loved seeing each day.

You have access to facilities at the nearby Z Hotel (managed by the some company as the villas).

The team looking after us were amazing - very friendly, professional and caring. A chef prepares all meals on-site (breakfast is included in the rate, lunch and dinner optional and reasonably priced). We were sad to say goodbye to them.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing