Open today: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Book In Advance
Tours from Glistening Waters Luminous Lagoon Tour tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Glistening Waters Luminous Lagoon Tour
from USD 69.98
from USD 49.00
from USD 55.00
from USD 112.49
2,159 results
All reviews boat ride places in the world luminous lagoon full moon micro organisms cool experience fire show once in a lifetime natural phenomenon fish swimming dark water unique experience puerto rico water glowing free rum punch brackish water your feet
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This experience is beyond amazing! We traveled from Negril which was about a 2 hour ride (which is an experience in itself). We should have tried to to the rose hall tour that same day but it was too late. So if you can bundle up the day it would be worth it! We were put into a boat with other people; and it was fine. The captain was funny and to the point. I thought the "lagoon" was going to be this small little place where I could see all the side, which was not the case. It was large and open and dark water. But the blue neon color when anything was disturbed in the water was more than amazing. It was magical and I recommend everyone to do this!! There are only 4 places in the world to do this!! I read that the floor of the sea is mucky so I bought some cheap water shoes at my resort (5$) and wore those just in case. when I jumped in I just decided not to touch the bottom so it was not a big deal. We swarm for about 10-15 minutes which really is good enough to get the feel, conquer any fears (like I have with dark sea water, ha) and enjoy the magnificent earth that we have! It was well worth our drive (and a brake down on the way in montego bay that left us stranded for awhile). we would do this again, we will tell everyone we know to experience this!! WOW! and I almost forgot...wear your swimming suit and jump in! completely different experience than just sitting on the boat!!

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank Rebecca W
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the luminous lagoon during our recent visit to Montego Bay. As the boat ride to the lagoon began, we were a little leery as it was extremely dark and difficult to see. We took the plunge into the dark waters and they immediately lit up. The bluish-green waters were warm and fascinating. As we swam around the lagoon the waters continued to illuminate around us. As we allowed our feet to touch the bottom, it felt super mushy and weird. We soon got use to it. We really enjoyed the experience and would recommend this attraction.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Absolutely fantastic! Definitely a must-see at least once in your life! Although the lagoon is fairly shallow, I couldn't get enough of it! It was super fun to swim in it! They had a photographer on board taking pictures which you could purchase afterwards. We didn't end up purchasing a picture but the experience will forever be etched in our brains!

*Note - we visited this lagoon in February of 2016 but I wasn't able to pick a date that far back.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank seagypsiee
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Had reservations getting in the water at night but OMG!!! INCREDIBLE and a must do tour! Seeing the water glow with your every movement was mesmerizing !!

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank Brent K
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I don't usually do bad reviews but I have to warn my fellow Jamaicans and other potential visitors. Jamaicans get a discount for this tour and with that discount comes a discounted customer service experience. I have been to this location twice and both times the service has been horrible. The first time we arrived late and rushed to the boat. We ignored the bad service because we drove quite a distance to get there. The second time I went so that my boyfriend who loves water activities could have the experience of swimming in the lagoon. The service offered by Ms. B (Don't remember her last name but it begins with a "B") was nothing short of just horrible. There was a group of over 25 persons waiting to be stuffed into the boat and when I stated that 25 persons would make quite a large group she condescendingly asked if we wanted a private charter. We asked for our money back and did not go on the tour. When we asked for a refund she shouted to the staff to "give us back our J$3000 and stormed off like a spoilt child. I accept that $1500 person is not a lot of money but it is better to charge more than to give a discount and bad service. I will NEVER visit or recommend this location. Spend your money elsewhere. If you want to experience the lagoon, use another company.

Date of experience: March 2018