USD 122
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 152/night.

USD 697
Agoda.com
USD 195
Travelocity
1,246 results
All reviewsrooftop barreading roomsaruche restaurantinfinity poolour honeymooncinnamon restaurantboutique hotellobster dinnerstone townnungwi beachbeautiful beachwatching the sunsetocean frontsea viewtour operatorindian oceanthe general manager
Reviewed 31 July 2017

This is one of the few hotels that has an area on the beach with sunbeds on one of the best beaches in the world and we felt safe having morning and evening strolls to collect shells and swim
Food was excellent and plenty of choice Our room was a basic garden view one with glimpses of the sea and pool all had large veranda's but west facing got little sun so there's no point in paying a lot more for beach side rooms as you cant use the terrace if you want the sun
Very friendly staff
there was never any problem from the beach sellers who were always keen to chat but not forceful in selling there wares
The only downside was the sunbeds around the pool were not adjustable and were set in an uncomfortable angle
Make sure you reserve a sunbed early in the morning as they soon go by people putting things on them to reserve them
Bar service is a bit slow but cocktails are good value especially cocktail hour four for 12 dollars
There's a nice chill out room upstairs with computers but no library which was a shame
One annoying thing is you have to keep logging into the network each day as it doesn't remember your passwords
we had a great stay to celebrate our wedding anniversary

Room Tip: wouldnt choose a ground floor room as near to the pool and although theres garden between people walk close by
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Spent four nights at the Z Hotel (July 9-12) after a safari on the mainland, and we found it to be as relaxing and professionally run as we had hoped, though there were some signs that the resort identity that Zanzibar is trying to cultivate is still in its infancy. The room was extremely clean and the air conditioner worked so well that we often had to turn it off to keep from freezing. The view from the balcony was just as advertised -- the picturesque blue Indian Ocean and the white sand beaches. The rooftop bar was so tranquil and they use mineral water to make their ice so we kept the mojitos, tequila sunrises, etc. coming. Their flagship restaurant, Saruche, offered elegant dinners on a deck just feet from the water or literally on the beach.
We had dinner there twice and found everything superbly cooked. Their other restaurant, Cinnamon, had similarly well-prepared dishes for the one lunch we had there. A big bonus we found out was that a walkway linked the Z to several other resorts, allowing us very easy access to at least 10 other stand-out restaurants. Zanzibar is still a developing area outside of the actual resorts. On two of the four nights power blinked out before backup generators kicked in and the roads through Nungwi had potholes that were more like craters that had to be navigated. But those were the most minor of inconveniences and we would come back to the Z again, no question about that.

2  Thank John B
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Coming from Arusha/Mt. Kilimanjaro to have some R&R at the end of our stay in Tanzania, we also had our daughter along and needed a two bedroom accommodation - seemed difficult to find on Zanzibar, but then we saw the Kidoti Villa section of the Z Hotel website and inquired. Nicea (sp?) is the manager for Kidoti at Z Hotel and went beyond the call to ensure everything about our stay was wonderful. Truly luxurious villa (Casa Blanca) beautifully decorated with great art and design, overlooking the ocean and an infinity pool adjacent to an ocean view patio and yard, very private, gate guarded and included our own butlers (Michael and Jamal), chef and staff who cleaned (thanks Presca, for your beautiful flower arrangements!), brought our delicious meals to our patio each day and arranged daily exursions for us to wherever we wanted to go, and then ferried us to and from the Z Hotel for beach, pool and restaurant! We spent one afternoon and early evening in Stone Town as well, and Kidoti arranged the round trip transport (thanks Farid!) who even helped us find the right guide in Stone Town who didn't charge too much! Highly recommend the Villas as a private, luxurious and secure alternative in the Nungwe area. Also rate the restaurant at the Z Hotel and rooftop bar as excellent (we visited both twice during our stay!).

Room Tip: The Villas are 15 min away from the Z Hotel, but free transfers are provided back and forth.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jpgal2017
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Had a lovely dinner here with my friend the prawn cocktail was amazing!!!! Definitely if you are staying at one of the other hotels visit this one for a meal. Wouldn't really recommend it for kids. Very romantic setting for dinner on the beach. Perfect weather the time we went

Reviewed 15 July 2017

After climbing Kilimanjaro, relaxing on the gorgeous Indian Ocean certainly was blissful...

I arranged an airport pick-up with hotel (USD$50) which took approximately 1.5hr, however on my return I sourced a brilliant local driver who dropped me off for only USD$35, he even included a walking tour of Stone Town at this price..! See my write up on him in Zanzibar forums if you require his personal contact details, I can highly recommend from a single female traveler perspective.

I opted to treat myself to an Ocean View Room, I wasn't disappointed with my decision...I found the room to be immaculately clean, room service was very attentive - first night I ordered room service and they inadvertently wrote down the wrong number and consequently there was a two hour delay, they rectified this as soon as I made them aware and discounted my meal accordingly.

The first night there was a party next door, the bass was horrific...it continued from 10pm until after 3am...I soon wondered what I had got myself in for, as I had read in previous reviews about the night-life in this area of Zanzibar. Much to my and other patrons relief, the loud music didn't continue for the rest of my stay *phew When I checked out it was reassuring to learn that management had approached them regarding this...I can fully appreciate it being a difficult balance of dealing with noise control yet trying to keep their patrons happy at the same time...

The food, service in the pool area was OUTSTANDING...! The guys that worked in the pool bar area were exceptionally attentive, friendly, this was certainly appreciated.

There was a great array of foods / drinks for breakfast with a fantastic view to boot.

Free wifi throughout the hotel, including on the beach loungers...some said that it didn't work in their rooms, but I found it worked (in certain places) in room #39.

I went to book a dolphin swim with the hotel however they advised it would cost USD$130, I found an alternate local provider who only charged USD$50 - this included a 6am hotel pick-up, breakfast fruit on-the-go, drive to Kizimkazi, boat ride to dolphins (complimentary fins, snorkel and mask) then he drove to the renown The Rock Restaurant in Pingwe then drop-off back at hotel.

I treated myself to hotels in-house spa service...the ladies were so lovely, I booked in for a head / neck / shoulder massage - one of the best I've received in a very long time...!

There was a little supermarket (dairy) next door to the hotel, they stocked your usual - water, fizzy drinks, alcohol, biscuits, crisps, sunblock etc

Yes there were beach boys present, however the hotel provided very good security and in return the beach boys were quite respectful of the hotel area...I found when I gave them a friendly no I wasn't interested in what they were selling they let me be.

I also found it safe enough to leave my room key, mobile etc on the beach lounger...however this is entirely up to your own discretion.

Overall I would happily return to this lovely paradise...the Indian Ocean and her crystal blue waters and soft white sand is simply idyllic...

Room Tip: I stayed in room #39 great view if you don't mind stair climbing :-)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo