1,071 results
All reviews hot pools oak ridge standard room great resort studio apartment full kitchen washing machine and dryer main town views of the mountains short drive ski fields self contained laundry facilities great facilities tubs mercure lap
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is a nice hotel just outside the main Wanaka town. The room was small but had all we needed including a comfortable bed and a balcony. The hotel is modern but some bits of it seem a little flimsy so we are not sure how it will last over time as there was already a little bit of wear. However, the room was fine with its own entrance and staircase. We has a lovely swim in the pool and an excellent drink and dinner in the bar. You will need to drive to go into Wanaka which is a lovely place to visit.

Room tip: Take you swimming costume though the pool is cold!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We stayed at the Oakridge Resort for 5 nights and were very happy with the apartment and its facilities.Room clean,daily housekeeping.Loved the fact we could do laundry and drying in our own apaprtment.Well maintained resort and would highly recommend it

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I don't recommend this place. I was glad we were staying only one night.

Our room did not look or feel clean. There were nasty stains on the carpet, and just-as-bad ones on the quilts on our beds. It gave me the creeps to know I was having to sleep with this stuff.

The room was not air-conditioned, and it got very hot. Fortunately, the management brought us a small electric fan, which worked fairly well to at least move the air around.

Our room was on the second level, and I was glad it was, because otherwise we would not have had much privacy; the window looks out over a parking lot with many vehicles, and there were a lot of people coming and going.

Some of the guests had motorcycles and they liked to rev them up at random times. It was like staying in the middle of a highway.

There was a nice-looking pool at this resort, but we didn't have time to use it. When we're on the road, what we mostly care about is the quality of the room.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jacob W, Guest Relations Manager at Oakridge Resort Lake Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Introvertica,

We regret that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us and take your comments on board in our strive to provide the best possible service to our guests. We do apologize for the concerns raised regarding room cleanliness and will be speaking to our housekeeping team to ensure theses are taken care of immediately as we do agree that this is not acceptable. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused by the neighboring guests and please know that had we been advised of the noise, we have no issue advising the guests to desist. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best on your onward travels.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We stayed for one night...were greeted at reception by a painted on smiled woman who went through her spiel, including asking for my phone number so they could call me if anything was left behind. We went specifically there to use washer and dryer, dryer took hours and hours to dry anything. The room itself was nice and big, we had a kitchen and a patio. We were on the downstairs level and had to cover the bathroom window as you could see right in (hubby went outside to check this out). There was clear glass in a pattern that was a few inches wide around the entire window. We used magazines, etc. to cover. There was a lot of noise of the people going upstairs as well as someone yelling outside because he couldn't remember where he room was and his key wouldn't work. My husband went out to try to help them but they were not understanding (a group tour in another language). I finally called the front desk and they said they come out. The internet was non-existent and when I called to get an alternate, she said that is the only one there (really, this place is huge, acres and acres of rooms, only one internet? There were only 2 pillows on the bed along with big throw pillows. The worse part though, was the fact that after being told in a sickening sweet way that they would definitely call if somethere was left behind....I found that I had left 2 REI suction activated, collapsible water bottles in the freezer along with a large regular bottle of water. I called within an hour of our checkout and the man at the desk said he'd call the cleaning people and call me back. When he called back, he said the only thing in there was a large bottle of water. Hmmmmmm, wonder why only that one? I suggested he check with his cleaning crew as they were bound to still be there and I KNOW the bottles were right next to the other bottle. No result, just a rather indignant "oh no, that would never happen" (when I suggested someone must have already taken them). Won't go back there, even though the room itself was very nice and it had a pretty good view.

1  Thank BarbaraA3363
Jacob W, Guest Relations Manager at Oakridge Resort Lake Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Barbara A,

We regret that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us and take your comments on board in our strive to provide the best possible service to our guests. We don't normally have any problems with our in-room washing and drying facilities. There are multiple settings available on the machines and instructions are posted next to the machines. The bathroom glass has a frosted pattern for privacy. We do apologize for the neighboring guest disturbing your stay and we did our best to deal with the situation. We normally receive positive feedback regarding our friendly staff and are confused by your statements of being over the top as we put an emphasis on friendly greetings. After your call to notify us of your belongings left behind, we contacted our cleaning supervisor to check your room as none of the staff had yet entered your room and, as we stated, only one water bottle was found. We hope you have safe travels moving forward.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Hotel room is clean and tidy, standard hotel studio setup. staff was very friendly.
this hotel is right at the edge of Wanaka town, away from the town center and the lake... but this is a small town, you know, 5 mins drive to anywhere in the center.
Only a small drawback is the wifi is way unstable and way way slow, and we have to manually try reconnection like forever...but fortunately we were not there for wifi network :)

Date of stay: February 2018