“Wonderful Experience!”
Review of Cottage Point Inn

Cottage Point Inn
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cottage Point Inn began its life as a boat house, general store and post office for the river community. Over the last two decades, the Inn has been transformed from a pleasant bistro in a stunning setting to its current fine dining form focused on showcasing the best Australian produce. Autumn 2017 sees Kevin Solomon take the helm as Head Chef. "I see Cottage point inn as a truly magnificent spot in Australia to showcase the beauty of nature through food " Kevin Solomon
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We were lucky enough to be treated by our friends to the seven-course degustation menu with matching wines as a double big birthday present and enjoyed the experience enormously!
Great location by the water, although anyone of restricted mobility would find in difficult to get up and down from the car park.
Yes, the whole experience took four hours over lunch, but we were enjoying ourselves and the time just flew by!
I have been reading the negative reviews of other diners with surprise - the manager and his staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. We were lucky enough to talk with Kevin Solomon, the chef, at the end of our meal and he was charming. He admitted that his cuisine was on a journey from a dinner to a lunch focus, which may explain some of the comments in the recent past.
Many thanks to our very generous friends for taking us there, and the staff and chef for all they did for us!

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

On Thursday 28th December I was married at this beautiful restaurant. The owners and staff were so helpful and went above and beyond to make my special day amazing. I arrived by Seaplane (Sydney by seaplane, a local family owned business) to find everything done, it looked so beautiful. They allowed my ceremony to take place on their waterfront deck overlooking the magnificent Cowan creek (hawkesbury) it was all I dreamed it would be. They looked after my guests before they even opened, making sure everyone had a Champaign or drink of choice. Following the ceremony we were given full attention and care. The service was impeccable. The food is just superb. Each dish is a work of art and best of all tasted even better than it looked if that's possible. We never had to ask for a drink as our glasses were topped up whenever it was seen to be needed. As a bonus we were given complimentary tasting plates which was lovely.
Myself and my new husband cannot express just how happy we were to have had our wedding here. I highly recommend cottage point inn for any occasion .. even if just a quick lunch, you must try this place.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

When you have an opportunity to locate on the waterfront, you have an excellent start! This was a 'good', not 'great' experience, with overpricing the outstanding feature.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We flew in a sep,and from Sydney to Cottage Point
Steve our pilot gave us a wonderful scenic route both ways incorporating the river , nation, park and on our return double fly ove4 Sydney Bridge and the Opera House

On landing at the restaurant we were welcomed to our table by the owner
The excellent sommelier helped to choose our wine once we had ordered our food.
My wife and I shared Oysters and Smoked fish both of which were exceptional and out of the ordinary
Goats cheese in a special sauce
Pork cheek
We followed with Wagyu beef
Deserts not quite up to the same standard

Reviewed 30 December 2017

The most lovely place for lunch. We left Rose Bay in a sea plane, out of Sydney Harbour and along the coast and then in land. Landing on the river was fun and cottage point came in to view, what a fantastic setting.

Everything was presented in a way that is different and such wonderful tastes, sitting in such a lovely place with the stunning view of the river was a dream. The service perfect, time fly's so fast when one is enjoying ones self. We cannot wait to go again.

Going back onto the sea plane and returning gives the most wonderful view of the setting - I understand that the area is a national park, it was all a great treat.

3  Thank Nicholas W