All reviews bedroom villa flying fish family holiday kids club seafront villa lagoon pool bula bus edge bar washing machine pizza own bathroom feast restaurant three bedroom sheraton denarau mum and dad great family great holiday
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Our third stay at the Sheraton Villas and our 21st at Sheraton Fiji Resort. From our arrival at reception to be greated by smiling, warm friendly staff you start to feel totally relaxed!

Our villa was ground floor overlooking the pool for the little extra this is well worthwhile. Although the Villas are spacious and well equipped (for a family) they are starting to appear a little tired and could use an upgrade!
We enjoyed our breakfast everyday at the Sheraton, huge selection and regularly replenished by smiling friendly staff. We ate several times at Feast, good food but a little on the expensive side for a buffet. Another dinner was at Ports O Call - an excellent top class restaurant, with excellent menu selection and served by professional and attentive staff. We ate at Flying Fish and thoroughly enjoyed a wonderful dinner here on New Years Eve. The senior lady on the floor here is friendly, a nothing is too much trouble attitude and very professional. She is a credit to the Sheraton. The fire works on New Years Eve is absolutely amazing and a credit to the Sheraton Fiji. Through the activites centre we booked a cabin cruiser to take us snorkling out on the reef and trawling for fish, although we did not catch anything, he highlight was to have approx a dozen dophins swimming and diving alongside the boat for about 40 minutes. During our stay we also took the bula bus to the port and dined at the seafood restaurant and enjoyed drinks at Hard Rock Cafe.
Our family flew back to Australia and we moved into the Sheraton Fiji for the last days enjoying Feast Restaurant and the Adults Only Pool.
The Sheraton Fiji management have done a great job of getting back to normal operations with attending to the gardens and buildings after the recent damaging cyclone.
Another truly amazing holiay, we will be back again.

Room Tip: Villas 905-906. Villas 903-904 and any Ocean Front Room at Sheraton Fiji Resort on the 1st floor in the two wings closet to each side of main reception building
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Pamela B
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Denarau Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

Dear Pamela B,
Warmest greetings from Sheraton Denarau Villas!

On behalf of our entire team, I’d like to extend a heartfelt thank you for choosing Sheraton Denarau Villas and Sheraton Fiji Resort as your Fiji holiday destination for the past 21 years!

I was delighted to hear that you had another wonderful family holiday and that you particularly enjoyed our fabulous New Years Eve fireworks display on the Sheraton beachfront!

The refurbishment program at the Sheraton Denarau Villas has commenced, so please do contact us prior to your next stay so that we can ensure you experience first-hand our villa enhancements. I sincerely appreciate your high recommendations of our resorts and above all, your loyalty. Kind regards, Scott MacDonald

Reviewed 11 January 2013

We were booked into a 2 bedroom villa. We had consistent problems with not being able to get in-house movies. After complaining 5 times, they gave us an upgrade to and finally they worked. It could have been a fault resulting from the recent cyclone - who knows. One other minor matter that drove us crazy was that our room keys persistently stopped working for no obvious reason. We must of gone through about 10 cards over the week. Overall however the Sheraton staff helped us move rooms and made our stay finally very enjoyable. Given that the resort suffered a major cyclone only 3 weeks prior, credit should go to the staff for fixing the place up as quickly as they did.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Hazz123

Dear Hazz123,
Thank you for your review and for choosing the Sheraton Denarau Villas for your recent getaway. I was disappointed to learn of the inoperable faults you mentioned. Although these issues were resolved, I apologise for the inconvenience that you experienced. Your feedback is appreciated and assists us improve our service. We hope to welcome you back in the near future so that you are able to see our improvements first hand and so that we may provide you with another memorable stay. Kind regards, Scott MacDonald

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Overall I had a very nice stay at the Sheraton. I wanted somewhere relaxing, a nice room and to be instantly on island time and this is what I got. The staff were very friendly and helpful but a few things spoiled it and therefore I gave it an overall 4 star review.

I'll get these ones out of the way so I don't sound like I'm just a whining Aussie!

