Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
USD 1,307*
USD 1,207*
SmithHotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Beqa Lagoon Resort(Beqa Island)
USD 320*
  • Beachfront
Nanuku Auberge Resort(Pacific Harbour)
USD 868*
USD 750*
Agoda.com
The Pearl Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
USD 216*
USD 131*
Waidroka Bay Resort(Korovisilou)
USD 167*
USD 162*
  • Pool
Uprising Beach Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
USD 145*
USD 92*
  • Breakfast included
Wellesley Resort Fiji(Korolevu)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Crusoe's Retreat(Coral Coast)(Great Value!)
USD 98*
  • Breakfast included
Mango Bay Resort Fiji(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
USD 88*
USD 69*
USD 342*
USD 163*
3,796 results
All reviewslagoon poolchi spabeach bar and grillkids clubocean wingfamily roomfiji timebeach massagefamily holidayvillage tourkids eat freegames roommain poolfijian resortground floorwater sportsbuffet breakfast
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This is a great place to take the family. The kids club is first rate - it is about the staff who are just so good with the kids - we had five between us aged from 3 - 8 and they all loved it. You need a nanny for the 3 year olds but she keeps an eye on all the family.

The pools and beach are first rate.

Kids under 12 eat free from the buffet and they have open access to it - no chicken nuggets and chips here. Really good kids food. Adult food is a bit ho-hum and service very slow but this is a family holiday after all.

For a family make sure you get a ground floor room as near the beach and main pool otherwise you can have a very long walk.

Don't leave valuables on your table out front though - one of our group lost a camera.

2  Thank FastHelen
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights as part of a tour group. We were made very welcome and all the staff were friendly and polite, made us feel like family almost. I had a lovely room with nice view. Was a lot of walking from one place to another. Restaurants were excellent. I was a bit disappointed in the beach as the sand was made up of lots of little shells, but very pretty and the swimming pools were lovely. It would be a beautiful place for a wedding as it has its own little chapel overlooking the water in a secluded area away from the main hotel. Almost wished I were getting married there. ALMOST, I said. ha ha

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Miriam D
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We just got back from five nights at the Fijian and three nights at the Raddison in Fiji with three adults and three kids (8,5,3) plus our friends with their two kids. The Fijian was definitely the place to take kids. We had lagoon view family ground floor rooms which are a must for kids as the doors opened straight out to the grass and the pool, meaning the smaller sized rooms didn't matter. The best block to be is 113-124 as that is right opposite the pool and beach. The kids club is absolutely fantastic. The kids wouldn't have a bar of the club at the Raddison (it's rubbish), but loved the club here. Fantastic activities and brilliant staff. We checked the kids in each morning from 9-12 and went and had some adult time and then spent the afternoon with the kids in the pool, apart from the 8 year old who'd often go back to kids clubs if she fancied the activities (kids Olympics was a favorite - swimming and running races). The kids ate free and had their choice of the full adult buffet. Great for them, but a bit expensive for the adults. Much cheaper to eat in the other restaurants. The food wasn't as good as on Denerau, but the kids club and activities made up for it. - the beach is lovely and is a nice change from the pool. Definitely a great place for a family holiday.

Room Tip: Book a ground floor lagoon room.
9  Thank taxistarfish
Reviewed 10 June 2011

NOT VALUE FOR MONEY- 3 STAR ROOMS AT BEST
Very disappointed we chose to stay at this hotel.
Our deluxe ocean view room was mouldy and the bed felt very damp, making it challenging to sleep, I kept waking up because it smelled so bad. I suspect it was one of the 30 recently flooded rooms. I was very angry and disappointed at the lack of hygiene in the room and the aggressive attitude of lobby staff when confronted in a polite manner re the mouldy room.
There was water dripping down the walls, mould growing in the picture frame and the shower had black soap scum on it which made me feel quite ill when I realized I was standing in a dirty shower and should have worn flip flops in there. The air con was set at 15 degrees and when turned down the mouldy smell was quite overwhelming. When complaining to management we were made to feel like a nuisance and told to wait at the side of the desk while other people checked in. We were treated with total disregard and finally relocated ( a day long exercise) with no apology. I noticed housekeeping quickly made up our room for some other unsuspecting guest, the same time as we were leaving and sprayed it with air freshener. I didn't see the shower or toilet being cleaned, just bedding, the toilet paper being folded and the toiletries being replaced!
The resort seemed to have approximately 40% occupancy so I was surprised it was so time consuming to find us a new room. The resort is overpriced and has some serious issues.
the food was often cold and tasteless in the buffet, and at the $80 Fijian dinner I had to ask for a 2nd chicken wing! You wouldn't want to be hungry!
A dinner one night a sea snake entered the restaurant and went under a ladies skirt.
The rest of the resort staff were friendly but seemed more concerned with you signing your bills than providing service with a smile. At breakfast they were so slow I ended up sourcing my own coffee and pouring milk into the little table jug myself. The spa was the resorts only saving grace, as it was beautiful and the only 5 star service i found within the resort. we didn't enjoy our stay here and left feeling ripped off.
If considering staying here, save your money and book elsewhere.

11  Thank whitesands1123
Reviewed 5 June 2011

In the brochure we were told check in was 3 pm. Arriving at 2.30pm we waited until 3.30pm and then only one of our two rooms was ready: the second was not ready until 4.30pm.
The room we were given on arrival had the air-con turned full on to freezing level, and I turned it down to let the two small children have a nap. After this we had a meal and on returning to the room became aware of a definite mouldy smell. I noticed the walls were literally running with water and the tiled floor was extremely slippery. I went to reception and was told we could change rooms, but by then the two children were asleep in bed. We found our bed to be damp and had a strong mouldy smell.
After a difficult night I went to reception to find no information had been passed on from the evening before to the day staff. I was told they would look into a change of room, but this could not happen until after midday. We packed our things and waited for some contact. I rang at 12.30pm to be told that two adjoining rooms would be sorted immediately. After waiting a further 45minutes with no response from the desk, I went back to reception.
Again no one knew anything about these arrangements and I had to sit in front of the duty manager for a further 30 minutes to get a response. He showed us to replacement rooms, which were not as new as our first allocation. There was no apology for wasting our first day at the resort, or any suggestion of an upgrade/restaurant voucher/bottle of wine or similar offer normally made when guests are extremely inconvenienced.
The air-con in this room proved to be just as bad for moisture, with damp bedding and the tiled floor being so slippery that the children both had several falls. We spent the night in a mouldy smelling bed for the second time.
In the morning our two -year old really smashed her head when she slipped over. I had enough of being mucked around and phoned my travel agent in Australia.
We then got an immediate response from the management, and were told to pack up to move for the third time to be upgraded to "deluxe" rooms. These turned out to be exactly the same standard I had paid for with our original rooms, but at least they were generally dry. The floor tiles were still moist from the air conditioning, and you had to be careful moving about in bare feet so as to not slip over.
When we did leave a couple of days later there was no compensation offered for the inconvenience, or extensive mucking around of having to pack our cases several times.
If you are considering staying in this resort, watch out for the dangerous tiled floors. The youngest child has a massive bruise to her head and really got hurt in the fall. The management did not respond properly until I made our Australian travel agent aware of the hotels incompetent, lethargic attitude.
Apart from that I found the evening meal where children eat free at Lagoon restaurant, to be a rip off at $80.00 Fijian per adult [$42.50 Australian] for an average pub quality meal, which did not include coffee. I would not stay at this resort again.

Room Tip: make sure they are dry.
13  Thank openspace_11