We stayed at the Shangri-la resort in February 2011. As with most of Fiji the weather was great, the people were extremely friendly and helpful and a safe place for the kids. The resort has a lagoon type beach that that was clean, warm and in a great location. There was a great assortment of water activities that were there for you some free and some not. Additionally there was tennis, golf and mini golf. There are a select number of gift shops there for you as it is a taxi ride to get to any shop outside the resort . The resort has some 440 odd resort rooms in 4 storey blocks scattered on two sides of the resort. There a bures scattered past these and if you want a little luxury, privacy this is the way to go (we did). Like most of the Fiji resorts they are kid friendly. They have various child care services for the guests and for those that need to get away from the kids there was a restaurant and a pool that are kid free (GREAT). There are various restaurants of varying quality and pricing scattered amongst the resort. The main restaurant where you would go for breakfast also holds a buffet dinner at night. We had dinner there once and found the quality very poor and extremely over priced. Best quality and price we found was at the beach bar & grill not a big restaurant so in peak times I guess you will have to book! On that we stayed during off peak times and the hotel was only approximately 30% capacity, it was great, there was little to no waiting time for water activities, massages and restaurants.
In summary a nice place to visit. It can be a very expensive if you don’t watch where you are eat & drink. They do have happy hour at some bars but it’s not that happy and the times seem to be a little flexible. Personally I would avoid peak seasons (school holidays) as I think it would be just too hectic and not so relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Agoda, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island