Cons:
I booked and paid for upfront, a 3 bedroom sea front villa with 2 friends well before the cyclone and we arrived at least 2 weeks after it. When we arrived we were told that our 3 bedroom villa was not available until 4 days into our stay "Due to the cyclone" and would 2 of us mind sharing one bedroom and get a refund of $300? After restating - yes we would mind - as we were all single travelers - and some very uncomfortable silences and a 10 minute wait in the lobby while talks took place somewhere - we were finally given the option of 2 two bedroom villas. One overlooking the garden and the other with a sea view until we could move into the 3 bedroom villa for the last 3 days of our holiday. We were looking forward to all being together. Not a good start.
Now I really have a lot admiration for the remarkable staff at how much work it must have taken to clean everything up after the cyclone. I was really impressed at how tidy the resort was and back to business as usual - but why wasn't a second villa immediately offered without us insisting for an alternative and why weren't we informed until after we arrived? This is a 5 star resort.The only compensation we got was a free cocktail in the bar while we were waiting half an hour for our new room arrangements to be confirmed. If you are asked to sit on the couch, offered a fruit drink and told to wait for the manager - get ready to negotiate!

When I finally checked into the room I found that a blind was missing in my bedroom window which looked out over a ground level garden. (someone must have just forgotten to put the blind back up after the clean up) A new one was put up very quickly. Both villas power kept getting cut off if you did something minor like plug in your phone charger or turn on a lamp.We got very good at just switching the fuse back on. There were also a few missing light bulbs. The microwave turn table plate was missing and was replaced. I'm sure these were legit cyclone issues.

The water pressure in the shower wasn't great. No biggie. Somewhere to dry your swimmers (not just the retractable shower line in the bathroom) would have been convenient.

I had a bout of food poisoning straight after eating at one of the small take away eateries in the resort. I'm pretty sure it was from a smoked salmon bagel. The resort sent a doctor over very quickly but I was acutely ill. I recovered145 Fijian dollars later.

Maybe it was who made it and not a reflection of the overall quality, but the cocktails seemed a little watered down. Other people at the resort we spoke to also commented on this.

The Feast Restaurant buffet dinner was ludicrously expensive. It cost $340 Fijian for 3 people.
We enjoyed eating most nights up at the Marina which cost far less. At least half. Go to Lulus (Bottoms Up) for a friendly and relaxed vibe and the BEST cocktails on the island as well as some delicious cheap food. In fact the Marina is great for meal in general. Check if the price includes or excludes the 20% service tax to avoid a nasty surprise when paying the bill.

Pros:
Despite the gardens looking - well like a huge cyclone had come and gone - the rooms were very clean, roomy and comfy.

The pools were very clean and not too crowded most of the time.
The Adults Only Pool was my favourite place to have swim. It might be a little small compared to the others but it offers more shade and is lovely and quiet. It was great to escape noisy kids and the "Club Med" feel if you felt a bit over it.

Security is top notch but friendly and everyone from the manager down LOVE kids. Its a child's paradise in Fiji and at the Sheraton. They are made to feel very special. I saw a child crying leaving the kids club because it was his last day. I can really see why families choose it over other pacific islands. The kids treated very well = happy parents

The water sports on offer were really good and pretty reasonable in price. We did Para-sailing and Banana Boat (with photos of us about to fall off for sale) and the guys in charge were a scream! Other guests recommended the Ski Jet Safari.

Catch the Bula bus up to the Marina for 21 Fijian dollars for unlimited rides over 4 days. It stops at all the major resorts and takes is about a 10 minute ride but its great fun and you might be lucky enough to be serenaded by a couple of excellent singers! You can also get a $5 tax ride if that's not your cup of tea. .

The beach isn't like Aussie Bondi! But the view and sea air make up for it.

The New Years Eve fireworks were really impressive. I was expecting a few sparkers but these rivaled Sydney Harbour. No kidding! Well done Sheraton!

The staff at the resort entrance and at the desk were great. Nothing was too much of a problem and their smiles were always appreciated and returned!

The Flying Fish restaurant was our treat to ourselves for our last night. What beautiful food, service and ambiance. I'd go there again in a heartbeat. Its a little on the pricey side (but nowhere near the amount of The Feast Buffet) but more than worth it. My friend is a vegan and they even made her a lovely rissotto as an alternative to the vegetarian dish on the menu. Make sure you go.

The buffet breakfast was very good but we only tried it once. We saved money making breakfast in our kitchen and eating brunch up at the Marina. There is a small grocery store on the same road along the resort entrance where you can get some basic supplies. There is also a pizza/sandwich shop that make most spectacular thick shakes and smoothies at half the resort price.

We had a massage and facial at the Medi Spa across from the grocery store and next to the driveway of the golf club. Much cheaper than the resort spa (which was based at the Westin and got blown down in the cyclone) and as a result, they could only offer "in house" massages. Not their fault!

Make sure you get away from the resort and experience a bit of the "Real Fiji" We did a Cultural Tour which we booked at the tourist desks in the lobby. This tour took us to Nadi, across the island to a village on the east side and a white sand beach for a swim after. Our guide was lovely and I'm really glad I saw more than one side of Fiji and didn't just let the resort and tourist traps be my only Fiji experience.

In conclusion, I think the Sheraton Villas are the pick of the resort and resorts in general on Denarau Island. If you are traveling with a group or family they would be ideal.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a Sea Front room. It really is worth it for the view alone.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank F J
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Denarau Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Dear F J,

One of the main purposes of online reviews is to highlight the areas for us to improve on. As we take all feedback seriously, your comments have been shared with our management team to ensure we constantly deliver our usual high level of service. Above all I am pleased that you enjoyed the resort facilities, restaurants, friendliness of our team as well as our spectacular New Years Eve fireworks display! We do hope you will visit us again for another relaxing vacation! Kind regards, Scott MacDonald

Reviewed 13 December 2012 via mobile

Overall fantastic resort.

3 Bedroom villa was magnificent, spacious and homely.

Rooms were cleaned perfectly and faults reported for TV's (x2 out of 3 didn't work on arrival!) repaired with speed. To be expected the Internet is painfully slow and was down 24hrs after a storm.

Pool areas were well maintained and to be enjoyed, pool around the villas is preferably to the main hotel pool. Look out for $$$ expensive drink at The Wet Edge.

Eating at the resort is very expensive and most people try first night and then visit the Port or Nadi. Feast is offered at 50% for first night and $5 for kids, still approx $140 Fiji! Breakfast is $40+, try it once then go to the pantry for coffee and eat in your villa on the balcony.

Staff are very friendly and nothing too much.

Try the 18 hole crazy golf and bungi over the road, $21 for golf $15 for bungi. Good fun and the Kiwi guy running is great value and throws in a couple of drinks and frozen face washers.

Overall highly recommend the Seafront Villa's worth the little extra! Great trip

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Tommygunn01
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Denarau Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Bula Tommygunn01,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying at Sheraton Denarau Villas for your Fijian getaway. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of your room, the service provided by our team and also the quality of our restaurants. It is unfortunate that the food and beverage pricings did not meet your expectations, although I am pleased that you found some alternative dining options that suited you. We do hope you will visit us again! Warm regards, Scott MacDonald

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Stayed in an oceanfront villa for 8 days late November and can not complain about anything. The villas are spacious and well set out. There are 2 large bedrooms that can be closed off with a small kitchen, lounge room and dining room between the bedrooms. The view was fantastic and staff happy and obliging.
As there were 4 adults and 2 children we caught a taxi into Port Denarau for FD 5 where the Bula bus was FD 7 per person although for all day. We went to the Port for 4 dinners and had 4 dinners at the Westin or Sheraton. The dinners at the hotels were good but Moo Moos at the Westin was overpriced.Both bands at The Sheraton and Westin were good but the band at the Westin was slightly better than the Sheraton band.
The Wifi in the Villa was a bit dodgy for the last 3 days but you could always connect if you went to the computer room.
I can recommend the villas and the Sheraton for a pleasant relaxing holiday. Just be aware that the prices for meals in the Port or at the hotels are similiar to Australian prices.
We booked a taxi through Sheraton directly and it cost FD55 for 4 adults and 2 children. On the way from the airport we asked the driver to take us to a supermarket and he took us to one which was not too far from the airport where we were able to buy some food for use in the Villa at very reasonable prices. We also stocked up at a supermarket in Nandi a few days later.
Unfortunately one of the adults in our party needed to see a Doctor and the one recommended by the Sheraton was very good which was a relief.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JABGoldCoast
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Denarau Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Bula JABgoldcoast,
Thank you for your compliments and recommendation of Sheraton Denarau Villas. My team and I are very happy that you enjoyed a memorable stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Fiji! Warm regards, Scott MacDonald