“Quiet, safe & clean.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Property Entrance - with garage space for vehichle
living / dining area
Living room with sofa bed
Dining Area
local Cruise ship pier in Falmouth
local Cruise ship pier in Falmouth
Local Glistening Waters Restaurant & Tours
Entrance to gated community
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

nicolewal...
Calgary, Canada
“Quiet, safe & clean.”
Reviewed 1 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

I rented the house for about 3 weeks in January 2017. I am Canadian but spend a lot of time in Jamaica. I've stayed everywhere in Jamaica (many parishes) and all types of lodgings there from 5 star all-inclusives resorts to guest houses and rented several properties, both appartments and houses. I like to explore and move around on vacation but I can honestly say that I enjoyed myself at this rental so much that I NEED to go back! I felt very at home, safe and comfortable. The house looks exactly as it appears in all of the pictures. Getting ahold of the owner was always fast and easy even from the beginning when I had questions for her before booking. This was the first time i rented a place on flipkey and I had a good experience. Everything was seemless. I liked the sense of security of being in a gated community. It also feels a bit fancy having the big electric gate when coming and going! For me, the location is perfect! 5 minute drive to Falmouth (which has stores, markets, cook shops,banks and the cruise ship pier). And in the opposite direction of town is my favorite beach in Jamaica (Burwood Beach). It's a natural, quiet, un-touristy beach, but full of local families on Sundays and holidays which is fun! The lady who cares for the house is available easily by phone call, text and WhatsApp. She met me upon arrival and was immediately available if I needed anything or had questions during my stay. I once had a question about the oven and she was literally at the front door in 5 minutes to help me. The owner, as well as the lady who takes care of the house (Claudia) are both very easy to talk to and casual. When I was first given a tour of the house and given the keys, I was basically given one rule, which was to leave the house as I found it. I love that and it completely made sense! Plenty of rental properties have LONG lists of do's and dont's which makes it hard to relax when you are trying to follow so many rules. The house and yard is clean and well taken care of. The property is big and there is lots of privacy. With being on an extended vacation and having a baby the washing machine was a LIFE SAVER! And the owner does not have any bizarre rules like I've seen on other adds about how many loads of laundry you can do. The neighborhood is extremely quiet, clean and safe. I took many walks (day and night) with my little boy and never had any concerns. Before I arrived in Jamaica, upon asking, the owners connected me with someone who rents out cars for much cheaper than the big airport rental companies. I kept the rental car the entire trip (they even did airport pick up and drop off). The car rental went just as smoothly as the house rental. The house is very clean, tons of channels on the TV, wifi worked perfectly even with several devices connected. The rooms are big, love the open concept floor plan. The kitchen is fully equipped- I did tons of cooking and had everything I needed. Air Conditioning worked perfectly and it's wonderfully FREEEEZING COLD! Checking out was a breeze as well. Claudia came over at the time I requested, took a quick look around the house to make sure things were in order and we were off to the airport. There are many other rental properties in the area but I recommend this place because I had such a great experience and everything went to smoothly. Also this spot has a few extras that many of the other rentals in the area don't have (covered car park,rooftop deck which you can see the cruise ships and sea from, huge covered front veranda with patio set, and A.C in ALL rooms). If you are wanting to stay in the Falmouth area, or wanting to stay somewhere that isn't overcrowded with tourists this is your spot!

1 Feb 2017
Thank you so much for the review and I'm glad everything went well for you. We like to keep things simple and provide a relaxed home from home experience.
We look forward to you returning in the future.
Beverley...
“Great holiday home”
Reviewed 23 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

A great place to stay with your family. We felt truly at home. Lovely balcony and sea view. Will definitely book again. A true home from home experience.

1 Feb 2017
Thank you for the review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Reviewed 27 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
28 Jul 2016
So happy you enjoyed your stay & the positive feedback.
Look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing