Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Sheraton Fiji Resort(Denarau Island)
View Hotel
Sheraton Denarau Villas(Denarau Island)
View Hotel
The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji(Denarau Island)
  • Beachfront
The Terraces Apartments(Denarau Island)
5,335 results
All reviewskids clubthai restaurantlomani waione bedroom suitefamily poollagoon viewbula busswim up barfish and chipspizzathe sofa bedfamily holidayhappy hourtorch lightingadult poolwashing machine and dryergreat for families
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Great resort. Loved just relaxing in the pools & at the pool bar & watching the beautiful sunsets. The beds were huge, had DVD player in room-so could watch the dvd's we brought. Nice size room, housekeeping did a great job. Would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kylie H
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This was our third visit to Fiji, but first time on Denarau Island. We stayed for 7 nights, 7th-14th May 2012 in a garden view room. The actual resort itself is very beautiful; well designed and is set amongst stunning tropical gardens. The grounds are well maintained and very clean, and though Denarau is not a typical Fijian Island, it still had a lovely lush ambience to it due to the amazing gardens.

Our room was a good size, though being placed in a room that was on the ground floor meant there was little natural light...it felt more like a bunker to me! It was very quiet though, and we all slept well and being so close to the pool, we decided to overlook the darkness of the room. The beds were comfortable, nice bathroom and it was well serviced.

The main draw of this resort is the wonderful pool. It is lagoon style, with white sand and massive sun shades erected over the main pool. The pool was never crowded, and there are lots areas with different depths, so suitable for all range of swimming abilities. The water slide is a bonus, and my 7 yr old son loved it...used it everyday of our stay. The resort has a staff member that watches the slide to maintain safety, which was a good idea, as some of the older children using the slide can get quite boisterous.

There were always plenty of sun lounges, and whilst most of the lounges are by the main pool, we found a few set behind the water slide (near the towel hut) that afforded a bit more privacy and quiet. We also, on request, were able to get a large umbrella put up for us. If you need more shade, do ask for an umbrella, as it was no problem for the staff to find one for us. The swim up bar was also another good aspect, as is the adults only pool. We didn't use it, but it looked lovely, has two spas and the sun lounges also looked more comfortable than the lounges by the main pool. We spent the majority of our stay by or in the pool, so this has to reflect the brilliance of the Radisson pool!

Food wise, the resort has several options, from the Blu buffet, Neptune's pizza, Water court and Cross. We ate at every one of these, and found the Blu buffet to be overpriced and the food quite average. The buffet (at night) never seemed to change what was on offer, and the quality did not reflect, for us, the cost of the meal. The breakfast was also a let down. I had read rave reviews about the Blu breakfast buffet, but it seemed like an average resort buffet. It didn't have the variation or quality that we had experienced at the Outrigger. The kid's corner was a let down, with hardly a vegetable in sight and the food being slightly burnt. Neptune's pizza was good, my son enjoyed it very much! Cross, being the fine dining option, was wonderful. Attentive service and the food was both well presented and made. They also have a kids menu on offer from 6pm-7pm, so your children can dine with you here, also. Our favourite place, however, to eat was the Water court. It over looks the waterfall, which offers an amazing view. The staff here are very well skilled, both wait and cooking staff. The food was so good; sushi, spring rolls, pumpkin and beef stir fry were highlights.

Being a resort, the food was generally quite pricey. We also found that there was a lack of choice in the evenings, so 3 nights of our stay we caught the Bula bus to the marina and ate there. I would recommend this, as we had some amazing meals at the marina (Bone fish was great and lovely staff) and found the food much better priced.

Whilst the resort has many positives, there were a few things that didn't equate with the star rating the resort has. When we arrived, we were given no direction as to where anything was located in the resort. The check in was quick, but a bit more information would have been preferable. Overall the resort staff were fine, but there seemed to be a slight lack of genuine enthusiasim...having previously stayed at the Outrigger, where the staff are so friendly and maintain this across the board, the Radisson fell short on this mark. The kids club was also another let down. My son was excited to go to the club, but all the activities seemed geared for younger children. There seemed to be no kids over 5 attending the club, and so my son decided not to go. The cost was also a let down, compared to the other kids clubs my son has used. The initial joining cost was $30, but then each session after that was $1 for every year of your childs age! Compare this to other kids clubs where you only pay an initial joining fee, and the Radisson seems overly expensive.

There was also a lack of attention to the adult range of activities, as well. On the daily listing of activities was a 'Kokoda' making demonstration. This fish dish is our favourite, and so we went to the Blu restaurant, at the time the demonstration was to start. When we arrived there was no sign of any demonstration, or a Radisson activity staff member. We asked at the Blu desk, and they did not know what was happening. They told us to go back to our sun lounges and they would come and get us when it was set up. This was fine, being on holiday we were not in any rush. After waiting 40 mins, though, we went back and there was still no demonstration. We waited still, and eventually gave up. It was a tad bad form of the resort to advertise activities and then not to provide them.

Overall we enjoyed our stay, the weather was beautiful, the pool amazing and the tropical setting really created a relaxing atmosphere. Would I stay here again? I would, but only for a shorter stay, say before transferring out to one of the island resorts...and only for the amazing pool!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
15  Thank Golightlycat
David R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

Bula "Golightlycat"

Thank you for your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Resort Fiji and for your valuable feedback. We are very proud to be the #1 ranked hotel on Denarau Island on TripAdvisor. But we are obviously not perfect so feedback such as yours is well received as it allows us to improve our facilities and services.

I was particularly saddened to read of your disappointing experience with the BLU Buffet, Kids Club, the lack of a map and adult activities. Your comments have been shared at our managers briefing and have become part of our action plans for improvement.

