4,175 results
All reviews food court the mountain room restaurant hemlock building yosemite valley ceiling fan small refrigerator food hall family room gift shop shuttle bus coffee maker glacier point can't beat the location two double beds dining options amazing location curry village
Reviewed 16 May 2008

We did not want to drive out of the park and back in, so we booked a room at the Lodge and hoped for the best. We arrived about 3pm and were greeted by a very helpful, funny, friendly desk person. I did not expect to be asked what building we wanted to be in, so I asked for a nice room. He put us in Laurel, with a view of the falls from our front door. I suspect it was not exactly the best "deluxe" room, but it was satisfactory for one night. It was much better than a similar room at Canyon Lake at Yellowstone! Just needed some soap for the shower.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
7  Thank MarianReader
Reviewed 12 May 2008

Was a little apprehensive about staying here following previous posts on TA but I'm glad we did. We had thought about staying in Mariposa and travelling in but that would have been such a drag every day and a waste of time. It definately pays to stay in the park itself to make the best use of time. Had been a little worried about the road construction but we had no delays at all (we did arrive late afternoon on a Sunday which probably helped). Also were a little concerned about the weather though had chosen to take the 140 in and it was fabulous! Wall to wall warmth and sunshine all the way.

We arrived approx. 4.20 pm. We had booked 3 rooms and only 1 was ready. That was ok as we were able to store luggage in that room until 5 pm at which point the remaining 2 were ready right next door (not sure why they weren't ready at the same time). We were situated in a 2 storey block opposite the main building - we were on the 2nd floor as I had requested. At first, we were a little disappointed the balcony was situated at the back away from the falls themselves but on looking around, there don't seem that many that had direct views, plus we were not really in our room long enough to appreciate it anyway.

Room was basic, as most other people have said, however, it was reasonably clean and quiet. It did the job fine for our 2 night stay. There was no coffee maker so we were given a voucher for free tea and coffee in the dining room (great as we were so close but may have been a drag if we were further away). There was an ironing board and hairdryer.

Staff on front desk were pleasant and helpful, although the same can't be said for the people in the dining room! Meals were ok and reasonably priced (for us from the UK anyway!), does resemble a school canteen and can get busy but I guess it serves it's purpose. I think I would have got bored with it if I'd have stayed much longer. Also sampled the deli in the village one day which does great sandwiches.

Would recommend if you are wanting to stay in the park itself, not the cheapest accommodation but worth the location.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
6  Thank 1pink_lady
Reviewed 7 May 2008

We just returned from Yosemite and our stay at the Yosemite Lodge at the Falls. I had considered cancelling our reservations for the lodge based on reviews from this site. I'm certainly glad I didn't. First, I would highly recommend staying inside the park, as most other accomodations take you 1 hour to get to over twisting roads. The location of the hotel cannot be beat - a short walk to Yosemite Falls - lovely, especially in the early morning with no one else around.
Our room was great. It was located in the Azalea Building, had a balcony and a view of the falls (rm 4621). When we checked in, I asked for a view of the falls and they found one. The front desk person seemed surprised that one was available as there are less than 10 "view" rooms at the Lodge. I was surprised on how nice our room was - it seemed freshly painted, bathroom - clean, one piece fiberglass unit, etc. I asked at the front desk and they indicated that the Azalea building was renovated several years back. She did indicate that several of the other buildings had not been rennovated and I suspect those are the ones that people have written about negatively. So, when you're checking in, I would ask for a view and then ask for one of the buildings that have been rennovated. Also, our reservation was for a deluxe room, so I'm sure that made a difference.
I'm not certain if anyone has mentioned this, but the plans are for this Lodge to be rebuilt on higher ground and for these buildings to be torn down (during the coming years). This could definitely explain why more extensive rennovations have not been done.
As for no coffee maker in the room - they gave you a coupon for unlimited complimentary coffee at the food court/cafeteria - a short walk away.
We found the staff to be friendly and helpful.
I'm certain that the experience might be different in the middle of the summer, when the park is crowded and the weather is hot (I don't believe the rooms have AC). However, with the exception of the Awahnee Hotel (at more than double the price), this is THE place to stay.
May is a lovely time, as the falls are all running and the crowds are minimal.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank travelingjudy
Reviewed 27 April 2008

Stayed at Yosemite at the Lodge for 3 nights last week. If you want swanky accomadations you will be disappointed. It was clean, and adequate. It was wonderful because you can walk to a trail a short distance from your room. To stay outside of the park can waste alot of time. Some of the roads leading out of the park are having construction and they are down to 1 lane for a short distance. You might have to wait 15 minutes in line for the row of cars to get through. I don't know how long the construction will last but our stay was not at the busy time. I liked eating at the food court because you can get oatmeal, yogurt , fruit besides eggs and bacon. We dined at the Moutain Room and the food was very good. Had the breakfast buffet at the Awahanee which we enjoyed. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bblond
Reviewed 23 April 2008

After reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor about this Lodge we wondered if we had made a terrible mistake in booking it .... but no; what a great place!
First of all you have to appreciate where you are. Yes, there are a lot of children about, and the food hall is busy, especially in the mornings; but it's all part and parcel of the facilites at the park. Once you are away on a trail or walk (especially at this time of year) it was easily a couple of hours before we saw anybody.
The accomodation is fairly basic although very clean. We had plenty of cupboard space too. When you step out of your room you are faced with Yosemite falls - how fantastic!
We packed a picnic everyday for lunch and then ate in the mountain view room in the evenings. Every night they offer a 'special'. The food was great and they had some really good wines too.
Facilites for camping were also very good at the park, and if the Lodge is too basic then there are other hotels in the park to stay at that are a bit or lot more up market.
I would recommend that you stay inside the park rather than in one of the towns outside the park as parking the car can be difficult if you get in there a little late. it may be cheaper to stay in a hotel outside but you loose a lot of time travelling back and forth. There is a free shuttle bus that takes you to the trails around the valley as they are trying to stop people driving which is causing congestion and parking problems.
We stayed for 5 nights here and were sad to leave.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple