3,952 results
All reviews lagoon pool chi spa beach bar and grill kids club ocean wing family room banana boat fiji time putt putt beach massage family holiday village tour kids eat free games room ground floor fijian resort main pool
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Our first time visiting Fiji, everyone said to go to Denerau as it's the 'place to be'. After staying at Shangri La and then staying at Denerau, I completely disagree. Shangri La / Yanuca Islands Coral Coast is definitely where we'll be staying again when we go back :) All the staff at Shangri La were very friendly and helpful, it's a huge resort and it took us a day to get our bearings. Staff were happy to help us when we were lost and they just made our stay and experience so special. Our maid would leave cool decorations on the bed, you could tell they took pride in their work and the attention to detail was just amazing down to everything they supplied in the room. Shops were close by, restaurants close by if you didn't want to eat at the resort. But with the food at Shangri La being the way that it is, we didn't venture out much because the food is excellent!! to quality, no faults whatsoever. We ate at every restaurant lol a lot of activities for kids, the poolside dancing and activities for everyone to get involved in took 'laying by the pool' to another level. There's always something to do. My family travelled with us for our wedding and my mum is elderly, the porter service is great! Not ever a complaint from any staff either. Such an awesome experience, my family and I are already planning our return.

My husband and I are lucky enough to say that we got married at Shangri La in the gorgeous chapel that is well maintained. The chapel was the draw card for us and what made us decide to get married there - it didn't disappoint!! Of course with all weddings, not everything went the way I planned but you learn to roll with it and become accustomed to 'Fiji Time'. Although some things didn't go as planned it didn't overshadow the day and we enjoyed our day thoroughly, our guests still rave about it!! The wedding coordinators are great, it has a salon and a shop as well as Jacks, Cafe's, Bars - everything you need.

We were invited to the Thursday cocktail hour where you meet some of the management and it was great to hear that they're renovating one of the restaurants there and that there's a clear vision for what they want to see Shangri La, love that they're already improving amenities and we're excited to see what it's like when we return.

One thing I loved about staying here is that the resort is so big and there are different restaurants that open for buffet breakfast so you don't see everyone at the resort at one place. It doesn't feel 'crowded' as such like it did at Denerau. You could still have your quiet time even at the huge resort. There's the big family pool with all the activities but you could also leave and go to the coral pool and coral lounge if you didn't really want to socialise with everyone there or see a lot of kids. We don't have kids and our rooms were on the far side right by the gym, no kids were on that end that we can remember which was great because it meant we could get our quiet time away from all that.

I could go on (and I think I have already), but just WOW!! we really, really enjoyed our stay, our wedding and our first experience of Fiji. Our whole family loved it, thank you Vinaka Vaka Levu to all the staff that made our stay just so special. We hold Fiji and Shangri La dear to our hearts and we will be back soon!

Oh also I can't review with mentioning the guys at the security gate who yell BULA every time you come and go, they're awesome!! Also pool staff - Marly I think his name is? such an awesome social guy who just makes the pool side activities fun and gets everyone involved. Job well done! It's cool to see management get in amongst the dancing too.. just awesome.

Room Tip: Best views: ocean view or lagoon view rooms on the second / top floors. The rooms nearest the Gym / Spa were more quiet than other areas.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank EmilynRoss
Lata Y, Communications Manager at Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear EmilynRoss,
Bula vinaka and congratulations once again and we would like to convey our sincere thanks to you for taking the time to share your kind feedback regarding your recent stay. We do very much appreciate all feedback we receive and it is heartening to know that your experience with us was also appreciated. We would also like to thank you for acknowledging our staff who made your stay such as Marly as he is indeed a credit not on to our resort but to our beautiful Fiji. We look forward to welcoming you all back soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Shangri-La for a week with our 3 year old. We loved our holiday and would go back again in the future.

PROS
Very friendly staff
Great themed nights with buffets that we would highly recommend
Loved the Natadola Magic Tour
Room was nice enough with a good view
We thought all of the restaurants had some great options
Loved buffet breakfast
Swimming area at the beach was amazing, perfect for relaxing
We didn't have to wait for anything and always got a deck chair in the shade at the beach or pool - would highly recommend going outside of school holidays as I heard this is not the case then

CONS
Toilets & bathrooms aren't up to a 5 star standard
Everything is very expensive, we would spend easily over $200 FJD each day just on food and kids usually eat free so that was just for 2. (is a pro that kids usually eat free!)
There is a lot of construction going on, we stayed on the other side of the island so the noise wasn't a problem but we were very disappointed that we didn't have access to the lagoon pool (the resort did tell us this before we arrived and mentioned that there would be strictly no compensation which I was disappointed with considering that area is a huge attraction for the resort)
There are no lifeguards on duty at the pools or beach, although there were often a lot of staff around

TIPS
Don't buy water at the resort, get a taxi to a supermarket and buy it there it is A LOT cheaper
Organise taxis yourself rather than through the tour department, they charge almost twice as much
The resort is huge so if you have littlies, you'll need a pram (I think you can hire them, we were glad we had our own)
Wear sunscreen and reapply often, the sun is torcherous

As I said, we had an amazing holiday and would go back again. Thanks Shangri-La, we needed a relaxed and chilled family holiday and that's exactly what we got.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Lozagert

Dear Lozagert,
Bula vinaka and we would like to thank you sincerely for taking the time to share your very kind feedback with us. We are delighted to learn of your intention to return and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I booked a weeks accommodation from 8/9-15/9/17 this was our anniversary week and belated honeymoon. When we arrived we were greeted with friendly staff and driven to our room which was an superior ocean view room it was a little dated but still very nice the view from our room beautiful. The meals were nice except from the bar and grill were I had to get my meal recooked. The breakfast had a good selection to pick from. We did the 3 hr village tour which was a highlight and a must do. We also went to the market which was an experience. Over all it was a great place to stay the only thing I was disappointed about was after being there for 3 days we had the manager come to our room and say they are over booked as they had a conference that week and would we consider going to the sofitel for our last night we agreed if only it was going to be the same as we had already paid for we were assured it would be they paid for transfers to the sofitel and our tea and breakfast. We get to the sofitel it is not the same at all we had to ask to get moved because the room wasn't the same standard and bathroom was discussingit was a very disappointing way to end our holiday.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mrscolmer
Lata Y, Communicatons Manager at Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear mrscolmer,
Bula vinaka from the team at Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa and first and foremost I would to sincerely apologise for the distress caused by the move on your last night. We do appreciate all feedback we receive and we have shared this with the team.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed 4 nights and sadly was disappointed. The Hotel itself is quite dated and quite expensive in the stores far from being a 5 star resort though I will say the ocean views are amazing. Our room was quite old and not as spacious as I thought it would be for a family of 3.
There aren't many restaurants to choose from unless you decide to venture outside of the resort. The seafood buffet was a huge let down especially for what you pay. The breakfast buffet gets very boring after day 2 as it doesn't change. I think the highlight for most guests are the amazing hot dogs on sale around lunch time near the main pool. Keep in mind food and drinks are very pricey!!
Free use of the snorkelling gear and kayaking is available on site but sadly the paddle boarding wasn't. The resort is huge and there's plenty of space for you to find a quiet spot for yourself whilst taking in the beautiful scenery, though like I said it needs major upgrades to compete with other modern resorts around.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Luu07
Lata Y, Communications Manager at Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear Luu07,
Bula vinaka and we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We do appreciate this and we have shared this with the team as it can only serve to help us improve.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We attended a large conference here and stayed two nights. Our room and ensuite were great - comfortable - very efficient air conditioning too, and stunning views from our balcony. The conference hosting was excellent; and the food and variety of dishes were also excellent. Our two evening functions were held at very different venues. The decor and live entertainment at the presentation event were fabulous and a fun evening was had by the conference delegates! The staff were all friendly and helpful. This is a great resort for families, but I enjoyed there being an adults only pool too!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Chimbie,
Bula from the team at Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa and many thanks for taking the time to share your kind feedback regarding your recent stay to attend a conference. We are so delighted to hear that you had a great experience and we do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards,