All reviews dorm room pancakes shared bathroom cold beer very pleasant stay enjoyed my stay the owner pollo pedro garden hosts fridge bites cathedral map
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Martina's place is a good central place to stay which is relatively good value. The owners are very friendly and were helpful throughout our stay. Breakfast was simple and tasty.

We stayed in a private room which was okay; appreciate it's a hostel, but the bed was a bit uncomfortable and open windows meant that it could be noisy late at night. The place could have more character too.

Stayed: April 2017
martinasplacehostel, Manager at Hostal Martina's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you for your comment, dear traveller. We are happy you enjoyed in Martina's Place during your visit to Matagalpa.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed hier for four nights. I can really recommend this hostel. The owners Pedro and his family were very friendly and helpful. They offered for breakfast Gallo Pinto or as an alternativ pancakes with fruit salat. Both was fresh an delicious.

Also they lend scooters for a cheap price.
If I would have the chance to come back to Matagalpa I would take this hostel again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
martinasplacehostel, Manager at Hostal Martina's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Thank you for your comment, dear traveller. We are happy you spent good time in our hostel. We are very grateful for your comment about the scooters. Peace & love.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Martina's Place. I stayed in the dormitory, which is clean spacious, and has a nice early morning airy feel. The Hostel is not too far from the main park and cathedral. The owners and staff are friendly and welcoming.
For the breakfast, the offering was one pancake and a cup of coffee. It was good, but as I had a long day in front of me I would have preferred eggs and toast with coffee.
The wifi is decent and the beds are comfortable. There are nice showers and toilets. I definitely staying here for a nice experience.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your comment, dear traveller. Grateful for the time you took to write that nice review. We are happy you had a nice experience. Have a nice trip!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We had a private room with shared bathroom. It was clean, calm and nice.
When we arrived everything in Matagalpa was shown to us on a map, which helped us a lot.
For breakfast you can choose between a hearty (traditional Nica with Gallo Pinto) and sweet variant (Pancakes).

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your review, dear traveller. Gratefull to you for your time writting the review. Have a nice trip!

Reviewed 28 March 2017

I was staying in one of the four person rooms with a shared bathroom. The room was clean, there was hot water in the shower, breakfast was delicious, and the owners were extremely helpful. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comment, dear traveller. We are happy you enjoyed your visit in Matagalpa and in Martina's Place hostel. We hope see you soon again. Peace and love!!