“Meadowlarks Walks Bright Lights Dim for This Holiday Season”

Meadowlark Botanical Garden
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Vienna
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Vienna, Virginia has a diamond in the rough that lights up at night from November 16th to January 6th - the "Meadowlarks Winter Walks of Lights" at the Meadowlark Botanical Garden. At dusk the entire botanical gardens turns into a winter wonderland with bright pathways to Christmas trees, light shows, holiday music, and a dream world that enchants children, as well as adults. My personal favorite was the Butterfly Garden. This was truly a treat, one that if you missed this year will not be back until the next holiday season. If you missed it in 2012 be sure to catch the show when it opens again in 2013. Additional photographs of this years' displays can be found on my travel blog - jdrolle.blogspot.com.

All reviews
"beautiful park"
in 9 reviews
"year round"

Reviewed 3 January 2013

This park had so many lights and the paths were well marked. The walk was a reasonable length and there was hot chocolate and s'mores for purchase outside. Inside a craft area for children had been set up. As tourists we had a lovely time. As a family it contributed to the Christmas feeling.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

We went to the walk of lights at the botanical gardens for a team event and really enjoyed it. I had heard that it can be very crowded but it was pouring rain the evening we went so was nearly empty. The rain didn't stop us and we really enjoyed the effort that must have been put into the display. My favorite section was the "stream" running through the entire attraction that included jumping fish. Certainly worth a visit.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

I have lived here all my life but didn't know about this spot till I heard a radio commercial for their Winter Walk of lights. Nice way to enjoy Christmas lights without having to take a photo from a car window. Very nice display and the Visitor's Center had interesting displays. Will definitely go back now that I know it's there and take my sister who is a Master Gardener. I'm sure she'll enjoy it. Can't wait to see it in Spring!