“Perfect Beach Holiday”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of August Beach House

Lounge upstairs looking out to the garden and over the water.
Master bedroom with all bedrooms having their own ensuite. Inside dining for 12 plus an outdoor table for 14 guests.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lounge upstairs looking out to the garden and over the water.
Master bedroom with all bedrooms having their own ensuite.
Inside dining for 12 plus an outdoor table for 14 guests.
Sri Lankan indoor outdoor living.
Poolside sun lounges.
Our pool has a large child ledge that makes it easier for little ones.
View from the Master over the beach and garden.
Master bathtub overlooking the garden.
Master vanity.
Second bedroom overlooking the upstairs veranda, garden and ocean.
Second bedroom storage.
Second bedroom ensuite.
Cottage bedroom overlooking garden and beach.
Cottage bed overlooking the garden and pool.
Kids room - two singles which can be converted into one King bed.
Kids room looking out to the ocean with private ensuite.
Artwork by Sydney based artist, Christina McLean.
Books, DVDs and kids toys
Lovely local water lillies..
Friendly staff provides breakfast daily
Upstairs deck looking over the ocean.
Master bed - all King sized with lovely linen throughout.
Local ginger plants.
A great learn to surf and safe swimming beach 365 days a year.
The famous Weligama fishing boats.
Our beautiful beach in the afternoon!
Your private beach steps..
Kitchen and fruit at your disposal.
Living room lounging
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

A_Phillip...
“Perfect Beach Holiday”
Reviewed 28 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

My family and I travelled to SL in November last year, and had a fantastic time at The Boathouse on Weligama Bay. The house is well designed for an extended family (we had my wife's parents with us who had the private cottage suite), with numerous sitting areas but also spacious, bedrooms and ensuites.
We had planned to do a lot more site seeing around the area, but ended up staying at the house most of the holiday - just what we needed in terms of reconnecting and not having a time agenda. The staff were accommodating and organised dinners for us with short notice, and we sat on the beach or deck for sundowners every day. Perfect.

Thanks again for having us - we really enjoyed this trip.

Sam W
Queensland, Australia
“Dream holiday”
Reviewed 26 March 2018 for a stay in November 2017

A beautiful house in a fantastic location. From my initial enquiry through to my departure the team at the Boathouse couldn’t have done any more to make this holiday perfect. Luxury galore! A huge thanks for making everything so easy, fun and memorable. Planning our return already

brionylil...
Sydney, Australia
“Breathtaking house in great location”
Reviewed 26 March 2018 for a stay in July 2017

My family and I stayed in the boat house for just under two weeks, the house itself was incredibly spacious and I loved the décor! I wasn't sure what to expect before coming about the location but the beach is literally on the door step -which was so special and also incredibly convenient as we spent most of our days on the beach surfing (the waves were actually perfect for my beginner level). Overall there was a really chilled atmosphere and I loved the food! - the staff were lovely and breakfasts were amazing everything so fresh and locally sourced -so much fruit and freshly baked bread and tea.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
mattgencu...
“Spectacular holiday house”
Reviewed 21 March 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

We had a great holiday at The Boathouse. Michelle was very easy to communicate with and the staff were lovely. Location is excellent and we surfed constantly. Alternated between Neeta'S great curries in and dining out. Would highly recommend as a holiday rental location and experience.

Management Response
24 Mar 2018
Thanks Matt, we hope to see you back soon.
Kirst_9
Somerset, England
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 14 February 2018 for a stay in April 2017

We have stayed in many villas over the years, preferring the space and ease of self catering with a large family. The Boathouse was unique. A beautiful villa with fantastic staff - Sunny is the most amazing host and really made our holiday. Michelle was brilliant from the start answering all our queries and sending us excellent information about the area. We did struggle with the noise of the road to begin with but very quickly got used to it. Please do not let it put you off! If you want to be truly self catering you may struggle with lack of equipment - my advise to you is not bother and ask the staff to prepare meals for you! They prepared fabulous food very cheaply - even taking into account my son's rather fussy French girlfriend who was really not fond of curry! Very often they prepared 2 dishes to cater for all our needs. Breakfast - I am still missing those....
W15 was an easy walk up the beach in an evening, and an easy stagger back after cocktails! Hangtime Hostel does a fantastic coffee and cake, cheap meals with a brilliant view. The market was brilliant, noisy and chaotic. We took the train to numerous places - ridiculously cheap and definitely an experience! The boys spent a lot of time surfing. Ask the staff to organise a safari trip for you - it is worth getting up especially early (4am in our case) just to miss the traffic. Best advise I can give you is to shut your eyes and think of something else if you are in a car/bus/tuktuk. I think that if there are any rules regarding which side of the road you travel on and at what speed, everyone has forgotten them! Would I go back? Definitely! Early morning walks on the beach, helping the fisherman launch their boats, fabulous weather - even the torrential rain! Lightening storms in the evenings whilst sat on the beach drinking cocktails and eating seafood BBQ. Even the local stray dogs got pampered by my daughter - complete animal lover who ended up giving several shampoos in the sea and bought dog food for a select few! Thank you Michelle. We loved it. Sorry it has taken this long to write a review!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing