3,955 results
All reviews lagoon pool chi spa beach bar and grill kids club ocean wing family room banana boat fiji time putt putt beach massage family holiday village tour kids eat free games room ground floor fijian resort main pool
Reviewed 28 September 2008

A great family resort. A nice location with spacious grounds. The resort is full of kids - perfect for primary school aged kids. If you are a young single or retired this may not be the best resort for you. The kids club is excellent - especially the evening club where the kids love the kids disco.
The resort is on an island and faces two sides - one faces the ocean. We stayed in an ocean family room (have 3 kids). This side has bigger rooms and is quieter which is good for quiet reading or an afternoon nap. The rooms are closer to the water so have a better view. There is a 30 metre pool here that is 1.5 metres deep in this section of the resort - too deep for preschool kids. The beach here is quite shallow and has coral (white) so not really for swimming.

The other side of the resort faces a bay - the "lagoon side". This side can be more protected from the wind and has a nice but not very wide swimming beach - 80 metres long - not a beach for walking. The lagoon pool is behind this beach. this is the main pool and is very busy with lots of kids. It is not as relaxing and overall a bit hectic and busy. The lagoon rooms are behind this pool, further from the ocean and the view. They are less private and quite. We spent most of the time on this beach - best for swimming and for kids. The ocean side a bit more of a walk from this area but we liked the short walk after lazing everyday and also the quietness.

Now to the food. We have high expectations of food. We go to alot of nice restaurants and my wife is french so food is very important. The food was good. We mainly ate at the buffet lagoon restaurant with the kids. The cold salads and seafood were excellent. Fiji has a large indian population so curries are very good. Overall the best food is cold, curries or freshly cooked - at the buffet e.g. pasta or stirfry. The desserts are great. Best food for lunch is at coral cafe on the ocean side.

Rooms were nice and recently renovated. The resort is clean and tidy and has a quality feel, but is very relaxed.

Overall a great family resort. I would highly recommend it for families with primary school/preschool aged kids.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank doctor10
Reviewed 25 September 2008

This was my first overseas trip with friends. (two couples) Travelling from an afternoon flight from Sydney to Nadi, we were all quite excited to reach our destination. We arrived at the resort at 930pm and was greeted by the Fijian staff. We checked in to our lovely and clean lagoon view rooms then had a late dinner at the lagoon terrace. The resort looked so beautiful even at night. Our trip was for 6 nights at the fijian.

Every morning we made our way to the lagoon terrace restaurant for our buffet breakfast. A vast array of food is available for you to indulge. You can easily consume a little too much as my friends and I found out. The lagoon pool is the most popular by far with kids and adults as there's always activities available for you to join in. The daily activity list is available in your room. For a group of young adults we found the place full of things to during the day. There is happy hour in the black marlin and bill bar available every night. It can be very costly if you don't watch what you spend on drinks. We also bought some alcohol duty free so we can indulge in our rooms if we ran out of money for the day. The night club was not busy most nights. It was more crowded on Friday night as they had organized games for people to join in. A really great tip I found whilst reading this forum was to make a habit of paying for your daily expenses the next morning so you can better keep track of what you spend. You can also view your bills on the tv in your room. Just remember to keep your receipts with you.
I also recommend the firedancing show. This was a lot of fun. For 75$FJ you get a buffet dinner and 2hrs of entertainment.

We also spent some time out of the resort. The south sea island day cruise was a great day out. Fiji is such a beautiful country, so we were happy to see some of the sites. There is a tour desk you can visit at the resort which can help you out. We hired a car with driver for the day to travel around nadi and port denarau for shopping. We paid 103$FJ which I thought was good value.

Overall my experience at the Fijian was excellent. I love the people,the scenery, the food. It was a holiday I won't easily forget. I would certainly come back soon. Vinaka

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
4  Thank jcgreen
Reviewed 22 September 2008

We first visited the Shangri-la in April 2004 whilst I was preganant with my now 4 year old. Thought that it would be a good family destination given the amount of families that were there at the time, and it certainly did not disappoint on that front. We stayed for 5 nights from 9 September to 14 September 2008.

The pools, kids club and resort activities cater really well for children, although the kids menu's could be improved from the standard fried food and spag bol. My daughter loved this place, particularly the pool which we had difficulty extracting her from.

We were able to upgrade our ocean view room to a 1 bedroom executive suite on the lagoon side of the resort, which was absolutely fantastic as my husband and I could share some adult time whilst child slept in the other room. We particularly enjoyed our pre & post dinner drinks on the balcony. I highly recommend both the location and the room for families as you are right in the action but able to enjoy some time to yourselves. There were some issues with gurgling plumbing and our front door banging on windy evenings (prompting the 4 year old to shout in her sleep "well close the door then - alrighty!"), but we soon learnt to ignore these minor annoyances.

On the last night my husband and I enjoyed a lovely dinner in the pavillion overlooking the sea. Absolutely beautiful - just the two of us enjoying a lovely 4 course meal with the most amazing sorbet dessert which was presented inside of an ice teardrop sculpture. It was great to watch the sun go down as we enjoyed some good champagne and fine foods.

Would we go back - yep. But we might try a few more islands first...

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank AKA_3
Reviewed 19 September 2008

Tony and I got married the traditonal Fijian way on a private beach across the lagoon from the fijian hotel,it was fantastic ...have a look at the photos . I organised it all my self , if you like the pics I can help you have the same... We go every year back to the Fijian it is great.The staff are fabulous, night lif superb and lazing by the pool and drinking great. from the boat ride for the wedding to the seafood spread and beach party after the wedding was awsome... Its paradise try it you love it.!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank andiandroutou
Reviewed 17 September 2008

I was here for part of a conference in August. Firstly i must say that the people working at the resort are very freindy. The resort itself is situated right on the water and has plenty of activities to offer. The rooms are fine i stayed in a 1 bed room that was very spacious and comfortable. The airconditionong in the room is sensational and needs to be with the humid tempratures. The area that the resort is spread over is qite large with several pools and lots of natural park/waterfront. Pools include one specifically for adults and the night club always seems to have a good crowd in there.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business