All reviews ac pool location town stay
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as a backpacking couple on our second visit to Vang Vieng. We booked a double room which was generally decent, however the shower was always very cold and the aircon occasionally dropped water on us! Not enough can be said about how friendly and helpful the staff are however, they are always on hand for travel tips etc. The free breakfast was good and the location is favourable: close enough to bars/restaurants to walk but not close enough to hear the noise. Would recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Very helpful German guy, Kope?, at front desk who speaks great English. Rooms were clean and tidy with AC, good enough size for a triple.

Pool area a bit disappointing. Pool furniture is wooden and rotten so can’t actually lie and relax around it.

Location is good for southern end of town but the northern end is more picturesque with views of the cliffs and more eateries. Not a Long walk up but enough.

Overall nice enough place to stay, clean and friendly but there are better locations.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonnypest
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a 3 night trip to Vang Vieng. The quaint bungalow had good air conditioning and a lovely balcony area. The room and bathroom were basic but clean. Great budget option for anyone staying in Vang Vieng.

The owner was really helpful with information about the town and gave us some good recommendations for places to eat and good tours (we had 2 amazing days out with TCK tours).

It was lovely to have a swimming pool to use. It was clean and nice views of the mountains.

Would stay here again if I (hopefully) return to Vang Vieng!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
phuong n, Owner at Vang Vieng Garden Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thanks for your review! Hopefully see you again..

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Overall, this hotel was lovely. I enjoyed the good location, simple breakfast, hot water, and WiFi. The rooms were fairly small, but totally fine for a solo traveler like myself.

The only reason why I gave this hotel a 3 star rating was because I felt cheated on the transportation ticket to Vientiane. I decided to pay the extra money to book through the hotel a minibus ticket as they are much faster than typical bus. On the day of the pickup, I became hesitant when I realized that the ticket that the hotel filled out was incomplete and did not state if I was going via minibus. Turns out they sold me a bus ticket for a more expensive price! I arrived much later than preferred to Vientiane by this bus.

If you stay at this hotel, do not book transportation through them!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

We really sorry about lack of information while you bought your bus ticket to Vientiane city centre. Normally that company uses minibus but sometimes it can be VIP Bus and when we book the bus one day earlier like normally we do, we don't know which one it will be. Many times we asked from the bus company which bus they using on next day but most of time they don't know it in advance, they know it only at same day when the bus leaves. Normally it doesn't matter is it bus or minibus the length of the journey is same roughly 4 hours. From Vang Vieng you can take mini van to Vientiane and that takes about 3.5 hours because that will stop at northern bus station of Vientiane and it's located 12 km far from the city centre.
Anyway thanks for your review and best wishes from whole team!

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a room with a double bed, simple bathroom - pretty much all you need! Great location as right across from the night markets and easy to organise scooters, buses, bikes etc from the street right outside. The manager was extremely friendly and willing to give us plenty of advice on best places to go, and share his experiences with us. Pool was clean but sunbeds are mostly all broken with no cushions or towels on them. All in all, great location and place for a good price.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your review! Sorry about the sunbeds. We are aware that poolside need new furnitures and we will buy new ones and finish the pool area too during this rainy season. All the best!