4,373 results
All reviews infinity blue all inclusive package our honeymoon african theme indian restaurant zenzi bar c beach club free massage seven colours great holiday jean marie a la carte restaurants walk in wardrobe sister hotel boat trip nature reserve main bar
Reviewed 22 November 2015

From the first welcome to the sad goodbye our experience of this resort hotel was far beyond what we expected (and we expected a lot). I do hope The Heritage Group know what a brilliant group of people their staff are. Everyone from the beach lads through to the local managers went out of their way to make us feel at home and happy. The room, beach front deluxe suite, was spotlessly clean, air con'ed, and well supplied. The housekeeping staff kept the (complementary ftw) mini bar well stocked and went out of their way to keep things supplied (visiting twice a day or more!), even supplied us with two English sized mugs for morning tea! Nespresso machine - heaven. The restaurants are great, the food never dissapointed.Reception staff very helpful and always greeting you with a wellcoming smile. The nurse (I lost a big toenail, my clumsy fault) was kind and gentle. Some names I want to thank: Jenny Marie, I think, our housekeeper, Vanessa, Depak, Raiiv (found my mobile), Emmanuel (Entertainment man with a great variety of card tricks and banter) Rikish and Annelise (I will be emailing for another trip) and all of you; thank you all. I could go on and on about everything but it would be TL:DR. If you are looking for a hotel in Mauritius - use The Awali, you won't be dissapointed.
The Golf - fantastic, beautiful course, imho better than the Berkshire rip offs, plays long due to prevailing wind. Not for beginners. Expect a 4 hour + round (despite best efforts of the staff (all 4 balls). Unless you are conditioned to 30 degrees heat at high humidity use a buggy; the heat is sapping.
We will see you all next year for our 30th Wedding Anniversary, there is no where else we would rather be.

Room tip: We had a beach front room but from what I could make out the resort layout was very good,
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kim D
Christophe R, General Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

Dear Kim D,

Jenny Marie, Vanessa, Depak, Raiiv , Emmanuel, Rikish, Annelise and my entire team join me in to thank you for detailed review.

We feel very proud to know that everyone has contributed in making your stay superb and outstanding. Your appreciation and trust in our resort has been share with the whole team.

We are pleased to hear that you are already planning your next stay at Heritage Awali Golf and Spa Resort.

Reviewed 21 November 2015

We were a group of 6 staying for 10 days earlier this month. We had 3 Deluxe Rooms in Block 5000. So many things about this holiday were perfect! The rooms are great, the beach is superb, the golf course is free and top draw and the Spa was excellent. The entire resort was very clean, neat and tidy.All of these points are 5 star plus! We had great weather for our stay other than the day we arrived. The staff are all very friendly and happy, which is important, but they could be better organised. Talking to some of the the bar teams, they work very long hours, which might explain some of the mistakes in our orders. We had two slightly disappointing experiences; Boma (African BBQ) was expensive and disrupted by heavy rain, which seemed to catch the staff by surprise. We ended up with wet food, but we were still charged the full price. The Balafon Buffet was a bit hit and miss; get there early and it's a good experience; get there late and food can be short and the service levels chaotic. In our experience the Zafarani was the best restaurant, but it is very small and difficult to book and Infinity Blue is great for lunch and better than the Balafon.
We were a bit surprised that food and drink wasn't included at the Golf Club but apparently that was recently changed.
Overall this was a fantastic holiday and without doubt we would happily return. With just a few tweaks this could become a truly World Class resort.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Rob M
Christophe R, General Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2015

Dear Rob M,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen Heritage Awali Golf and Spa Resort for your family holidays.

We appreciate your feedbacks and we regret that you did not enjoy the Boma and Le Balafon restaurant.

At Heritage Awali Golf and Spa Resort our main concern is to continuously satisfy our guests though our high standard of service.

We look forward to welcome you again in Domaine de Bel Ombre for more happy days.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

Delightful location with excellent facilities, good food and choice of restaurants and truly excellent staff make a stay at Heritage Awali a real treat. Coupled with the Heritage Golf Club which is superb, this is a perfect break which we recommend highly. Our favourite place to eat is the very well run 'Infinity Blue' which the food is good the staff excellent and location idyllic.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank nomads90

Dear Nomds90,

Thank you for sparing a few minutes of your precious time for sharing your appreciation of your stay at the Heritage Awali Golf and Spa Resort.

We hope to be honored by you presence in the future.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

We had a fabulous stay at this hotel. It's graded as a 5 star I would say that's pushing it a bit. Maybe 3.5 to 4. It's looking s bit tired and the sun beds could do with upgrading. The grounds where immaculate and the spa was great. Although the hotel was kept spotless I felt that could have been some anti bacterial units dotted around. Especially in the dining areas. I never saw one the whole time I was there and for the amount of people touching Etc I this was a bit shabby.

The breakfast was excellent, although the bread was very small, but the variety was adequate. Eggs, juice, cereal, fruit, what else do you need at breakfast? We were welcomed most days by the very helpful, smiley, professional Shayma. She is a credit to this hotel and nothing is too much trouble for her. Your cups are never empty and she knows her job and knows how to treat people. She was a lovely person and always had a smile and a conversation with us. The only thing I have to say negative about the dining area is that on 5 or 6 occasions we had bird poo on our clothes as the birds are all over the place. Very annoying especially when you have new clothes on.

Lunch time was excellent also. The menu is fine and portions are more than adequate. I found on occasion I ate off the children's menu as this was more than enough after stuffing breakfast down. Lunch in infinity blue was fine also. Although it is mentioned that this place is a Michelin starred restaurant, I can't see that it is.

The Indian restaurant is first class. Make sure when you arrive that you book in as many times as you can. It really is special. I would also recommend booking in steak night at the golf club. Now that's really was exceptional. Food was truly amazing. Steaks ordered exactly how you want them. The only thing I would say is they keep the red wine in the fridge?? But the service and The food is first class.

The bar area was great. We were looked after by the staff. Jean-marie is an excellent bar manager. He was very attentive and really did make us feel extremely welcome, he always had s smile on his face and nothing was too much trouble. Dillon, RAheem, durpek always ensured our glasses where full and kept it going. We never had any complaints except if they were busy you might have to wait a couple of minutes for a drink.

All the staff on the complex where truly amazing and friendly. I need to mention that our rooms where kept spotless by the lovely Vimlah. She really is an absolute gem, she was friendly, warming and really good at her job.She certainly made our rooms look as fresh as the day we arrived. Let's just say you could tell when it was her day off.

Another member of staff that I need to mention is Raj. What a delight he is. Very friendly, and always willing to shine. He delivered quality of services which was 10 put of 10. He is learning the job and he is truly excellent at ensuring you leave the hotel happy.

I feel bad name dropping but these staff wwent out of their way to ensure we had a terrific stay. The hotel,should certainly be happy they have such a good crew on board.

You must must must book the boat trip with baboo. His boat is moored at the beach and you book directly with Him. Fantastic day out. Lobster lunch on remote island, dolphins. I won't tell you the rest as you want to experience it yourself.

So would I go back? Well I would never say never. It was a relaxing, family holiday and it truly was a lovely time we spent here. We were a family of 5 and we really don't have any complaints.(apart from the lack of anti bacteria gel units) but that is being g really picky.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with this hotel

The athertons

Room tip: Room 8104 brilliant location
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Robbiewilliiams1000,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen Heritage Awali Golf and Spa Resort for your recent family holidays in Mauritius.

We really appreciate that you have precious minutes of your time for writing your detailed experience. You appreciation has been shared with Shyama, Dylan, Raheem, Deepak, VImlah and Raj for which they are very thankful.

We furthermore appreciate your feedbacks for improvement which has also been shared with the management team.

Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

From arrival to departure the hotel staff are courteous, polite and genuine. Particular mention goes to Shyama, Dylan and Jean Marie in the bar who looked after us extremely well, even anticipating our needs and spending time conversing with us and having a bit of a joke now and again.

The hotel grounds are spotlessly clean as are the bedrooms. Nice sized rooms, very comfortable with all you need in them and the wifi in the rooms was good enough to stream movies on the iPad. We were in the 8000 range rooms on the first floor - great location as when it rained we didn't get wet walking to the bars and restaurants as it is attached to main area of hotel.

Again, for particular mention is Vhimla. Her personal pride in making sure our rooms were well cleaned and restocked was much appreciated and she always had a nice greeting for us.

Food - so the main restaurant (Belafon) where breakfast is served is a buffet style evening menu. This means there were lots of different things to eat... But not necessarily things that actually went together! We had occasion to speak to Chef Hans about it and it improved as our 2 weeks went on.

Of all the waiting staff in this restaurant in the evening Raj was simply amazing. He has a good sense of humour and really does go out of his way to make sure people have an amazing customer experience. Not only did he really look after us and surprised us with an outstanding decorated table and prepared dessert, but I saw him doing this for many other guests. He really is a credit to the hotel.

The Infinity Blue restaurant is definitely worth booking in the evenings and has a good lunch menu too. The Indian is great. We booked a couple of nights in there as soon as we arrived as its quite small.

We also ate at the Golf Club Steakhouse.....fabulous steaks cooked in front of you in the BBQ in a lovely setting. Worth a visit and if you're all inclusive there is a 1,000 rupee discount each person (£20).

The Spa facilities are excellent. You get a free 45 min shoulder and back massage and I booked 5 more massages during the 2 weeks. I can thoroughly recommend the Mauritian Massage for 75 mins. I used the same masseur for all my massages and Girish is an excellent masseur. He tailored the pressure I wanted in different areas and even came in on his day off on one occasion so I could book a massage with him on that day - way above what I would have expected.

The evening entertainment is usually very good and not too intrusive. You can sit and chill out with a drink without having to shout at each other and they generally have in some very good singers.

In all we (party of 5 adults in 3 rooms) really enjoyed ourselves. So much so we are thinking of booking to go back in May.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Christophe R, General Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2015

Dear Stevedax,

Shyama, Dylan, Jean Marie, Vhimla, Chef Hans, Raj, Girish and my entire team joins me in to thank you for having chosen Heritage Awali Golf and Spa Resort for your recent family holidays.

It is indeed a great pleasure to know that my team members has contributed in making your stay a very enjoyable one.

We hope to welcome you and your family in the future in our resort.