In fact, just last week we launched new nightly themes for our BLU Buffet (to provide more variety), the Kids Club pricing has been changed to F$10 per 3 hour session, we have a new map/guide to hand out upon arrival and we are considering turning a portion of our ballroom into a teen/adult sports bar with pool tables, video games, internet cafe and more.

Please give us another chance and visit the Radisson Blu Resort Fiji again. Our incredible staff and our amazing lagoon pools are eager to welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed at this resort for a week for our honeymoon. It was a great choice! Very beautiful and romantic.
Check-in was easy, and our room had a very comfortable king-size bed.
Amazing sunsets every night, and a man would play a guitar and sing every night at the pizza/chicken restaurant (which was delicious) by the ocean.
The entire resort is very immaculate - clean, lots of greenery, and the pools are great. There is an adult-only pool that was surrounded by sand and trees. Very peaceful and relaxing.
The pool bar had 2-for-1 drinks every day from 2-4, and there were some really good drinks! The Toblerone was the best!
Staff was very friendly. The only downfall is that it was expensive to use the computers/internet they had at the hotel. I took a bus into Nadi Town to use a cheap internet cafe there instead. You can stand on the street and wait for a bus to come by, which will take you to Nadi for really cheap.
There is a tour desk at the resort as well, and the lady was very helpful - she helped me book an island tour and a tour of the main island as well.

We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JodyDL

Bula "JodyDL".

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Resort Fiji for your honeymoon and for taking time to post a response. We are very proud to be the #1 ranked hotel on Denarau Island on TripAdvisor. So we love to see 5 stars!

And a special thank you for recognizing our friendly staff and for pointing out some other highlights such as Neptune's, our beds, the guitarist and the tour desk. I also love the Toblerone but must drink them in moderation!

Good news, I just signed a contract to provide complimentary WiFi throughout the entire resort for all registered guests. This change should happen by end of August!

I sincerely hope you will visit the Radisson Blu Resort Fiji again, perhaps to celebrate your first anniversary?!?

Reviewed 17 May 2012

My husband and I went there for our honeymoon in March 2012. We had an AMAZING time. The people were the nicest I've ever encountered at a hotel. They always went above and beyond. Housekeeping did a great job at cleaning our room and putting nice little touches in the room with flowers as well. I can't tell you how much we needed a relaxing vacation like this place. They have a lot to offer anyone who visits there. I loved that we could just charge our food we bought to our room but I wish it was more of an all inclusive. Which I understand may be hard to do that and if I wanted that I should have booked at an all inclusive resort. I would highly recommend this hotel if anyone goes to Fiji. Would go back in a heartbeat!

Thank you to everyone! Losalini and Mere were excellent with any questions I had regarding our stay prior to arriving. Made me feel more comfortable about going there before we arrived.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trav21ler
David R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

Bula "huv21".

Congratulations on your recent marriage and thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Resort Fiji for your honeymoon. I'm so glad to hear you found the experience AMAZING!

And thank you for commenting about our staff overall and housekeeping in particular. For mentioning Losalini and Mere by name, they will receive Rad Rewards which they can redeem for movie tickets, meals and more. They are our real superstars!

I'm a graduate of Michigan State's hotel management school...so I see you are fellow Michiganders. I sure wish we had a chance to meet during your stay. Perhaps next time!

Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here four nights in the one bedroom suite from 11.5 - 16.5. Most beautiful resort ! And absolutely beautiful pools! Very clean resort and room was immaculately clean! However I found the service to vary a lot ! I asked for the tv to be fixed from from one extreme to another. The first night , took two phone calls for someone to come ! Then the next day it didn't work again after several calls each day and visits to fix it as soon as staff left the tv wouldn't work in the end I gave up! The food was ok at neptunes and by the pool However took my mum to cross restraunt at the hotel after reading good reviews and this was for mothers day. The food was very nice however the service by female staff was terrible! Not even a hello or goodbye. And on entering there was a stuff up and they had is down for 4 though there was only two of us travelling, so we were seated on the table set for four, staff had been told it was just us two, so was quite Anoyed when after we were seated and given our drinks when we were asked to move. I really was looking forward to treating my mum at Cross but left feeling dissapointed and felt more like I was a hassle to be eating there! The lunch buffet was terrible to be honest and I did not go back ,guess that's why very small amount of people aet there.I also found a hair in the corn salad. Not worth the $$$$. The water court was great absolutely loved the food and the staff were so happy and cheery would definitely eat there again! Was dissapointed no computers to use as not every one takes a laptop away with them. I loved the resort and would be a shame for it to go downhill as other people there also said the food and service was lacking would be a shame as resort is set on beautiful grounds. I must say one of the younger girls were u book Rosie holidays for day trips was very nice and the men especially the older man that stands at entrance to hotel check in was very nice and always was friendly and smiled . I would definitely stay here again but I recommend the radisson improves the food options .

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Am1410

Bula "Am1410".

Vinaka for taking time to post a response regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Resort Fiji. We are very proud of our #1 TripAdvisor ranking amongst Denarau resorts. But as you point out, we must constantly work at it!

Thank you for your many positive comments regarding the pools, gardens, CROSS food, Water Court restaurant, Neptunes and more. And thank you for your feedback on how to improve. Our new Training Manager starts on Monday and will provide a more structured way to train and monitor service levels. And the Chef and I are always looking at ways to improve the food.

Your comment about having no computers puzzles me. We have a business centre (with three computers) on the 4th floor. So obviously we need to better communicate their existence. But I hope to move these computers to a space closer to the lobby soon.

The staff here are very proud and deserve another chance to show you why we are so highly rated. So please visit us again in our little corner of paradise.

Vinaka Vakelevu.