5,925 results
All reviews burger van la playa food truck our honeymoon entertainment team ice cream parlour beach room beach restaurant special thanks sea urchins a la carte restaurant superior room at lunchtime glass bottom boat all inclusive package water sports boat house
Reviewed 13 December 2016

This is my frist trip after ma marrage and first trip out of india mauritius is awesome place for honeymooners and specialy Lux TAmassa hotel is awesome .in Tamassa resort we got awesome breakfast lunch and dinner . For indian food i preferd tamassa resort. We are really enjoyed . Thank uh so much tamassa and mauritius.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Nitesh P, General Manager at Tamassa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2016

Dear Parth r,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your honeymoon and for making us so special.

I am so delighted to see that your first trip out of country turned out to be such an awesome experience, it goes without saying that it was our commitment to ensure that you truly celebrate life with us and I am so happy that it indeed turned out to be a fabulous experience.

Team Tamassa deeply wish to have another amazing opportunity to welcome you back!!

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Before I begin my review I would direct you to a review a week ago by Mactravel53 entitled 'Truly exceptional,bordering on perfect....' as it is a very informative review which I could have written myself! I agree totally with his review. I have been reading reviews of Tamassa since last February when I decided to book a two week stay in Mauritius to celebrate my partner's 60th birthday. Mactravel53 would have been very helpful. As this was to be a total surprise I needed to do all the research alone and I was desperate to get it right. I am so glad I chose Tamassa! We had a wonderful time there and I can honestly say that I have never received such amazing service and sincere customer care anywhere. The mission at Tamassa is to help you to 'Celebrate Life' and that is just what we did. Everything was done to the highest standard. Every meal, drink or service was delivered with a smile. Nothing was too much trouble. the total vibe here is 'can do'. I knew it was going to be good from my extensive research but it honestly did exceed my expectations.

I had exchanged several emails with Ritish prior to arriving and he was most helpful in answering my questions and arranging for a taxi to meet us at the Airport. At Reception, Rohan and Anna from Guest Relations were very welcoming. We had a small hiccup on arrival which upset me and I was introduced to Parvesh who just took command of the situation and made it his personal mission to settle us in. More about Parvesh later because he deserves a special mention!! :-)

Our room was lovely as we had our own little stairway up to the balcony and entered through the patio doors. It was colourful, comfortable and kept beautifully clean by Esther. How thoughtful to leave a sarong and T.shirt on the bed, robes, flip flops and lovely toiletries. I am sure the Citronella shower gel kept me bite free! The Mini bar was restocked every day. In fact, I loved it that the room 'fairies' came in whilst we were at dinner and refreshed the towels and turned down the bed for us. Having mentioned to the room supervisor Yadev that I liked it when the room was done whilst we were at breakfast he arranged for it to be done at that time every day! Thanks also to him for his tips on where to go in our hire car!

The A La Carte restaurant La Playa was a highlight of our holiday. Every single lunch or Dinner we had there was prepared and presented with such care! We enjoyed absolutely every meal, especially our celebratory Breakfast and Dinner. Neha, Ajay,Kamal, Deshika, Jonathan,Vikash thank you so much for your exceptional service!! We would watch the sunset with a drink from the Playa Bar before dinner and it was just magical. We enjoyed the wine and the cocktails very much.

The Breakfast at The Show buffet restaurant was really good and the croissants are the best I have ever tasted! Shout out for Dheeraj for my English tea in a tea pot! Also thanks to Al Taaf. Dinner at The Show was very good but I much preferred Playa as it is more intimate and romantic for couples. We enjoyed the Burger Van a couple of lunchtimes too. Food and drink was just exceptionally good throughout.

The resort is beautifully located and maintained to an extremely high standard. The beach is beautiful and the turquoise lagoon is perfect for the all inclusive water sports. Sunbathing by the beach or around the pools is just wonderful and so relaxing. Drinks were delivered to your sunbed too! Thanks Arnaud!

This is in danger of becomming a too-long review. So I will close by dedicating my last paragraph to Parvesh. Without question this man has a passion for making your stay perfect. He arranged one or two surprises for us which had us smiling from ear to ear. When we needed a hire car it was effortlessly laid on for us. When the Tomson Rep let us down by not showing up he got them on his phone to answer our questions. In fact, when we first met on day one he gave me his personal mobile phone number so that we could 'what's app' him with any requests. Parvesh, you are one in a million and Tamassa is not to let you go! You were our 'Happiness Manager' x

Thank you Team Tamassa. We hope to come back to Mauritius one day and would not stay anywhere else.

Jeanette Still and Ian Riley.

2  Thank sunkissedbabe

Dear Mr. Riley and Mrs. Still,

Team Tamassa, along with my good self, thank you so much for sharing such an amazing review describing your recent stay with us.

Tamassa in creole language which is our spoken language in Mauritius means “Party” and I am so happy that you have chosen our resort to celebrate the 60th birthday of your husband.

It truly makes us feel so special and it goes without saying that it was our commitment and purpose to help you celebrate life as so nice mentioned by your good self.

At Tamassa, we are indeed set on a journey to make each moment matter and to ensure our guests live unique experiences which will remain as everlasting memories. I feel so proud see that Dheeraj, Jonathan, Vikash, Rohan, Anna, Ritish, Esther, Yadev, Neha, Ajay, Kamal, Deshika, Arnaud, Al Taaf and Parvesh who are definitely among our shining stars did not let any stone unturned to make your holiday extra special.

Team Tamassa deeply miss you out here and truly wish to have another opportunity to welcome you back in not a distant future.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

I have been a little tardy writing this review. At the beginning of October we had a lovely five nights at Tamassa as part of a tour of the lovely Island of Mauritius. It wasn't the first time, but it was just as lovely as the previous three trips, everybody was kindness itself, and considering the numbers of guests that must visit, people remembered us from previous trips. If you are undecided about looking for a paradise, look no further. We went to a further two Lux properties, and they are all as lovely as each other. In a months time we will be on our way for another two weeks trip to the island of dreams. Staff and accommodation and food are all great. Try it.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Nitesh P, General Manager at Tamassa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Dear Ann W,

Millions of thanks for sharing us this wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you are still cherishing these wonderful moments you had with us even after nearly two months. As you have noticed, ensuring that our guests live unique experiences which remain everlasting memories, is on our top priority list right when starting the day.

I feel so proud to lead such a dream team whose passion is indeed unparalleled and will never let any stone unturned when it comes to meeting our guest’s expectations.

It is indeed a great news for all of us to see that you have already planned to renew your experience within the LUX* family in a month time.

The entire team is deeply excited to welcome you back to celebrate life very soon in our little paradise!!

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our honeymoon in Tamassa
The staff members were so nice and helpful. We enjoyed sitting by the pool and sipping drinks. The buffet dinner was as amazing as the romantic dinner at Playa (the Tamassa Dream dessert came as a surprise and tasted delicious).Thank you for making our holidays memorable.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Vintee B,

The entire team Tamassa joins me to say thank you for writing us this review.

At Tamassa we truly know the importance of making your honeymoon perfect and it is a pleasure reading that this one time celebration was memorable for you.

Our Executive chef Vinay requested me to thank you for your sincere appreciations for his cuisine, he is indeed always here to ensure that our guests palates are pampered, your wonderful words will definitely encourage him along with the whole team to help our guests celebrate life even more and more.

Team Tamassa deeply wish to welcome you back for yet another celebration.

Wedding anniversaries, why not!!

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Good points :- Lovely location, great layout, nice rooms
Bad points:- (1) Unnecessary delay in providing information on something before we left led to disappointment as regards facilities when we arrived (2) We were advised of a 'special' night for an anniversary which we were celebrating, which turned out to be less than ordinary (3) Excessive charge for late check out when our room was still available for the rest of the day (the amount we paid was going to be given to staff tips).
Whilst some of the staff were very helpful, unfortunately when we raised the issues as above we were dealt with on a dismissive "take it or leave it" attitude

Room Tip: The rooms around the beach area are the best, even though they are not the most expensive. Eat at the Playa restaurant as often as you can.
4  Thank frquenttraveller

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this constructive feedback that we humbly accept as we truly believe that the road to perfection is still under construction and we take it very positively as it shall be of a great help to us in improving our guests’ experience.

Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity.

The whole team and myself are extremely apologetic towards all the inconveniences caused to your goodself and again put forward our sincere apologies for the same. I can assure that all the points you put forward have been discussed with the respective department heads and necessary actions have been taken so that this does not happen again.

On the other hand, I am glad that you found our location and layout to be lovely and also that our rooms were up to your expectations.

We hope you will be able to forgive us and give us another opportunity to serve you and showcase our true hospitality.