“A proper western restaurant in the small town of Phonsavan”

Bamboozle Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Phonsavan
Cuisines: International, Healthy, Bar
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Catering for both travellers and locals in Phonsavan, 'Bamboozle' is a bamboo-themed restaurant and bar, with a range of both International and Asian dishes, as well as a wide selection of drinks. Specialties at Bamboozle include goat cheese dishes, cream of pumpkin soup, vegetable tempura, tofu laab, homemade 12-inch pizzas and "The best burger around". Drinks include a range of ice cold beers, spirits, cocktails and house wines. In mulberry season, we have our popular mulberry shakes, mojitos, teas and wines. We have free and fast wifi, local gifts for sale, local info and occasional live acoustic music. Open daily from 5.00pm to 10.30pm.
Reviewed 16 April 2017

After a day trip from Luang Prabang to Phonsavan, we had dinner at Bamboozle to settle the night before heading back to Luang Prabang the next day. Not much of a variety in Phonsavan, this is the best you can get compare to Luang Prabang.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

I have been hearing about bamboozel all week and when I finally got the chance to go there I was not disappointed. Food was excellent beef burger defiantly recommended, service was good and beer was cold.

1  Thank erik_trick_12
Bamboozle10, Owner at Bamboozle Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear Erik,

Thank you so much for a wonderful review and so glad that we lived up to expectations! All the best for your onward travels.

I'll take this opportunity to remind all our customers that Bamboozle will reopen on Thursday 20th April. Our team wishes everyone a happy Lao New Year!

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Bamboozle is right on the Main street of Phonsavan, close to the turn to the Bus Station. They are only open in the evenings, lots of seating space, including some tables in the open. Good food - both Asian and Western, and plenty of drinks.

2  Thank ptrav9
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

The food is really nice, not amazing, but still very tasty!
The service guys were really attentive, even though they had a full house (a tourist group of at least 20 people)! I had pumpkin soup and pasta with tomato/basil sauce and both dishes were really enjoyable! I can totally recommend it!

Reviewed 6 March 2017

I had dinner at Bamboozle's. Mekong riverweed and a Thai soup. It was nothing special, but ok. It is the only meal I had in Phonsavan, so I cannot compare it to other places. I would probably return and try something else if I were to return to Phonsavan.