“"A perfect peaceful and carefree place to be"”

Navutu Stars Fiji Hotel & Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yaqeta Island
north vancouver
“"A perfect peaceful and carefree place to be"”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

After searching for a perfect place to stay in the Yasawas I found Navutu Stars. The resort was highly recommended in a couple of my favorite travel books. My criteria was a very small, quiet, adult oriented resort with great food and a local village to visit. The resort has a great atmosphere and vibe. My oceanfront bure #5 was private, had lots of space, a contemporary feel and had cool lighting. The small beachfront restaurant had a separate vegetarian menu... lots of choices from delicious Indian and Fijian curries to the must have homemade ravioli. Loved the wine selection and the chocolate cake too! Traveling on my own...the fabulous staff kept me amused, made me feel so comfortable and well cared for. From Brandon cutting me fresh aloe vera from the garden for my sunburn, to Wati and Sai escorting me into the local village to attend a funeral service.... to Jim the night security guy watching over me so I wasn't lonely and felt safe. Enjoyed the boat trip up to the caves with Steve, Varani, Sai, and the very competent captain of the ship. Saw lots of colorful fish even without a snorkel mask! Loved the long walks along the beautiful white sand beach in front on my bure. Enjoyed the free welcome massage at the mini spa on the beach. Originally reserved for 4 nights but didn't want to leave so extended my stay for an extra 2. Highly recommend this place to chill out, relax and unwind.

Room Tip: the beachfront bure is worth the extra cash for the great ocean view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Colleen2000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Adelaide SA
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My husband and I, along with 30 friends and family chartered navutu stars for 3 nights for our wedding in march. We had the most amazing experience that was made real not just by the most perfect surroundings of perfect blue lagoons and white beaches but also because of the wonderful people and service at navutu stars. Right from getting off the boat we new we had hit paradise. All the staff were so friendly, nothing was too much trouble, (even filling up champagne buckets with water for my friends to tip on my head!!) the food was owegasmic, all fresh seafood was wonderful and the accommodation is actually better than the pictures! I did some serious research before embarking on this trip , some might say I was a bridezilla, and there was not a thing that went wrong, everything that was promised was delivered. Especially on my actual wedding day! So thank you to all the staff at navutu, and if anyone reading this has any doubt, then don't! Just msg me and I can show u photos or answer questions! Enjoy!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank KristyLee31777
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I recently stayed at Navutu Stars Resort for 3 days for a friends wedding it was a party of 23 adults and 4 toddlers/babies. The people were friendly and it was nice to wake up at 630 to have a coffee with great company. Upon arrival we were welcomed by the staff singing and fresh coconuts to drink. The staff there were brilliant they would help with the babies to give the parents a bit of a break. The scenery was beautiful and it is safe enough to sleep with the patio doors open and have a fresh breeze coming in, and to wake up to the sound of the waves. The welcome kava ceremony was fantastic everybody enjoyed it. The food was divine especially the lovo that we had on the second night. We were entertained by the local childrens choir which was brilliant. There is plenty to do there ie: snorkelling, canoeing, island hopping, fishing and for the ladies massages, wraps and the choice of swimming in the beach or pool. I cant wait to go back

Room Tip: all rooms are good all beachfront and quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We booked the whole resort for a wedding party of 23 adults and 4 toddlers/babies. Instead of taking the Ferry (4 hour trip) we booked a Maxi fast boat (holds 33 or so and only took 2 hours), so if travelling in a group well worth it!
On arrival we were serenaded on the beach and welcomed with a coconut drink, yummy! Accomodation was great and the resort just beautiful and eco friendly was a bonus. When I was told there was no airconditioning I was a little concerned but just by opening the doors the cool breeze off the water was just lovely and a restful sleep was attained. The food was fresh and delicious and enjoyed by all. Seafood, including daily catches, was so fresh and tasty and the Lovo (underground cooking) very flavoursome. As food is grown on the island, seasonal fruit and vegetables are used and anything else is sourced from Nadi, so quality of food was excellent. Brandon, Steve, Dan and all the staff were the highlight! They could not do enough for us in every possible way. Absolutely nothing was a problem, from nannying the children, accomodating our requests to entertaining the guests. We were entertained every day. There was also plenty to do if you wanted i.e. snorkelling and canoeing (free), fishing, boat trips to other islands, massage, wraps etc or you could do nothing but just take in the ambience of the place.
As for the wedding, it was held on the beach as well as the wedding feast, under torch light creating a very romantic setting. Once again, we were entertained by the children's quoir as well as the staff and finished off with fireworks. A true island experience!
The staff kept the place clean and tidy in real Fijian fashion, continually sweeping and raking the sand. The bar staff made every possible cocktail and it was available all hours. On our departure we were again serenaded and farewelled with beautiful floral leis.
All in all it was an escape to a remote piece of paradise! Can't wait to go back there!

Room Tip: All bures were similar except if you want a sunken bath perhaps choose the Grand Bure.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Perth
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I went there for my honeymoon and it was just what we were after. The staff were sooo friendly and we pretty much had the place to ourselves the first 2 days other than 1 other couple. We stayed in a garden Bure which was cheaper than beachfront but was only about 15m to the water and pretty much had beach to ourselves. Food was great (although only had one restaurant choice), view from top of hill was amazing, village tour was excellent, snorkelling was ok in front of resort but they also organised trips to other beaches and caves (for a fee). They had kayaks you could take out whenever you wanted which was great! Would definitely recommend it for a romantic few days away! Any more than 3 days and I think we would have got bored.

Room Tip: A garden bure is just as good as beachfront bure, unless you want spa bath (then get honeymoon suite...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Yasawa Island Resort and Spa
#1 of 1 in Yasawa Island
26.8 km away
Mantaray Island Resort

Been to Navutu Stars Fiji Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!