“Convenient and affordable”
other travellers have booked this property
Exterior view Exterior view
Map El junque Location
Los Machos Beach-Ceiba
Map showing route from La Mirada to Ferry in Fajardo
Charco Frio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Spanish first
Any
ncardenas...
“Cute is NOT the word to use for this rental”
Reviewed 2 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

Let me start by saying, I was raised in a small town on a farm to a middle-class family so I’m not thrilled by fancy sleeping quarters. I am all about enjoying the experience and not the materialistic things; however, I do expect everyday necessities, i.e., cleanliness, hot water, and responsiveness.

First, when we met to pick up the keys I was shocked that the listing stated 1-4 person accommodations – this is a true minimum of two people (with maybe a small child).

Second, the fact that there was no hot water is NOT acceptable accommodations, nor is it advertised in your listing. My boyfriend (bless his soul for his patience), reached out to the property owner several times on various different days, and NOT one response. We learned later from a REVIEW that there was no hot water; however, a response from the property manager would have been appreciated. We couldn’t disinfect the dirty dishes provided to us from the property owner because we had no hot water.

In addition, when we arrived she noticed our son and said she would provide bedding for the futon. We headed out immediately for a lighthouse tour and anticipated the bedding would be onsite upon our return, but we later learned that would be too much to ask. We did not receive the bedding until later in the day after my boyfriend sent the property manager a text. I started to make the futon and noticed wet food and white like drool stains on the comforter. I was disgusted that somebody would pull dirty bedding to provide to a rental customer. I was sad for my son because he was an innocent victim that has never experienced the unpleasant behavior of someone to just make a dollar. The pillow on the couch had blood stains (my boyfriend took a pic).

Bottom-line, I am not trying to ruin the owners rental racketeer, but there are standards that people expect and the standards of this rental unit are well below par. I would just recommend that you TRUTHFULLY advertise the unit. One night we stayed in a local hostel that provided better accommodations to include hot water then this rental property. I have stayed in Motel 6 like hotels that I would give at least 3 stars, but this place is well below one star.

If you enjoy slumming it and dirty dishes, not hot water and dirty bedding STAY HERE…

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Free WiFi
Liked least: everything
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
9 Apr 2016
Dear guest,
As you have negatively reviewed my listing on trip advisor it is my duty to address your complaints and attempt to resolve them if warranted for future guests not to share in your experience.
I will try to address each of your complaints as stated in your review.
Please note that you and your boyfriend each left a separate review for the same stay so there a 2 reviews posted with similar complaints.
To address…,” I do expect everyday necessities, i.e., cleanliness, hot water, and responsiveness.” I pride myself on providing the everyday necessities that are advertised and have not failed in any way to do so. When you checked into the apt. I was with you and you were asked if everything was to your satisfaction, to which you responded affirmatively. You were also told to contact me if there were any problems and you never did. If you had done so during your stay it could have been addressed. You showed up to check in with an extra person that was not listed on the reservation (your son) and of course the apartment had previously been made ready for 2 persons as per your reservation. Within 5 minutes bedding was sent to your unit for the futon to be utilized as a bed for him. Not because of some nonexistent text. Unless of course you texted someone else in error. There was no one present in the unit and the bedding was left on the futon in case you needed it (again, within 5 minutes). The futon folds flat to become a full sized bed and yes a full size bed can accommodate 2 people depending on size which means in addition to the full sized bed in the bedroom that would add up to 4 persons for that unit. The advertisement clearly states this and there are pics of everything in the units complete with descriptions. What you see is exactly what you get. No pretense necessary and no surprises. All of the information is there complete with photos so that potential guests are aware of the accommodations. I do believe if anything were different it would have been revealed in previous reviews.
You mentioned that “I started to make the futon and noticed wet food and white like drool stains on the comforter. I was disgusted that somebody would pull dirty bedding to provide to a rental customer.” I too would be appalled if this happened to me and certainly shocked to see something like this in a property that I manage. Unfortunately I was not notified and certainly was not afforded the opportunity to see such a problem hence deal with it. Upon any guest checking out, All bedding is removed from the beds whether used or not and laundered/cleaned which would make it impossible to provide a customer with bedding with wet food and or drool stains. The pillow on the couch is a decorative pillow which is not laundered that is simply not done with decorative pillows but yet I have not been able to observe the bloodstain to which you refer. I read in your review that “your boyfriend reached out to the property owner several times on various different days, and NOT one response”… but yet I can find no record of any communication from you or your boyfriend to collaborate this and have no recollection of any verbal/written requests from either of you. Forgive me for drawing any conclusions based on this but it does seem strange.
“We couldn’t disinfect the dirty dishes provided to us from the property owner because we had no hot water.”… To address this I will echo what I stated in response to your boyfriends subsequent review for the same stay: I am surprised you did not alert me to that fact. If it were indeed in the condition you stated a simple text message could have had that issue resolved immediately. You certainly would not be expected to clean your silverware on its initial use but that you would begin your stay with clean silverware and I clearly remember asking if everything was to your satisfaction and you replied yes. I clearly remember telling you if there were any problems to alert me and until reading your review had been unaware of any problems.
In your review you stated “Finally, this is not a middle-class neighbor this is borderline ghetto (yes, I know this PR but I don't stay in the ghetto in Mexico - poorly advertised). This is not an area I felt safe to walk anywhere to as stated in the property managers description. I did not feel safe allowing my son to walk around the neighborhood. I did not feel safe while I was sleeping. I’m not sure of Trip Advisors Rules, but this property should not be listed on ANY website as a rental. Bottom-line, I am not trying to ruin the owners rental racketeer, but there are standards that people expect and the standards of this rental unit are well below par. I would just recommend that you TRUTHFULLY advertise the unit.”
I will respond to this with one comment. There are many other reviews on this property, surely yours couldn’t possibly be the correct one and all the other guests be the wrong ones. I stand behind my listing with confidence and have many repeat guests. As a matter of fact the unit you stayed in is currently occupied by a repeat guest…and with no complaints.
baoz
Greensboro,Nc
“Owner was nice, but rental unit had a couple of problems”
Reviewed 25 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Pros & Cons:
Pro - 1. Owner Angelissa was nice and tried to be helpful which is why I am rating this rental unit a average instead of poor.
Con - 1. There is no hot water available in the unit at all - I asked Angelissa why and she said that is why she does not put "heated water" in her unit description because there isn't any. Probably would be ok for some travelers, but I really like at least a little hot water when I shower in the morning to relax and loosen up my muscles for a day of active activities.
Con- 2. Biting Mosquitoes were prevalent here due to the neighbors who did not keep up their yards - not Angelissa's fault, but still not a comfortable stay.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
26 Jan 2016
Thank you for your review. I would like to point out that you checked in to the apartment at night between 7-8pm and left the door wide open for an extended period while your husband made multiple trips back and forth from your car in the street to the apartment, a fact that your husband admitted to when I came to investigate your complaint of mosquitoes in the apartment. At night in Puerto Rico and many places worldwide, during the rainy season mosquitoes come out at night and it is prudent not to keep your doors open and give the mosquitoes a chance to come into a residence. The apartments are equipped with window screens in case windows are left open but if the door is left open there is no way to keep mosquitoes out.
The 2nd problem with the hot water is another thing. I received a call from you close to midnight about not having hot water in the apartment and while every effort is made to handle emergency situations promptly, not having hot water in Puerto Rico where the water temperatures at their coldest would be no lower than 74 degrees is I believe safe to say not considered an emergency that needs to be handled at such a late hour (close to midnight). The water temperature is in the 80’s most of the time and does not require heating. There is a water heater on the premises that would be turned on only for special circumstances and although I do not perform maintenance at the apartment I attempted to turn on the water heater just to accommodate you and thought all was fine. This was the initial night and you spent 2 additional nights and never advised me that what I did was ineffective. Had you alerted me to the fact that you still had no hot water I could have put in an on demand shower heater for your unit. I’m sorry you did not alert me to this fact but there really is nothing I can do for your discomfort without having prior knowledge.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
svserendi...
Murphy, North Carolina
“Convenient and affordable”
Reviewed 10 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

We were not on vacation, but returning to our boat, which we had stored at nearby Puerto del Rey Marina for hurricane season. It takes several days of work in the boatyard before we can launch, and La Mirada was the perfect location for us, only a few minutes away by car. We just needed a place to rest, shower and relax, and cook a meal (to save money like many cruising sailors we don't eat out much). The apartment was ideal, well equipped and organized, and very clean and well cared for. For someone who is looking for convenience and affordability close to Puerto del Rey or Fajardo, I do not think you could find a better accommodation.

Liked best: Convenient location
26 Jan 2016
Thank you for your review. Looking forward to hosting you again in the near future.
827craig
Largo, Florida
“Clean place, Great host”
Reviewed 22 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed in a nice 1 bedroom apartment in a typical middle class neighborhood of Puerto Rico. We picked the place because it was close to attractions on the east side of the island. Our host gave us much valuable guidance on the area and made us feel comfortable. We would definitely stay there again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cleanliness and the friendly hosts.
Liked least: Not enough shade trees in the neigborhood or on the property.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
16 Oct 2015
Thank you for your review. We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

andrelis2...
Apopka, Florida
“Great price, people and location.”
Reviewed 15 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I stayed at Mirada studios August, 2015 with my daughter for 3 days. The owner Jelly and her family treated us like we were at home and showed us how to use the cable, internet and showed us the studio. The house is divided in three parts: one part is where the owner lives with her family and the other two are studios for rent. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the studio looked exactly as in the pictures. The studio had a clean and comfortable bed for two, refrigerator, gas stove, sink, utensils, coffee maker, toaster, microwave table and chairs for two, soft and clean towels, shampoo and conditioner. The studio also had a mop, broom and water hose to help us clean and remove our sand. The property even had a fenced parking for two vehicles. I parked my car outside during the day but at night the car was parked inside because it was a rental. The studio even had a laundry room with a washer and dryer for a fee. Jelly and her family were always available if we needed anything. We send her mainly texts but she said we could call or knock on her door. We traveled there to go to Vieques, Culebra and el Yunque. I recommend buying your tickets to the islands early in advance or showing at the ferry very early. Some people had to take the 4:00 AM ferry and had to stay because they didn't have any vacancy to come back at 5:00 PM. The only reason we made it to get in the ferry was because a family of 7 bought tickets months in advance and 2 of them cancelled and the lady started saying "I have two tickets for Culebra" and I bought them immediately. The trips for Vieques were also booked with no return so you also had to stay. I spend my last day in el Yunque. The studio was clean, comfortable and had everything you need and more. The neighborhood was peaceful, safe and close to everything (Walgreens, Avis rental car, Amigos supermarket, bakeries, gas stations, etc). We had a great time and Jelly and her family made our stay comfortable and pleasant. I will love to stay here again in the future this time with my husband.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the price.
Liked least: The studio is a little small but good for us since we were only two people.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
16 Oct 2015
Thank you for your review. it would be a pleasure to have you stay again in the future and we look forward to being part of a wonderful island experience.

Management
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing