3,930 results
All reviews lagoon pool chi spa beach bar and grill kids club ocean wing family room banana boat fiji time putt putt beach massage family holiday village tour games room kids eat free fijian resort ground floor main pool
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were staying in Shangri-la as our start of the Fiji vacation, we chose this branding hotel and expected the level of the service and experience as same as we have been stayed in other 5star hotels. Sadly, it was a great disappointment.

The staff are friendly though, but obviously no proper training and low efficiency.

We got checked in at 7ish pm and got trapped in a buffet which cost us FJD65 (remember there is additional 24% VAT)per person because all other restaurants are either closed or under renovation or only take pre-booking and there is literally nothing special on the buffet, of course drinks are not included.

The rooms are dated, however some credit on the view out in the balcony, I found a cigaret butt in the mini garden on the balcony, that proved how they clean the room.

Because everything is so overpriced, we got to buy some beer in the town, and we found out the bottle opener mounted next to the mini fridge was broken, so we call the room service and they have questioned my husband 3times if the bottle opener was broken!!!!! To our surprise, they said they don't have any bottle openers and would like to send someone to our room and see what he can do!!! WHAT?? Finally, we managed to open it, and the staff knocked our door an hour later and lent us the opener... I'm speechless.

This hotel is very very poorly managed, you. An feel the staff are dis-oriented, so if you need to arrange/confirm anything better to make sure you have enough time for them to sort out for you!!

Another highlight, the train ride, just don't take that! That's a tourist trap, It's a warning !

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jing S
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Except for the food, which wasn't too bad, all the rest of the things you find at this resort are way below average. The rooms are old and badly maintained, the service is so-so, and the organisation is very poor. Besides, there's construction and noise all over the place.

Don't trust what they say about "free activities". Most times we tried to get rackets or a basketball, we were told the person in charge had left and the room was locked, and it was long before their closing time.

We found cigarette butts on the balcony floor and the room and bathroom looked more like a budget hostel.

The last night we asked room service to bring a bottle opener as the one provided in the room (attached to a console) had been removed. My call got transferred four times and each time they asked me why I didn't use the bottle opener in the room. One hour later, a very arrogant person from room service at this "five-star resort" (?) called and said they didn't have a bottle opener we could borrow.

Not the experience we were looking for. The only reason I'm rating it "poor" and not "terrible" was the breakfast buffet. It wasn't too bad.

Stayed: October 2017
2  Thank Juan B
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend!! I went with a friend of mine for 7 nights. Not only can you completely relax by the beach or pool and do absolutely nothing, but you can fill your days and nights with village tours, fire dancing shows, water sports and much more. It was the perfect balance between a complete break and fun filled experiences without breaking the bank. The staff at the Shangri-la are professional and incredibly friendly. Food was great with plenty to choose from. Just a heads up...get use to saying "bula" ...
We will definitely be back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank EliseKathryn
Lata Y, Communications Manager at Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear EliseKathryn,
Bula and many thanks for taking the time to share your very kind feedback regarding your stay with us. It is much appreciated and we have shared this with the team.
Yours sincerely,
Lata Yaqona

Reviewed 9 October 2017

My children 12 and 15 loved the resort. Went Parasailing, Jet skiing, Snorkelling and SCUBA diving. Both my children are now qualified open water SCUBA diver's. Loved the resort and our holiday at this resort.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Reviewed 5 October 2017

This was my second visit here, the last being 10 years ago and not much has changed apart from the prices.
This time I brought my family and whilst the kids had a great time, the prices were now really up there and the resort is still tired. They are working to upgrade with large sections closed and despite being advised that the pool would be open in time for our travel, it was closed until the second last day and then only opened because they needed to. The renovated room was nice though we booked a superior lagoon and had something much smaller, with no offer of a change in price or reduction anywhere. When the pool opened it was lovely but the deck was only half finished. We were also told as the pool was closed we could use the adult pool but upon arrival this did not happen and it sat empty for most of our stay. Our friends were given the same information so not just us.
The water park they put in was fantastic, not only for the kids but I enjoyed it as well and despite other comments on lack of staff for the whole time there I always saw at least two friendly fun staff members having a blast with the kids.
As a resort location the beach is fantastic, the water clear and full of fish and you can use SUPs and Kayaks for free.
Food is ridiculously expensive but then they have you pretty much stuck. We paid $190FJD for buffet dinner, no drinks and that only included 2 adults and a teenager at half price. Cocktails starting at $20FJD but on average $30FJD, beer at $10FJD+ so by no means cheap. There are other venues close by for food that provide better value.
The room was clean, the staff as always super friendly and helpful and overall, a great relaxing place for a holiday apart from the constant drilling, grinding, hammering, banging for the whole time that was the renovations. I may sound like I am complaining but I travel a lot and I understand the need to renovate, I am just disappointed that there was no mention of reductions or adjustments for the inconvenience experienced. The room was smaller than we booked and with the noise it was at times like being back in Sydney.
The kids enjoyed themselves but for the price if I have to come back I will likely look elsewhere. Even the locals said it had lost its appeal now and was all about making as much money as possible. $8 for a fresh coconut seems a bit much to me.
Enjoy if you get there with no renovation but I feel it has lost its appeal and warmth.

Room Tip: If you are staying near the lagoon pool, expect noise as two wings are currently being renovated and very noise.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family