Laos Haven Hotel(Vang Vieng)
Free cancellation until 21/07
  • Breakfast included
USD 45
USD 38
Agoda.com
Vang Vieng Boutique Hotel(Vang Vieng)(Great Value!)
USD 21
USD 18
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
Jammee Guest House(Vang Vieng)(Great Value!)
USD 20
USD 14
USD 45
USD 36
Agoda.com
Maylyn Guest House(Vang Vieng)(Great Value!)
USD 13
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
USD 72
USD 59
Priceline
Inthira Vang Vieng(Vang Vieng)
USD 196
USD 116
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe riverprivate balconyseen better dayswould stay againlarge roombooked this hotelthe main streetcomfortable bedfridgesunsettvkip
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I remember this hotel well from my recent tour. The rooms numbers are a bit odd. So if your room is on the 2nd floor you might find yourself trying to open the wrong room. You have to be sure you're on the correct side of the number of the floor you are on.

It's an old hotel that requires guests to remove their shoes before entering unless you're done for the night. Some people need orthopedic shoes to walk. You'll think you are entering a temple where it's mandatory to remove shoes. I was part of a tour that is the reason I stayed there. However if I'm solo I will never stay at a hotel that requires me to remove my shoes before entering. Also when they clean the floors you have to be very careful walking on a wet floor without shoes. Last night I was walking down some subway steps late at night (returning from my tour). The cleaners hosed the steps with a lot of water. I had to be careful holding the rail so I did not slip and fall. Actually just before I walked down those stairs I saw a lady with a suitcase who slipped and fell on the wet floor on the subway platform below. So seeing what happened to her I was extra cautious.

Now getting back to Villay Vong Hotel it's just a place to rest your head. We spent just one night there so it's bearable after being tired. While walking down the street I saw a man walking barefooted. I smiled and thought to myself he probably stays at the same hotel. Just walk barefoot and avoid the hassle of taking off and putting on shoes. Then when he walks into the hotel he will defile its floors with his dirty feet. I don't know if the western man was trying to make a point but there is no beach there except the river so why walk into town barefooted? Not even the locals do that.

If it were not for the lovely views I would give the hotel a poor rating. But those views help pluck them out of the gutter.

Room Tip: The hotel has safety deposit boxes in a back room but you have to ask because they won't tell you.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in much need of an upgrade.

The bed was hard but sleep-able. The pillows needed replacing. No safe or kettle. No hairdryer.

The tv was an old cathode ray tube but we got fox movies on it.

The bathroom was horrible. The single sink tap was looking the wrong way and dropped water everywhere. The toilet leaked making the floor wet. The shower had to be put on trickle to get any sort of heat.

Breakfast was cold egg and noodles. Brad and jam.

The view was nice

If you a place to get your head down for the night then stay here.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Pretty basic rooms, but air con and fan both included. Bathrooms could do with an upgrade.
Tiled floor within rooms and corridors was spotless (have to take shoes off when entering the hotel).
Breakfast was really basic, would recommend avoiding and finding somewhere else local.
The view from the back of the hotel is incredible so if you can, request a room facing the mountains.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2017

From the 4th floor of this "hotel" you have a wonderful view of the mountains. The guys (boys?) at the reception, however, really cultivate the most deliberate form of indifference: more interested in playing with their phones, they hardly notice that you are there and really need to be coaxed into helping you with the wifi, which breaks down all the time (if you get it at all, that is). Moreover, there is definitely a language barrier in that their English is mediocre at best. While the rooms are big, they are not well equipped (no safety box, no complementary water, no shampoo,…) and the shower in the bathroom is a joke. I'd definitely choose a better place next time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

The room was large and the air con was good. The view was stunning across the river to the mountains. Our room had a nice balcony with furniture. The one big disappointment was breakfast which was included. The food was sat in covered trays on a table for you to help yourself. There were no burners or hot plates so it was cold eggs, rice, vegetables etc and we had no way of knowing how long it had sat there. Our group all opted to go down the road and pay for breakfast at the bakery.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends