“Exquisite setting, shame about the food...”

Heritage Le Chateau
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Bel Ombre
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: "Also known as Le Château de Bel Ombre" A 19th Century mansion dating back to 1765, the Domaine de Bel Ombre, where Heritage Resorts is located, immerses its guests through the rich heritage of Mauritius. Embark on a journey through time, at Heritage Le Château, an enchanting former sugar plantation style house, set in typical French Gardens. The perfect place to give a twist of culture to your holidays in paradise.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It really is a beautiful venue! Breathtakingly beautiful. And if you take the time to read a bit about it before you go, you'll be even more impressed as to where you are. Unfortunately, the food was disappointing. I had the duck starter, my friend had the crab. The salad that accompanied the duck had strange hard pieces in it. The crab was good. For main course I chose the lamb and my friend had, I think it was wild boar, cassoulet. My lamb was tough. The sauce was good though. Good job I liked it because the waiter came out of nowhere, picked up the jug and poured it all over my meal! Maybe he knew that would somewhat make up for how chewy the meat was. My friend wasn't overly impressed with his boar. Desserts made up for all other sins, including the Rs1200 glass of wine. Yes, I said glass. It was nice but at that price I would have expected "exceptional"! We both had the chocolate dessert, can't remember the name but it was delicious! If the Rs 6000 for the dinner had come out of my pocket I would have felt robbed. Such a shame because it could be so lovely! To sum up, exceptional venue, stunning decor, staff not as friendly as other establishments of it's calibre I've been to, disappointingly expensive meal, at exceptional prices.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

What a lovely setting !
Good food quality and very friendly service and host.
We did like the menu and (again) expensive wines.
We would like to see more cozy lightning on the terrace dough
Limited choice for dinner ?

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The menu is delightful and the chateaubriand was delicious. Piano player was a nice touch. Only downside was the service is very very slow and it is a little warm and uncomfortable.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Very impressive setting. Six of us went for dinner everyone's meal was delicious, but my red snapper was like shoe leather. The chef did come out and apologize and I was offered alternative, which I declined. We were given two platters of cheese & biscuits on the house. Wines were very expensive.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

To reach the chateau you need to use the transport provided by the Telfair to get there, but it is well worth the trip- fine dining at its best!