“Sunset Photo Tour at Zion”

Enlighten Photography Excursions
Ranked #5 of 14 Tours in Springdale
More attraction details
Owner description: Local professional landscape photographer Seth Hamel offers daily photography excursions for photographers of all levels. Far beyond your standard "photo tour", Seth will lead you to the best shooting locations based on current, past and future weather conditions. These areas offer opportunities to work with foreground, textures, colors and dramatic scenes. For those interested in learning or improving their photography skills, instruction will be a heavy emphasis during these trips.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you enjoy photography and the outdoors, this unique trip adds an extra dimension to your usual hiking adventure in Zion. Seth and Christian were both personable, enthusiastic, and easy going. They were interested in what my experience level was and what I wanted to get out of the experience (which was to understand and use more features on my camera and have fun!). It was a wonderful trip that I'd do again if I was in southern Utah.

All reviews
"antelope canyon"
"useful tips"
"learned how"

Reviewed 14 January 2018

My wife and I had an amazing time with Seth of Enlighten Photography. They offer a private slot canyon tour and it was worth every penny (and sore muscle the next day). We were staying up by the East Mesa so Seth called that morning and said he would drive and pick us up at our cabin before driving us to the slot canyon. He is very down to earth and easy to feel comfortable shooting with. We felt like we were hanging out with an old friend. Getting to the canyon was an adventure in itself driving through some very soft sand in his 4-wheel drive vehicle. I enjoyed the canyoneering aspect of the full day tour nearly as much as I enjoyed photographing the canyon. Seth was very knowledgable and helped me with my composition and camera settings to best capture the light. I HIGHLY recommend for anyone who is considering this tour to book it! You won't be sorry.

1  Thank Jojoma283
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Seth was an awesome teacher and photographer. He was very accommodating and took even our two children ( age 11 and 9), along with the adults, on the sunrise photography workshop without any hesitancy. We had to cut our morning session short, due to the freezing temperature in Bryce Canyon on that late November day. But, Seth compensated us with extra hours of sunset photography lesson in Zion National Park days later.

We also booked him to shoot family photos during our full-day , guided canyoneering tour with Zion Adventure Company. Throughout the session, he was professional, attentive and entertaining. We love all the pictures he took. But, our kids are more impressed with his rocking climbing skills than anything else! At the end of the day, they called him "Seth the Master"!

We highly recommend Seth to our friends and family who will visit Zion and Bryce National Parks in the future.

1  Thank tolive
Reviewed 3 December 2017

I did this tour mid-November 2017. This was an amazing experience that I will cherish forever. Kate helped me not only get unbelievable photographs of the amazing night sky but also took the time teach me the settings and the reasons behind them. The night started a little rocky because one of the couples on the tour was about 30 minutes late. There is currently terrible traffic on the main road going to Zion (you've been warned!) I was a little irked that we waited that long for them. But Kate stayed out late with us to make up for the lost time. When we went to our first location I was wondering why we were there and not in the park, but Kate knows her stuff! What I couldn't see in the dark was actually a great view of the Watchman. But on the right settings the camera picked up an amazing shot. We continued on to 3 additional stops and the pictures are absolutely incredible! When I sent the pictures to family they couldn't believe I took them. They look professional! Thank you Kate!

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 November 2017

I did both these tours with Katie Hope. The attention to detail was impeccable. Both the tours were extremely well organized. Seth and Katie spoke to me several times and arranged the best possible time to visit these places. Adequate sunlight is crucial for good photography in these two locations and they coordinated this very efficiently. I got excellent instruction from Ms. Katie Hope who helped to sharpen my compositional skills. I cannot thank these two enough for making my trip to Zion memorable. I am coming home with wonderful pictures that are worthy of framing.