“Pure delight!”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Jenny A
“Pure delight!”
Reviewed 9 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

My stay at Veenu Apartment has been nothing but true bliss. I felt so welcome by Bernard and his dear family and the apartment was such a luxury. It's on the second floor with a lovely dining area just outside the door, where I enjoyed just listening to Sri Lankan sounds and looking out on the beautiful trees. The apartment has everything one might need, a spacious bedroom with AC and balcony, a bathroom that made me feel like I was in a SPA, kitchen, and even sofa and TV. Oh! And a washing machine! After a few weeks of hand washing I wanted to kiss it! The apartment is on a quiet street with only ten minutes walk to the mainroad where you find small shops, fresh vegetables and places to eat. I rented Bernard's son's bicycle which was great way to get around independently. Bernard is such a great host, very knowledgeable about the area, and I felt comfortable asking about anything because he is very helpful and kind. He even picked me up and helped me get on the right bus when I left, free of charge. My stay in Veenu Apartment has been pure delight and if you get a chance to stay there I think I should.

M R
“Wonderful apartment”
Reviewed 30 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This wonderful apartment is quite brand new, located on the 1st level above the original house where the owner/manager Bernard and his family reside. This private property is located on a quiet road in inner Aluthgama.
Aluthgama is a small area. The main street with small shops, small eateries and a few mini super markets
are within a 10 to 15 minute walk. The Bentota and Moragalla beaches are within a 20 min walk. 3-wheeler tuk tuks are available im the whole area. There are a few lovely mosques on the inner outskirts, and the thrice-daily loudspeaker calls for prayer to local Muslims, may be a bit disturbing especially in the early morning.
Bernard and his family were extremely nice to me, and have responded to my every need. A 19 liter water bottle was supplied every few days on my requirement, at cost price. They would send over home cooked food every lunch. A bicycle was provided at no charge.
The mini apartment is delightful with an equipped kitchen with gas stove burner/fridge/toaster/kettle, a small furnished sitting area with satellite tv, a very clean modern bath/toilet room, nice bed room with aircon and fan and a nice sit out area just outside the main door. A washing machine is provided. All utility bills and 4G wifi usage is included in the very reasonable promotion rental rate which was offered to me.
The area of Aluthgama and Bentota are frequented by tourists and one will encounter often inflated prices for accommodation, beach activities, some shops, and the tuk tuks. It is then refreshing to meet and stay with Bernard and his family and experience their warmth, hospitality and simple life style.

marinahue...
Vienna, Austria
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 20 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed a whole week in the apartment and could not have had a better time there! Bernard picked us up from the train station and welcomed us with fresh coconuts. He and his family were extremely nice, and even invited us to a dinner cooked by his wife on the last day.
The apartment is very well decorated and brand new. It has a nice bedroom with Air-Con and Fan, a very nice bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen and a nice balcony to sit outside.
The beach is about 20 min walking distance.
The apartment is perfect for couples and the best accommodation we had in a month on Sri Lanka.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
22 Mar 2017
We do appriciate your good comments which show how great guests you are.these reviews are worth more than millions for us.everything is not the money but the humanity.here is our gratitude for your excellency.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing