4,174 results
All reviews food court the mountain room restaurant hemlock building yosemite valley ceiling fan small refrigerator food hall family room gift shop shuttle bus coffee maker glacier point can't beat the location two double beds dining options amazing location curry village
Reviewed 20 July 2015

Although we've stayed in Yosemite Valley numerous times, this was my first step in Yosemite Lodge. My husband and I were lucky to score back-to-back nights with very short notice on-line. Our room was large with a king-sized bed, balcony and bathtub (which I always appreciate). We had our bikes with us and, once we parked our car, explored the valley solely by pedal power, on foot, or via shuttle. We dined both nights at the Mountain Room and we're not disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2015

The Lodge is the best place to stay in Yosemite; we parked our car as we arrived and walked everywhere from this location. Yosemite is amazing, beautiful, magnificent!!! The views from the Lodge were astounding. Wildlife was everywhere. Everything you photograph looks like a postcard - the views, waterfalls, trees, mountains. It was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We hope to make it back one day!!!

Room Tip: The back side of the lodge had beautiful mountain and meadow views.
Reviewed 17 July 2015

The rooms were clean and comfortable, the location in the valley is the best.
took grand kids and they loved being to ride our bikes every where we visited .
looking forward to next year at the falls.

Reviewed 17 July 2015

I booked Yosemite Valley accommodation a year ahead. Originally two nights in a Curry Village cabin with ensuite, then cancelled for a change of dates and booked Stoneman Lodge (Curry Village). Months later I added a third night but could only get a CV tent. I wasn't happy with the idea of shared facilities and more particularly having to move and check in again after first night. So I kept checking the website (a lot!) and eventually about 10 days before our stay, I got three nights at Yosemite Lodge at the Falls, and cancelled the other two reservations (on-line). More expensive but I was much happier with this arrangement. Four of us, two adults and two teens from England.

I had requested a quiet ground floor room (concerned about heat upstairs). We checked in about 18.30 on Sunday 5th July, only a couple of others in front of us. Room request had been granted. We were in 3609, Aspen. Very convenient for main building and facilities, completely quiet. View of the Falls from just outside front door, which was incredible despite it being early July in an extreme drought. Perfectly happy with room and bathroom, small patio which we didn't have time to use. Room a little dark but had everything we needed including portable oscillating fan with timer. Pleasantly surprised by range and quality of food in Food Court, although they seemed a little under staffed at times. Managed to get parking space near room. Also enjoyed a snack with very good service in the lounge bar. Wanted to eat in Mountain Room Restaurant one evening but didn't have time to wait for a table. Hired bikes from the hotel which was great, however felt it was a shame that swimming pool closed by 18.00, with laps only from 17.00. We did rafting from Curry Village, 2 hours down Merced River, very limited season but wonderful.

I will write a fuller trip report, but basically very happy with the arrangement we ended up with. Curry Village was nearby and also fab location. We were pleasantly surprised by crowd levels, apparently the rest of the 4th July weekend had been very busy, as would be expected. Previously visited Yosemite as a 12 year old with my parents, always wanted to take my own family and they loved it too. Weather early 90s but bearable. However it snowed along Tioga Pass night after we left. Definitely worth staying in the valley if you can. And we saw a bear (near Badger Pass)!

Room Tip: Book a year ahead, ask for quiet room if you want one, maybe for ground floor if high summer.
2  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed 17 July 2015

The buildings are a little out-dated and the walls are thin, but it's really all about the location. From our balcony we looked out on Yosemite Falls. The room was clean. Everyone was really friendly and I recommend this place again and again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple