“Great place! Would stay there if we go again”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Nancy P
“Horrible”
Reviewed 29 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

This place was dirty, as in crunchy white stains on the comforter and bits of hair stuck in the mildew on the bathroom sink dirty. It comes equipped with mice and bedbugs. The furniture is run down, the gas grill was broken and didn't have any propane, the fans didn't work, the screens had holes in them and the grass had overgrown the outside table. The list could go on and on. Check other vacation rental websites and read the reviews on this place before booking this place. It may be relatively new on trip advisor but not on other sites. With a good cleaning and a bit of a fixing here and there the house would be alright but the rental itself would still be bad as the owner is a right pain to work with. He changed the rental price and then later sent us a rental agreement at 11:59pm the night before we were suppose to check in and asked that we print it and sign it before he would release any check in information which is definitely not convenient when you are traveling.

Management Response
4 Aug 2017
I knew this was coming. We've rented to hundreds of guests over the past eight years and I'm starting to see which ones are going to be trouble.
This lady was nasty from the get-go.
She used multiple names, refused to provide a phone number so I could verify her identity and sent nasty emails right from the beginning. I wish I had never rented to her and I looked into cancelling in advance, but didn't want to ruin their trip.
The stories about the cabin are totally false. If you're trying to slam a property what worse things could you dream up?
Everyone else this summer has been complimenting the cleaning crew.
Use some common sense in evaluation this "review". If the property was really this bad how could it have been so successful over the past ten years?
The cleaners get paid by the hour, so they are motivated to spend as much time cleaning as possible.
Nobody changed the price - that's impossible on Tripadvisor.
The only thing that's true is I did delay sending the rental agreement. Because I had a bad feeling about this person and really didn't want her in this property.
This is a special place, and only nice people who enjoy the beautiful and serene setting are welcome to experience it.
I'll start requesting reviews from the dozens of happy guests so you can get a real feel for the property.
Phil Cloe...
“Clean, remote and plain”
Reviewed 15 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Upstairs bedroom with 2 beds does not have bathroom on that floor. One shower for sleeping six. Needs some charm. Decor a bit bleak. Look out at porch see broken thermometer, look in family room see empty walls, look in dining see rusted base of stove, look at meadow see sawed off stumps. Post burn surroundings. We did not really need the acreage for our stay, stayed in Yosemite valley all days. Positives are pretty clean and large bath towel. Gate openings somewhat confusing getting in " should always be closed and locked" but first two were open when we got there.
If you have low clearance on your vehicle could have trouble getting down the path, some deep ruts.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
28 Jun 2017
When I look over the porch at the meadow I see trees, birds, tall grass and nature.
There was a fire in this region four years ago, and you can see traces if you look, but it's recovered well and is pretty green now, especially after all the rains.
I didn't realize the thermostat was broken, so we'll replace it.
We can, and will, add some art, but it's going to be more nature, which some people don't seem to like.
For people who like to visit Yosemite we have the best location, just six miles before the main Park entrance, right on the way from the San Francisco Bay Area, 1/4 mile off Hwy. 120.
I purchased the property for it's location, the absence of any nearby houses, to hike right from the cabin and because it's surrounded by (in my opinion) beautiful nature,
The driveway did get damaged during the Winter but the repair contract has already been signed and the work should be completed very soon.
Uday C
“Great place! Would stay there if we go again”
Reviewed 8 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Absolutely great cabin. Highly recommend it. Would be great if the TV had more channels but that's just being super nitty gritty.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing