My family(3Adults 2 Children) spent 8 nights at the Shangri La Resort for our Wedding held at the Seaside Chapel November 2. We had a party of 64 guests fly in to celebrate with us our special day. I have been emailing with Cindy(co-ordinator) for a year regarding
our requirements etc. She has been nothing but the best especially upon our arrival. You dont really get much feedback from her leading up to your day, but, in the end it was just the best. The food was fantastic, we chose a Dinner Buffet and put a bar tab on for our family/friends. Hired the sound system $200, took our own cds and my brother was our dj for the night.
My bouquet was provided as part of the package and i did the diy thing and took artificial flowers for my bridal girls to wear. My brother in law played for us in the Chapel while my matron of honor and sister in laws sang me down, with my son walkin me in. We took our choc favors, bubbles and gave them to Cindy, who arranged everything for set/up. She goes that extra mile to make sure your day goes smoothly/hassle free. I have loaded some photos on the site for your viewing.
The resort itself, we stayed in the Lagoon Family Room on the ground floor, which really suited us as our lil boy could run freely on the grass with easy access to the pools and beach.
The room was spacious, king bed and x2 divans, great air con, only downfall was we had no utensils ie...spoons,forks etc provided(for our nibbles at night) maybe it was just our room.
The resort does look old and run down as some may say, but that did'nt mind us at all. We were just happy to be there and to share the experience with all our family/guests. The kids loved it, especially the kids club, the kids discos at the Marlin Bar and the all day swimming. The resort also offers free activities and the staff are just soooo friendly.
Food....was expensive. We mainly dined at the Beach Bar & Grill and went to Geckos Restaurant across the road where we also had some of our family/friends stay for our Wedding. Food was better there but depending on how busy it is, you could be waiting up to 40mins for your food. They also provide a free show as well. Buffet breakfast was good, same foods every mng with a lil change of some meals. We went to Takali and Marlin Bar for this. I think this is what we miss the most, meeting up with the family at breakfast every morning before starting the day.
We did'nt take any food over to fiji but will definately be doin this on our next trip this year for our 1st Year Anniversary. You really need it for the younger ones.
After breakfast we would either relax at the pools, beach, bike ride or shopping.
The resort provides you with taxi service. We went to Sigatoka did some shopping there for the room, and got gifts,souvenirs for family back home. The ladies at the markets are really pushy and seperate you if you are in a group, so try and stick together.
There is also a money machine in the lobby.
The resort takes credit card details from you on check in, but advised not to charge anything on there, and we just paid our room a/c at the end of every day so we can keep track of what we are spending.
Also try the Lovo & Meke Firedancing Night here. It is $70 pp for buffet dinner and show, we really enjoyed this, but think the cost was a bit much. Late evenings we would meet up at Marlin Bar for Daiquiries and chat bout the day. The dj played some good music up there and also provide a band. They open til 1am but on our Wedding Nite we took the party here and they stayed open til after 2.30am.
We braided our hair from the lovely ladies by the pool, tried the massage, and the Chi-Spa for our facial and pedicure.
Overall, our stay here was great, absolutely love this place. It's not how it looks but it's the ppl and the service they provide you. This is also a family resort so alot of families and kiddies in the Lagoon area where all the main activities are. If you are a couple and want a quiet stay, it might be best to stay in the Ocean View but can be some distance of a walk.
We are planning our trip back here in November this year and cant wait. We love this place and very very hotttt.
I have posted some pics up of our Wedding on the site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au and Cancelon so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island