Algotels
Go to your Happy Price
Daniel S
Ocean View room - great experience
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Sept 2019via mobile
We’ve been staying here since Monday afternoon. On arrival, staff were very friendly and accommodating. The grounds are convenient with great pool options (all ages and adults pools, both are very good) and breakfast, lunch or dinner served on the sand dining area. The staff are amazing - all so friendly and willing to help. We are already planning to return next year to the Westin.
Date of stay: September 2019Trip type: Travelled as a couple
  • Vio.com
4.2 km from The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa, Fiji
View more hotels in Denarau Island
3,390 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 September 2019

We are fortunate to have travelled to Fiji many many times, and usually seek accomodation as an over nighter on our way out to the islands or yassawa’s
We have stayed at quite a few resorts in Nadi and Denerau over time.
This was not your cheap 1 night stay hotel,so I had moderate expectations of this resort and our room.

Staff were friendly and even though it was early evening when we arrived check in was hassle free,there were no other guests at check in.

The room was clean and tidy,how ever the wooden sliding doors to the balcony needed a serious service ,I struggled to open both doors ,and in the end re closed them due to the effort needed to open and close,they needed a carpenter to look at them in my opinion ,and no I’m not 90 and a frail old man.
I explained this in the survey I received from Westin ,and commented that I would have thought an issuie like that would have been reported maybe by the cleaners to maintenance as part of what I’d have expected was their check system.
I also felt that the bathroom was over due for a refurbishment, they had aged imo.
On a positive note the bed was very comfortable.

Dinner at the main restaurant was ok, even though the staff were friendly ,I got the impression that some of them had been doing this for so long that it had just become zombie Groundhog Day .

We left fairly early 7 .30 the next day ,thought I would grab a coffee from the only just opened bakery , they have a great coffee machine here ,they just need to train the staff on how to make a decent coffee,instead of hot milk, check out was fairly slow for some reason, and we were the only guests checking out.
I’m not a negative poster on TA ,and do know Fiji and Fiji time vey well,I don’t like posting negative reviews as this can reflect a little back towards the Fijian staff,,and as we all know the Fijian people are fantastically friendly,but maybe certain areas of quality control,could be tidy’d up a little time management.

Vinaka
Craig Nz

1  Thank stransky
Foziana, Loyalty Manager at The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa, Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2019

Dear Craig,
Thank you for your candid review. We truly appreciate your comments on our staff friendliness. I am glad to hear that you found our beds to be very comfortable.
I regret the issues that you experienced at our restaurants as well as the sliding door of the balcony. I assure you that your feedback has been taken on board and has been shared with the relevant departmental leaders in an effort to minimize the potential of recurrence.
Thank you once again for selecting our property. We sincerely hope we can welcome you back, and look forward to connecting with you soon.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 24 September 2019

On first arrival it was stunning, the pool areas and the entrance are an awesome sight, and the staff were all helpful and friendly.

As soon as we got the the room it was a huge let down from there. Tired an dated, with some of the smallest, most uncomfortable Double beds I've seen, closer to a king single and a mattress that just about swallows you whole! The room itself was a decent size and we paid for an Ocean view, which was gorgeous, but for the price we paid, almost NZD$400 for 1 night including breakfast, it was not worth it. We paid less per night for 5* hotel in Singapore on the same trip that was 10x better!

We only stayed the one night as we were connecting through Fiji to Singapore, and travelling with a toddler, so ordered room service. It came 30 mins later than the 45mins we were told it would take, was cold and soggy. We only ordered basic club sandwhich and burgers as we were tired but only half got eaten as it was so unappetizing.

Breakfast buffet wasn't much better, poor choice and things not covered or labeled. The only saving grace of the resort was the staff, they were all so lovely I could almost forget how ripped off I felt. Not somewhere I would recommend to my clients in future.

Room tip: Stay at another resort
2  Thank laura m
Foziana, Loyalty Manager at The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa, Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2019

Dear laura m,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed to hear that you had an unpleasant stay with us and would definitely appreciate the opportunity to speak with you more about your stay. Please know that these occurrences are not reflective of our standards and we will definitely address these matters with our team involved. Would you kindly send your contact information to Foziana.Nisha@marriott.com. Thank you again for you review and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 23 September 2019

We sat at the sunset bar and received fantastic quality service from newly appointed bar tender Mosese. This because of fast and friendly service. Great night thanks to Mosese.

From the Griffith family

Trip type: Travelled with family
Foziana, Loyalty Manager at The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa, Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2019

Bula Vinaka Stu34189,
Warm greetings from all of us here. Thank you for choosing Westin as your holiday destination. It was pleasure having you with us. We truly appreciate your great feedback and Mosese is thrilled to hear from you.
Vinaka

Reviewed 23 September 2019 via mobile

Good location. Good layout. Nice staff. The downfall of our stay was the state of the room. Although clean enough it was getting VERY dated and in need of renovation. We upgraded when booking to a room with a sea view and paid the extra. Thought we would have ended up in a nice room but were disappointed with the aged state of the room. Although a good size, well appointed, it was disappointing for a Westin to let their quality slip. Stayed at many Westin’s and this needs a visit and inspection from their top area management. For the money I think you can do better in the area.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank KingyOE

Dear KingyOE, Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating.I will share your feedback with relevant team members to address these immediately. I am also pleased to announce that renovations are in pipeline.
I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at [Foziana.Nisha@marriott.com] if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our hotel!
With much appreciation,

Reviewed 22 September 2019

We were upgraded to a room with a plunge pool which was AMAZING! The pools and restaurants are great. Denarau is a great spot to stay given there are lots of other resorts around for some variety. The spa is lovely and really good value

Bula alicefay4,
Thank you for your review. It was truly a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am glad you enjoyed the upgrade.
Our Heavenly Spa boasts as one of the most sophisticated spa in Fiji, this carefully constructed facility features a beautiful authentic design, a lush and peaceful environment, luxurious spa amenities and renewing body treatments.
We hope to see you back soon to enjoy more of the sun, sea and the smiles!
Warm Regards,