3,952 results
All reviews lagoon pool chi spa beach bar and grill kids club ocean wing family room banana boat fiji time putt putt beach massage family holiday village tour kids eat free games room ground floor fijian resort main pool
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely place to stay. Workers are very friendly and entertaining. Always willing to help out when needed. Heaps of water activities. Some free. They have a good system when hiring out the water products so everyone gets a turn. I loved it here and would stay again. Food was great, rooms were clean and they had a great variety of tours. Thank you to all those involved.

Stayed: October 2018
1  Thank jane h
Shangri-La F, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear jane h,

Bula vinaka and many thanks for sharing your kind feedback regarding your recent stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wonderful place for a holiday with a family. Our 11 yr old daughter loved the whole experience - excellent facilities & local staff to organise games & fun for the kids. The facilities were very good including the ability to arrange tours out of the resort to visit other attractions. Food was great with a wide selection of food at the evening buffet. Rooms were comfortable, clean with very efficient room service. Overall, very good value for money. However, this is not a place for a romantic getaway - too many young kids.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Anthony C,

Bula from Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa and thank you for sharing your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay. We do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the not too distant future and sharing the new enhancements that will be completed by year end including our adult only Reef Wing. Vinaka.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Start this with a disclaimer: This review is targeted to / for Golden Circle Members; I'm not an internet troll, neither am someone that plays down businesses without good reason. I am Shangri-La Diamond Member that has stayed in seven Shangri-La Resort and Spa's, in addition several Shangri-La Hotels in the last three years alone; in 2018 (Jan-Oct) I have completed 47 nights stay at the Shangri-La, 6 nights of which have been in the last 4 weeks in 3 different Countries - I am a fan and a loyal customer.

HOWEVER - THE FIJI RESORT DOES NOT UPHOLD SHANGRI-LA STANDARDS!!

AIRPORT PICK-UP: Maybe I have become custom to the Groupa airport collection, which normally provides a prestine looking Shangri-La representative, who then walks me to a standard Shangri-La operated van / people carrier for my onward journey, providing both comfort and class. IN FIJI, We were collected by a contracted taxi driver, who then escorted us to what I can only describe as a death trap in the form of a run down Toyota Saloon. The car looked like it had scrapped through two world wars. The car was not suitable to carry the luggage of four passengers, carrying three suitcases, causing a tainted start to our holiday. The inside of the car was filthy, with cigarette burns all over the dashboard and everything was grubby to touch. Driver was pleasant but it didn't make up for poor car standard.

ARRIVAL: I thought we had arrived back at the airport; there was people everywhere and staff shooting around us with no real order to the chaos... are bags were wheeled to the centre of the lobby and left whilst I had to figure out which counter or staff member was checking people in. No formal greeting, welcome drink or guidance, just everyone shouting "Bula" at me and my family as they strolled passed us. The lobby was run down, under construction and lacked the flair and excitement you get when entering a Shangri-la Resort.

ROOM - I think this is where my disappointment set in. The room is tiny, yet supposed to accomidate a family of four. The room is supposedly newly furnished, but had this musky aroma that is quite impactful when you enter the room. I asked the checkin guy where the heavy smell was coming from, he replied "its the ocean", as if I'd never smelt the sea before. The walls are all marked, the finishing is not great and theres damp on the walls, which I think is causing the smell, coming from the aircon. But its the size that upsets me; the room is tiny and lacking the detail and quality I associate with the Shangri-La.

FACILITIES - The Pool isn't great, very crowded and lacks the Shangri-La charm and can only be described as a basic, 2 Star Hotel Pool. The units seem old fashioned and out dated, its clearly an older resort, as everything seems under renovation. We are limited to only two restaurants, one of whixh only serves basic snack / bar food. The main restaurant (Italian) does not allow children, which seems ridiculous and leaves very little options for food. The meals we've had so far have been good and in line with Shangri-La standards however.

SERVICE - This has been the biggest drawback so far, and the most surprising. Whilst the staff are friendly, we have found it hard to attract attentention when needed, and the speed of service is simply underwhelming. When we arrived, we tried to book a spa and a few tours with the Infomation desk. They could only provide one slot a day; this happened to fall during the evening dinner time, for the first three days of our stay (Sun, Mon and Tues). She then proceeded to tell us the spa had been occupied for the full day on Wed due to a Group Booking made by 20 Guests. Basically, this means we can only enjoy the spa facilities on our last day, which is very inconvenient and simply not what we are custom to. It was the process and hurdle we had to endure to get to the stage of booking the spa as well; it was just clunky and back and forth... we're used to seamless and accomidating service that provides flexibility, versus blunt and direct.

Overall, I'm disappointed. This may be labelled a Shangri-La Resort & Spa, but its far from holding that same prestige synonymous with the brand. We have six more days to bare, but first impressions count for a lot. For those Golden Circle Loyalists that equally plan their next holidays based on Shangri-La resort locations, I would strongly advise skipping Fiji and would counter suggest to you the Borocay or Maldives resorts.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank SmokeyDJ

Dear SmokeyDJ,

Ni sa bula and at the outset I would like to offer you our most sincere apologies for the distress you experienced during your recent stay with us.

We were very concerned to read your feedback and we have taken your comments very seriously as they concern the reputation of our resort. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to bring your concerns to our attention and your feedback will assist us in evaluating how we can better serve our valued guests, such as yourself, and in identifying those areas where additional efforts should be directed.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spent a week here in August to get away from the cold Canberra weather. I have stayed here before and the Shangri-La did not disappoint this time either. I stayed in an ocean view room on the ground floor. The room was very comfortable and clean. The outdoor sitting area was a wonderful place to sit in the afternoon and take in the sunset. The main restaurant was under renovations, it will look amazing once it has been completed. I had breakfast every day in the adults only buffet area. The waitresses were so friendly and the service was wonderful. Was great to be able to sit out on the veranda and enjoy the peace and quiet. You can also order omelettes to be made fresh for you which I did every morning. Because I filled up at breakfast I didn’t end up having lunch. The buffet dinners were also very good with a different theme each night. I found the food to be really good and fresh and good value. The Mongolian bbq was amazing and can definitely recommend it.
The Natadola Magical tour was a highlight of the trip. The children at the village were so adorable and really entertaining. The beach bbq lunch was amazing. The fire dinner show at the resort was always very entertaining.
The staff were all so friendly and welcoming, with a "Bula" and big smile from everyone you passed.
I have read other reviews about people complaining about the service. It can be a little slow getting drinks by the pool but really you are on holidays on a tropical island, sit back and relax, what is the rush??? I had a wonderful holiday and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank dunoak

Dear dunoak,
Bula vinaka and we would like to express our heartfelt thanks to you for taking the time to share your very kind feedback and for returning to our resort time and again. We look forward to sharing all the new enhancements here which will be completed by years end. Once again vinaka vakalevu.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

To the guys who do braids on the beach and puts lots of petroleum jelly aka Vaseline on children’s hair - you rot in hell! Vaseline doesn’t come off. Hair looks disgusting after 10 washes.

Resort is nice but there are hidden fees when they release the deposit during the check out. We got charged extra $136 Fijian dollars for nothing.

Because of this I will not come back.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Solveig G

Dear Solveig G,
Bula vinaka and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We do appreciate all feedback we receive and we do apologize for any distress you experienced during your stay. We have shared your feedback with the team as it can only serve to help us improve.