“The Tree House was the perfect spot for my family...”
Cozy living room with massive granite fireplace
The fireplace and cedar tree are the centerpieces of the home Looking back at the living room from the center of the home
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Cozy living room with massive granite fireplace
The fireplace and cedar tree are the centerpieces of the home
Looking back at the living room from the center of the home
Spiral staircase leads to the center of the home
Open layout kitchen with windows overlooking the secluded property
Closer view of kitchen area
French doors from kitchen area lead out onto deck with fantastic vies
Enjoy morning coffee, afternoon breezes or sunsets from the deck
Dining table with huge windows overlooking the property
Master suite (king sized bed) with private bath and entrance towards hot tub
Hallway leading to the loft room
Loft room with olympic queen sized bed.  Ladder leads to loft
Loft bed with skylight above
Triangle room with queen sized bed
Hot tub close to the house
Unique outdoor solar shower next to the hot tub
Carport under the house or park up by the hot tub to avoid the stairs
Plenty of places to relax at the TreeHouse!!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
LFan77
Madison, Wisconsin
“The Tree House was the perfect spot for my family to stay while visiting Yosemite!”
Reviewed 10 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

My wife and I took our family of 7 (all adults 24 and older) to visit Yosemite National Park for the first time. My son found the Tree House online and it worked out great for our family.
This 3-bedroom house was clean and nicely decorated. It is situated on a nice, somewhat secluded property with good views. There is a nice wrap around deck and a very clean hot tub that we used in the evening. The beds were comfortable. My 24 year old daughter chose not to use the loft bed because it was too warm and a bit claustrophobic, but she managed just fine on the living room couch.
The kitchen was large and nicely equipped. There was one small cooler available but I suggest that if you want to bring your own lunches to the park that you plan on bringing a second one.
The drive to the park is about 25 miles and takes 45-60 minutes depending on park traffic. The closest grocery store is about 10 miles away in Mariposa. We found it had everything we needed.
The owner and his mother who lives nearby were very responsive to any questions/problems. We highly recommend the Tree House for a family trip to Yosemite.

Santa Rosa, New Mexico
Reviewed 16 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

supermode...
Los Angeles, California
“Great location, beautiful views, needs TLC/updating”
Reviewed 30 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

Memorial Day stay. First off, the views are amazing and the drive in from LA wasn't bad, even having arrived well after dark. That said, coming in at night set us up for an evening of stargazing on a level that I have never before experienced in my life. Not being able to see the full beauty of the property, we were totally amazed when we woke up the next morning and wandered into the kitchen and saw the breathtaking views. We also saw numerous wild turkeys, and were awoken by the woodpeckers! Pretty cool!!!

It took us an average of about an hour from driveway to park gates each day, given the holiday traffic and really wasn't a big deal to us.

The house does come fully stocked with pots and pans, dishes, silverware, towels and extra blankets, which was pretty cool. There were 9 of us and 10 plates in the cupboard. The fridge held four days' worth of food from 3 separate groups, which was very nice, and unexpected. We were expecting something smaller, so that was a thumbs up!

We never used the hot tub once, having come back from the park so late each night, but the firepit was nice. We didn't even notice the outside shower til day 3.

The huge table in the dining room was pretty convenient, as all 9 of us fit and didn't have to eat in shifts.

All in all, it was very nice, however, some things were starting to show their age and are in need of replacement, notably the oven and cooktop. We couldn't get the oven to work properly the entire trip, and the cooktop would not shut off without some major finagling. One of the days, we had a particularly hard time getting it to shut off and after being out in the park for over 8 hours, came back and the cooktop was still very warm to the touch. The shower curtain in the non-master bath is cloth and after everyone's nightly showers upon return, the bathroom floor was just soaked in water.

There is no adequate lighting on the back of the house by the grill, so bring a headlamp with you, or you won't see what you're doing.

A little strange that washer and dryer are listed on here as amenities, yet there is a sign hanging above them that they are ONLY to be used for soiled sheets and dirty towels. If I'm being told I can't use it (except to clean) then it's NOT an amenity.

There is no real coffee pot, but a French press, so if you need fresh brewed coffee in the morning to function, it's better to bring your own. The frying pans provided need replaced as the non-stick coating has worn off and they were badly warped and were no longer flat on the bottom. Maybe bring your own?

The pictures are a little misleading about the room with the loft, so beware, as this caused a wrinkle in our group's sleeping arrangements. The person sleeping in the loft, which uses iron fencing, not a wall, has to climb up a ladder, literally right next to bed below. So if it's a couple in that bed, and a single person using the loft bed, there's no privacy. (We went as 3 couples with 2 single friends.) We were expecting the loft to be fully walled-off and private.

We didn't mind having to wash our sheets and towels ourselves, but it's a little overwhelming to have everyone's laundry done and be out by 11 AM when sheets and towels have to be washed separately, and the washer can't be loaded more than half-way, and the washer takes about an hour per load, start-to-finish. Especially with the max capacity of guests. I have to admit, it was a source of anxiety that we were going to leave behind too much dirty laundry, as you can't leave more than 2 dirty loads' worth for them to have to do.

We are pretty easy-going, so we dealt with everything in stride, but these are things guests should definitely know--what to expect. Yes, it was cheaper than a hotel, but a hotel doesnt come with a rule book and reminders posted all over the house.

After having been there, it is a truly amazing place and you will be rewarded by the beauty surrounding you. I would still definitely recommend staying here, if you have the chance.

adirondac...
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Unbelievably Spectacular!”
Reviewed 21 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

First, let me say that whenever I travel I use Trip Adviser as my bible, so thank you to those who took the time to review this property and give me confidence in booking. However, I am shocked that there are only 13 reviews! This property was AWESOME, and it was our home away from home for our Yosemite visit.

When planning our trip, I really struggled as to whether we should book something inside Yosemite Park. I am SO HAPPY that we didn't! While the park is breathtaking, it is busy. If you want peace and solitude you won't find it there. Also, I found the park to be dirty...not the trails, but the bathrooms and public areas. Based upon what I saw, I don't think I would have been happy. It was a 30 minute drive from the cabin to the park entrance which we found well worth it.

The Tree House is a memorable place, where you will be surrounded by the new and the old. and you can almost hear the laughter and see the smiles of those who stayed before you. It is very well equipped, and all the furniture and household items are quality. There are lots of extra towels and linens, and even a first-aid kit! The kitchen had everything imaginable and Todd keeps a nice organized book that gives detailed instructions about every area of the house, from the hot tub to the fireplace. This would be a very family and pet friendly rental. Plenty of privacy, and lots of room to roam. There is a spiral staircase, but a gate is provided for safety. There is a dog door, and a large outdoor kennel. We did find it a bit buggy in the evening, so pack your insect repellent! There were only a few areas that I thought could stand for improvement. We found the outdoor lighting to be a bit skimpy, especially when trying to grill after dark. Also, no coffee pot but rather a French press. If you haven't used one before, it takes a few tries to perfect your cup of coffee! For those who struggle with smalls spaces, the master shower is very "compact." If you are tall, large, or handicapped you will want to use the other bathroom.

If you are on a budget and want to pinch a few pennies, stop for groceries in Merced at the Food Maxx. The prices were great, the selection acceptable, and the produce was fresh when we were there. After Merced, you won't find much other than small markets with inflated prices. The town of Mariposa is about a 10 minute drive and is worth a visit. It has some cute shops, a yummy bakery, and an ice cream parlor.

The Tree House is great "bang for your buck" and I can't imagine anyone staying there and being disappointed!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: So quaint, so homey!
Liked least: Nothing!
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Reviewed 3 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing