“Great Tours!”

Enchanted Island Eco Tours
Ranked #1 of 56 Tours in Fajardo
More attraction details
Owner description: Enchanted Island Eco Tours is the Original Outfitter of the Bioluminescent Lagoon Kayak Adventure! Since 1997 Trust in the Experience! Don't Settle for less than the Original!
New York, NY
“Great Tours!”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Me and my family visited PR for the holidays and we signed up with Enchanted Islands for the El Yunque tour and the Bio Bay. Both were fantastic and extremely informative. The prices were competitive with other tours and we had a great time!

Visited December 2011

westchester
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Not What I had hope for...”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The owner and guides were well informed and passionate about preserving the ecology of the area. The "adventure" was well planned and executed. We began paddling about 8:00 pm. It was too dark to see the mangroves. The birds on Bird Island had either flown away or were sound asleep as were the fish "that look like shooting stars as they swim through the thick(?) concentration of Dinoflagellates." Unfortunately most of the bioluminescent organisms weren't cooperating. They must have been on vacation.

1 Thank WestchesterMike
Millerspor
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“I was so disappointed!”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I heard about the bioluminescent tour about 12 years ago and had always hoped to exerience it. When my husband and I took a cruise to San Juan, I knew that this was my only opportunity to see the wonder I had heard about so many years ago. The excursion was expensive through our ship, but we decided to "just do it!" The owner and his guide were great guys. The bus ride was interesting and lead through the San Juan we wouldn't have seen from the port. The kayaking was fun, but when we got to the lagoon, no glow! I can't tell you how disappointed I was. I told my husband that if I were a young girl I would have cried. We were told many excuses such as, it had been too cloudy, too cold, and it was a full moon that night. So why did they not just cancel the tour and we would have saved close to $250.00? I would hope that you will take this opportunity to make it right. My husband and I (and those we sat around on the bus) feel that we were scammed.

2 Thank Judy2Hedge
Cleveland, Ohio
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 202 helpful votes
“A fun trip!”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We were in Puerto Rico for a business trip. Since there are only a few places in the world that have bioluminescent waters, we decided this was a must do for us. Our trip began with our departure from the Wyndham at 4:30. It was about a 30-45 minute drive to our destination. We were introduced to our tour guides and then waited for the other people who were going on our tour to arrive.

The tour guides were extremely personable and entertaining. They also took everyone through all the safety measures of kayacking, so for those who have never done it before, no worries! They were very thorough. I was terrified about flipping the Kayak. Even though I have Kayaked before I didn't want to find myself in the water in the dark. The idea just freaks me out. Needless to say, my husband and I managed to make the trip with a lot of laughs and and without landing ourselves in the water! You do get wet on this trip, but it was just where we were sitting. We didn't have any problems with bug bites but that is likely due to the fact that they give you bug spray prior to heading out. So, as an FYI do not put your own bug spray on prior to the trip unless it is biodegradable. I thought this was a nice touch.
The guides were all very nice and it was a very informative trip overall. I was slighly disappointed as what I conjured up in my mind was a little different than what our experience was. Although we did see the bioluminesence, I thought it would be more or brighter than what it was. The guide did say that you can see more in the summer months than in the winter months due to the sun being out for longer periods of time.
I am not really sure how long we were in the Kayak's for as I didn't bring my watch but it was a long trip as we didn't get back to our hotel until 10pm. We wished that the trip hadn't been so long. I can account 1 1/2 hours for the travel time and around 2 hours for the actual kayaking but we were waiting for at least an hour of that time for other people to arrive. I don't think this is of any fault of the tour operator.....I think it mostly has to do with how our company arranged our transportation...but I am not for certain. At any rate, we really did enjoy ourselves. Seeing the Bioluminescent waters was cool and I would recommend to anyone as this is a rare opportunity. Again, can't say anything bad about the tour operator and guides. They made the trip very entertaining!

PS - one last thing...although we didn't take any photo's I don't think they would have shown up any of the bioluminescent waters if we had. NO flash photography is permitted.

maryland
“Amazing and Unforgetable”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

The tour was better than I anticipated. Neither my husband or I ever kayaked before, so we were a bit apprehensive in taking our first steps in the pitch black waters. The tour guys were fantastic in their instructions before we hit the water as well as they kept an eye on our progress throughout the whole time we were paddling away, mesmerized by the beauty of the Lagoon and it's bio-luminescent glow. I would highly recommend this experience and this particular group of people who take great pride and personal responsibility in educating others, while making every effort to protect this fragile ecological system every step of the way.

Visited January 2012