“Good Fish and Arepas Fritas”
Review of Rosa's Sea Food - CLOSED

Rosa's Sea Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Good Fish and Arepas Fritas”
Reviewed 2 February 2009

Good Fish and Arepas Fritas

1 Thank auramarina64

chicago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated”
Reviewed 4 November 2008

Our guide book recommended this as the place to eat in Fajardo. We stayed at the Fajardo Inn which also had a few restaurants. It must be known that in general Fajardo does not have many dining options, especially in low season (we went in October). The menu looked okay, but when we got our food we were less than impressed. The seafood option my husband chose was covered in Mayo and was a small portion of food. My mahi-mahi was cold and lacked the garlic flavor I was expecting. For the prices we really were expecting better. Perhaps there were better items to chose on the menu but I don't think I would go back to this restaurant. When we got back to our hotel we were looking for something else to eat because we were still hungry.

new york
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“u called this food?”
Reviewed 16 May 2008

Spend a few days at fajardo, small town, really not much to do or see there. We choose to stay there due to the convenience to the seaport for ferry to CULEBRA & VIEQUES (both beautiful islas!). First night my husband & I dined at Rosa's since the guide book to PR mention ROSA's as being one of the best seafood restaurants in FAJARDO. As we pulled up to the restaurant, it looked like a really run downed shack but hey we saw a lot of locals entering & exiting that place, so we thought must be good if so many locals are hanging out there. Boy were we wrong. Place is so DIRTY & sticky! My husband order a fish fillet dish & i order a lobster stew. Both tasted like crap & not fresh at all! we were very disappointed by the food, services & the tap was not cheap(2 main course with a beer came out to be $60). Definitely will not recommend this place. Second night we tired another Seafood restaurant call CALIZOS, WOW it was so good we had to go back the 3rd night! So if you do visit FAJARDO do try CALIZOS for your seafood craze. Portions were huge & very very fresh. And our waiters, ALex & Miguel were just phenomenal!

1 Thank mytripadvise4u