Sofitel So Mauritius
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Just had our summer holiday at this lovely hotel in Mauritius. We found it well presented in the reception area, dinning rooms, swimming pool area, beech frontage and of course our room. We had a lovely weeks break, although its winter in Mauritius it was very warm and sunny. The staff looked after us really well, in particular KUMAR at the poolside and ALLIEN who coordinated our everyday room service. Both staff members were very courteous and were fun to talk to, they both made our stay very special. Food at the hotel was well presented both in the morning and in the evenings, quality and variety was very good. The spa facility was also very nice and relaxing, the gym was a little small but catered for our needs. My wife and I had a lovely time!

Room Tip: Rooms on 2 or 3 floor
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
SoMauritius_BelOmbre, General Manager at Sofitel So Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Shaws340,
We are delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback .Thank you for recognizing outstanding service through the warmth and care of our team who is a great asset our resort. We are happy that the services and the facilities were up your expectations.
SO kind Regards,
E.Zucchi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,239)

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

My fiancée and I had a fantastic time at Sofitel So. It was a very special holiday for us as we got engaged while we were out there. I really couldn't think of a better place to have been for the occasion!

The beach was clean, on our doorstep and also very secluded. Our room was fantastic and the restaurant was great. In all the hotel was kept to a very high standard.

What really puts Sofitel So a cut above in our minds was the quality of service by all the people working there. Everyone was very helpful and great to deal with whether we were looking to book a full day excursion or just after another cocktail.

I was very surprised to see how much the hotel offered and in hindsight I wish we had booked for longer so we could have indulged in more- namely the spa!

We will be back!

A special thank you to Geerish & Raj who really stood out to us from the staff. And a big thank you to the director Christine who very kindly met us for a cocktail one evening to make sure we were having a good time and if we had any issues. We didn't!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Steve M,
All my team joins me to thank you for the stellar review! Many thanks for choosing our secluded resort for this special occasion.
The quality of our service is of up most importance to us and I am delighted to know that you had the opportunity to fully experience our ambassadors’ passion for our guests and above all for excellence. I am delighted to know that you left our hotel with such pleasant memories.

The SO Sofitel team is looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future for a stunning break.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

We were warmly welcomed by Mr. Pradeep upon our arrival, every single staff we came across were very friendly, polite and helpful throughout our stay...We loved the concept that the buggy dropped us directly to our room, where the personel from the front office Mr. A. Gokool personally came to our room to complete all the formalities and gave us an overview abt the room, amenities and the hotel..Food was yummy both at the Flamboyant Resto or La Plage Resto, from the cook to the waiters all were friendly, always helping with a smile...Best place to relax, very calm, beautiful landscape - the garden, pool side and beach..The Spa!! couldn't resist - should give a try and the kid's club, my daughter was really pampered with gifts, she really enjoyed..

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter - beautiful view with garden and beach
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
SoMauritius_BelOmbre, General Manager at Sofitel So Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Dear Poojagp-hk,

Your review is greatly appreciated from all our Team!

Thank you for having chosen our resort for your holiday break and we trust with pleasure for you to come back again in our luxuriant get way for another intense experience. The SO experience and concepts really differ from other hotel experiences you may have known till now; SO, hope you will get back to us for the special care of our collaborators who greatly contributed for this 'great weekend'.

Kind Regards from SO ,
E. Zucchi

Reviewed 11 June 2017

This place is wonderful. This staff is the most friendly staff in the world.

I stayed here to film for tv. My crew stayed in another hotel. The room I stayed in was the biggest house available. It was absolutely beautiful. I had dinner at my house the last evening prepared by a private chef in the kitchen of this house. It was one of the best dinners I've ever had. Again, the staff is so friendly I wish I could meet them again as I had only limited time to talk to them. The massage I got was great too. The girl was German and experienced.

I had a private beach area which I was shocked by. It is so stunning! I wasn't expecting it to be there when I woke up in the morning (I arrived late at night)

I do definitely recommend this place! It's not a hotel, it's a whole new world.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
SoMauritius_BelOmbre, General Manager at Sofitel So Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear Laura C,
Thank you so much for choosing hotel SO Sofitel Mauritius on your recent visit and for leaving us this wonderful review.
Our top priority is to provide extraordinary service at all times and it seems as if we were able to do just that, so we are very happy to hear that you had a great stay.
It is indeed a very good option to have dinner in your villa prepared by the private Chef and to have nice treats by our wellness angels!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the southern part of the island as described by you an 'amazing place on earth'.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Thank you So Sofitel's staff for providing us with exceptional service. We were warmly welcomed by the staff. I was able to relax and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. We had an exquisite dinner, food were delicious and enjoyed the sega dance. Staff are polite, friendly and helpful. A lovely paradise with beautiful landscape.

Regards
Nirma & Vidur

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
SoMauritius_BelOmbre, General Manager at Sofitel So Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear Goornasing n,

On behalf of the SO Ambassadors, we thank you for your lovely comments and are glad to read that your experience was So exceptional.
Our team so much to offer, from their helpfulness to their professionalism. We are also delighted that our culinary offers charmed you with the exquisite food and the overall hotel environment pleased you.
We really appreciate your great review and hope to see you again soon.

E. Zucchi

48.3 km away
The Oberoi, Mauritius
The Oberoi, Mauritius
#1 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments

Been to Sofitel So Mauritius? Share your experiences!