In order to escape all the buzz and hectic at home, work and study, and to have quality time with my love, we needed a 'power' holiday (short stay). Since this was our first time to visit Africa, we didn't know what to expect from both the island and the resort. Looking back at our short stay, we can say that the Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort (RZBR) delivered all the quality and ambiance for a perfect holiday. One thing we know is that we will go back in the future.
The first thing we noticed was that the reception is open and there are no walls which are blocking your view. To see the sunset form here is a beautiful experience.
The room was large and comfortable. We checked in at night, so after great shower we slept very well. We didn't have any trouble with "hard or soft bed", air-co not working, cold or warm water. Everthing worked just fine. The resort has so much to offer that we didn't turn on the television. To charge your equipment there are European sockets available, which is very convenient.
There is food and drinks available during the whole day. The quality of the food is very good, and kitchen staff puts a lot of effort in the presentation of the food. The resort offers, besides Italian food (since many tourists are from Italy), Zanzibar food as well, such as curry chicken, basmati rice, chapati and so on. To have a very good cocktail, such as Dhawa or Royal Zanzibar, go to mister Baracka at the Coco bar.
Since the majority of the tourists is Italian, and they don't speak English very well, the animation team is focused on them. But I'm sure that everyone is welcome to join them. We could enjoy our self very much.
The resort has a beautiful lounge area with free wifi; you can relax here and check your e-mail.
Personally we think that RZBR is more than a resort for a perfect holiday. Since there are job and market opportunities for the local people, there is a sustainable symbiosis between the resort, local people and market. This can be regarded as a positive chain reaction, which gives the locals a future.
We want to thank the RZBR staff for a perfect and comfortable holiday. Special thanks to the chef executive, Gen. Manager and Manager F&B, mr. Baracka, mr. Hamza, mr.Robert,
mr. Omari and the beach dinner team.
Since this is our experience, we can highly recommend the resort to future travellers.
All we can say about the RZBR: IT'S AMAZING!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular view of the Indian Ocean from almost anywhere on the resort makes this all-inclusive property a wonderful choice for those guests looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Fantastic swimming pools, a beautiful beach with clear, turquoise waters and amazing sunsets all add to the ambiance! The rooms are large, approximately 80 square metres for Superior Rooms and 100 square metres for Suites. A spacious bathroom with a large bathtub, separate shower and double sinks provide luxurious comfort. All rooms include a quiet split-unit air conditioner, TV, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, a safe and a terrace from which to enjoy the view. The warm, friendly staff invite you to enjoy meals in the buffet restaurant with a varied selection of local and international dishes or a traditional pizza oven near the beach offers a quick snack while you relax by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Hotelopia so you can book your Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Seaclub Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Nungwi