All reviews the penthouse third floor premier apartment place to stay master bedroom heated swimming pool perfect location appointed apartment the kitchen large balcony amazing views great pool view over the lake great apartment main bedroom bars and restaurants new zealand
Reviewed 15 December 2009

This is probably the most beautiful apartment I have ever stayed at. Huge living space and kitchen with everything you can think of. Large balcony with fabulous views. Bedroom with ensuite. We loved it here. And it's right across from the playground which was a huge plus for my 2-year old daughter. Staff are very helpful and friendly. We stayed in an apartment on the second floor. They closed off two bedrooms and one of the bathrooms and gave us a reduced rate. We only needed a one bedroom apartment, so it was a great deal! I would stay here again if I ever have the good fortune of returning to Wanaka, which is a lovely village.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Lakeside Apartments in Wanaka for 3 nights as we made our way down to Queensland. The first thing to say is that Wanaka is just beautiful, huge lake surrounded by high snow capped mountains... definately worth a visit. The couple who manage the apartments were just the most helpful and pleasant people you could ever wish to meet. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
We had an amazing 3 bed apartment, room 207 if I remember correctly. Our first thought as we walked into the apartment was WOW ! really suprised at the size of the place. We used the main en suit bedroom which had its own dressing room and patio doors opening out to the huge balcony which overlooked the lake and mountains. The lounge was over 20 feet long with sliding doors to the dinning area at one end and further patio doors to the balcony at the other. The kitchen was very modern and had everything that you needed if you chose to cook for yourselves, as we did. A large 8 seat dinning table sat adjacent to the bar area of the kitchen. The entire place had been decorated and fitted out to a high standard. Everywhere was immaculately clean and well presented. Flat screen TV's in both the lounge and bedroom 1 with just about every Sky channel which was a welcomed suprise. There was a laundry room with dryer and iron.
An added bonus worth a mention was the wired broadband if you were to have your own laptop with you. There was a reasonable charge for internet but for the first time during our 9 months of travelling when you logged off the timer stopped therefore you get the full 24hrs of online time that you paid for.
These apartments would be our first choice if we were to ever revisit Wanaka, which I hope we will.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2009

These serviced apartments really are stunning with beautiful views of the lake, and a very good alternative to a traditional hotel. Our apartment was beautifuly furnished and fitted and in immaculate condition, with its own garage as well. They are pricier than the Moorings apatments next door, but much nicer (we looked at a Moorings room) and we were able to get a good discount in the shoulder season. One tip is NOT to ask for a top floor apartment as their balconies do not have a roof and can get very wet or very hot. Ask for a second floor apartment instead. One more thing: choose staying in Wanaka over Queenstown - it's a far, far nicer town to stay in, you can always visit Queenstown on a day trip.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Spinnaker47
Reviewed 15 January 2009

These apartments overlook Lake Wanaka and range after range of snow capped mountains. We watched the sun rise over the peaks from the balcony.
With two bathrooms, under floor heating, a huge lounge and dining area, 6 friends enjoyed a wonderful week of skiing and good company. Spacious, clean, with a pool and hot tub/spa just underneath our window, we wanted to stay for ever!
We booked for 6 night s and got the 7th free. HIghly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank CarolynScout
Reviewed 4 October 2008

My daughter was living in Wanaka as part of a working year in NZ and was working at Treble Cone ski resort, skiing being our family's raison d'etre. She had checked out a number of places for me to stay and this was top of her list, with good reason. I had a ground floor one bedroom apt and it was immaculate. Underfloor heating - a wow for a British visitor-  huge living and kitchen area with state of the art facilities and staff who were friendly and so welcoming - save for the young lady on reception most days, who I guessed was part of the owning family and who was a little supercillious in attitude and who I felt uncomfortble approaching and asking questions and advice of. My only other criticisms were that I was never told what part of day the cleaners (who were great folk) would be visiting (the times varied considerably) and didn't like to ask them lest it made them feel uncomfortable about a management issue (ditto about approaching reception)and that the outdoor pool was unheated in September when I would have expected otherwise given it was Spring and the barbies were there and well used every night and that being the Southern hemisphere it was all a part of life.  Having said this, I would go back there if I was lucky enough to visit Wanaka again. The views from my apartment across the lake were stupendous and I was in the centre of the town. Ref a previous report about a bedroom facing onto the walkway at the back well, whilst empathising, the building is set up so that all living areas have those tremendous views and the daytime sun; this place is as good as one will get for location and views.As for Wanaka, what can I say? It is a wonderful, welcoming place, has a village sense of community even though it has an international and transient population and I couldn't fault it. Having been on the Clutha River boat trip halfway through my stay, on the last day some ten days later, I had been to the lakeside to take some photos and on walking away I was called from some distance by my first name. A little confused, I turned to see the company's pilot yelling at me that the other trip I was interested in was taking place the next day. I am from a villlage so am used to everyone knowing everyone else but I was surprised and touched to realise he remembered me. And I know some would say the company should have been more tourist orientated and organised in advance but I was impressed and it will take a lot to deter me from acting as an unofficial promoter for this exceptional place.

Stayed: September 2006