All reviewssurrounded by mountainsfriendly hostsrandallyurtotagopropertyviewstownlake
Reviewed 30 March 2018

What a beautiful and peaceful setting, wonderful hosts, interesting and varied activities, fantastic food and the wonderful people I met there. Went for the Yin retreat and from the moment I arrived till leaving four days later, was treated like a member of the family, with much consideration.
The Yin was well delivered leaving me feeling deeply relaxed and rested. The activities including hiking and sailing were well organized and complimented the philosophy of the retreat. A genuinely well thought out and delivered itinerary. Can't speak highly enough of Mountain Spirit and am already planning ways I can return!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We wish we could have stayed longer at Mountain Spirit! Randall & Amanda's yurt is beautiful. It is in the most wonderful off-grid setting, so well set-up that in fact that you would never know it is off-grid. We were treated to delicious freshly made bread in the morning, and a great yin yoga class with Amanda. The whole experience was delightful and we hope to return again next year! THANK YOU Mountain Spirit!

Room Tip: All room options were great!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I know I'll have difficulty adequately describing my experience at the recent Yin Yoga Retreat but I'll do my best.
From the moment I arrived, until the moment I left 4 days later, I felt welcomed & received with open hearts by the wonderful hosts, Randy & Amanda and their gorgeous son, Dexter.
The first evening, Randy & Amanda welcomed us and shared that the retreat was a place to connect with self, connect with others and connect with the land. Well...I got all 3, in abundance.
What a wonderful space & place to relax and do yin yoga for 4 days. Beautiful surroundings, beautiful people, beautiful food, amazing yin yoga classes, walks up the mountain, sailing, Kirtan and most of all, peace & stillness to calm my nervous system.
I especially loved 2 yin yoga classes daily in which I could deeply relax & connect with my body.
I cannot recommend this retreat and hosts highly enough.
Easily a 5 out of 5!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with Amanda and Randall, one week was not long enough! There is no better way to wake up than with the warm sun shining over the mountains and a daily loaf of fresh homemade bread (still warm!) and delicious apricot jam...what a treat! The accommodation and facilities are spotless and have a homely and welcoming feel. The hosts are super friendly and informative about the surrounding area, we highly recommend booking a sailing trip with Randall on Lake Wanaka. He is an excellent skipper and taught us so much during our afternoon sailing; a highlight of our time spent in New Zealand. Also, Amanda is a fantastic Ying Yoga teacher; so professional and she practices in a awesome space, either the Yurt or the Tipi. What more could you ask for, we feel thoroughly rejuvenated! This land is good for the soul! Thank you!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Oh, we loved this place and our hosts so much. The location ist a paradise for itself but it gets even better with this great hospitality Amanda, Randall and Dexter gave to us. The morning started not only with sunshine but with fresh baked yummy bread and homemade apricot marmelade. We could enjoy Randall playing the piano, the kids loved the trampoline and to pick some delicious apricots right from the trees. Dexter, the 6 year old son, took us on a walk and we had surprisingly Amanda as a babysitter so we could hike up the surrounding hills in the evening. Check out Lake Hawea and the Sailz Restaurant for lunch or dinner. But after all don't forget to just calm down and relax. There is nothing more to be done. We hope to come back some day. This stay has really touched our hearts and souls

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family