“Enjoyed every meal here”

Bamboo Tree Bar & Cafe
Ranked #49 of 87 Restaurants in Vang Vieng
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A simple and comfortable restaurant serving quality Lao and other foods. Sandwiches are packed with ingredients and really fresh. Lao food has the full set of herbs and spices that make each dish unique. Others may offer slightly lower prices but this comes at the cost of flavour and quality. I must mention their homemade potato fries. The best we have had in Asia for years. Congratulations to the Bamboo Trees. Try it - it really is good.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Had delightful burgers. Okay the shrimp and also the chickapea burger. Good fries. Great drinks. Nothing great for service and don’t be in a rush and enjoy! Right across from one of the bus spots so it’s good to kill some time or have a few drinks!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Stupidly came here without checking trip advisor, probably one of the worst meals I've ever had. The oven potatoes looked a state, wouldn't even feed it to a dog, taste was awful as well, only ate it because I hadn't eaten all day and was starving. Friends had burgers and they were average at best, fed most the shrimp burger to a stray cat. Definitely avoid this place, better off getting street food.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I was in a group of 8, myself and one other walked in and sat on a table big enough for 8 people, the owner assuming it was just us two came over very quickly to tell us this table was reserved, we asked if he had any more tables for 8 and his eyes lit up with dollar signs and told us we was allowed to sit there, obviously he was chancing his luck keeping a table that size to serve a large group when really he should be grateful of anyone who chooses to eat in his restaurant. The red curry was bog standard, pizza was soggy and came out ten minutes after everyone had finished, the pictures of the burgers on the menu DO NOT represent a burger from that restaurant either credited we're in SE Asia but with a western owner he should know better. We asked for the bill from the waiter and used a calculator to divide the cost between 7, we handed the money to owner as he seemed to push past the waiters to take the money from our hands. We said "we're due X amount back" in a laid back indirect manner mainly informing the people we was eating with rather than the owner. The owner rudely replied "you do not need to tell me this, I'm fully capable to figure this out myself, it's my job."
I suspect he doesn't treat the local workers at his restaurant very well judging on what I've experience just being a customer, on the subject of this I recommend you avoid using this restaurant.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived after 7hours on a bus, and wanted to eat right away. Took some time to Get the menu, and after ordering nothing happened. After one hour of waiting We were able to Get one of the waiters to talk to us. He was rude, and showed no interest in helping us. It turned out they had forgotten to place the order, But no-one seemed to care. We got up to leave, But still had to pay for our drinks, and they weren’t Even cold. Would absolutley NOT recommend this place. And they have wild cats walking on the tables